The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It looks the business Tam. Northernraider You and Just smiffy should be very proud of what you have accomplished.
Yes it's come up lovely from how it was .
20240729_151704_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Screenshot_20240825_223912_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If you don’t Get it tracked now you run the risk of having 2 badly worn new tyres
Silly question but why did you not get tracking done when tyres fitted if you were having problems with pulling to left. That could be all it is.
Because no sign of any uneven wear on the tyres that were on it before.

I'm not sure it is the tracking its just something I'm thinking may be the issue.

It doesn't pull drastically. Just smiffy keeps saying his pulls far worse so I want to see how it is once I've driven it a couple of hundred miles in case it's just a lazy caliper not releasing fully or whatever. I'll be keeping an eye on the tyres to make sure there's no scrubbing etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Bearings might be solid but dry after it's lay off of 12 years.
You'd hear them though when spinning wheel and there's nothing.

My initial thought was a warped disc but they're also fine. As I said there's nothing obvious.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthargo
Well done Tam and all your helpers, van looks bloody lovely.
Only thing I find strange from your last photo is how small the awning is for a van of that size, obviously the previous owner must have been happy with it. Do you think you might fit a longer one or do you not really use them. Great shade for the dogs in sunnier climbs!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Well done Tam and all your helpers, van looks bloody lovely.
Only thing I find strange from your last photo is how small the awning is for a van of that size, obviously the previous owner must have been happy with it. Do you think you might fit a longer one or do you not really use them. Great shade for the dogs in sunnier climbs!
Yeah it's not full length but it's long enough for me. I had a big 6/7 metre one on the frankia but it was a nightmare to put in and out myself so I'm quite happy with it being shorter

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Maybe the van's ok Tam, it might just be you:LOL:
That's what Just smiffy said lol.

That's why I want to see what it's like on different roads etc and after it's been driven for a good bit. Its sat here for weeks and only had 2 drives of about 10-15 miles or so. Its had wheels off ,brakes off etc etc ..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
So where do most mount their dash cams? I bought a dash cam for the van but it's designed to stick on the window with a sticky pad ...but
1) it's at the wrong angle as obviously designed for cars with more sloping windscreen
2) it came with a feckin cigarette lighter socket.

So I can buy another cable for it that just plugs in to my USB on dash that's powered by ignition.

And I can make a bracket to mount it on dash or suspended from overhead cabinets.

It's just a cheap and simple camera as I don't want an overly expensive complicated jobby.

So where's yours mounted bottom of screen or top ?
Bottom of the windscreen as the blinds then clear it, which they don't at the top.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Maybe the van's ok Tam, it might just be you:LOL:

That's what @Just smiffy said lol.

Tams a fecking pain in the :moon2: …. He lets go of the steering wheel on a camber and it slowly moves left..🤷🏼‍♂️ if I did that on my van I’d be in the hedge…😆 I can’t feel any vibration except the normal driving but I’m not sitting on his lap/side.. ( NO don’t even think about it..) so he could be right but if there is any then I think it may be the hub caps and valve extension system as they are such a contraption I wouldn’t be surprised if they unbalanced the wheel…🤔

I shall have to keep telling him that if you go looking for it you will find it…. So then I’ll punch him in the eyes :boxing::Eeek: and say stop bloody looking so hard…😆

Doc is a vastly different from Moby and such a smooth quiet ride that you may notice any misgivings…😎

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
That's what Just smiffy said lol.

That's why I want to see what it's like on different roads etc and after it's
It's a big bus, suits you and your ' family' but compared with Moby It's going to get used to.

More suited to campsites.......than touring?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
It's a big bus, suits you and your ' family' but compared with Moby It's going to get used to.

More suited to campsites.......than touring?
It'll be on a campsite the end of the week possibly for 1 night when I visit a friend . But that will be the last unless I'm on the occasional one in Morocco.

It might look big but it's smaller than the euramobil was and the same size as the frankia was. But it has single rear axle and much better ground clearance than either of those. And neither of them were ever on campsites.

It's only a metre longer than moby. And the same overall width .

Absolutely won't be a problem

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Did you really say that. 😱😱😱
Planning to visit dave n marsha and they live on a campsite . They're heading off to Greece and Turkey on 15th leaving Wiltshire on 11th so I'll endure a campsite for one night to visit them lol.

If I have my generator rebuilt and refitted in time that is . And I want to visit cheddar gorge on route.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Planning to visit dave n marsha and they live on a campsite . They're heading off to Greece and Turkey on 15th leaving Wiltshire on 11th so I'll endure a campsite for one night to visit them lol.

If I have my generator rebuilt and refitted in time that is . And I want to visit cheddar gorge on route.
You do know how small it is don't you? If you imagine the gorges in France etc are a big Edam cheese ball, the Cheddar gorge isn't even a Baby Bell! :LOL:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I still have a little vibration from front lhs but I've no idea what it is . But will see how it goes when in constant use. I've checked everything I can and there's nowt obvious.
A few weeks of driving over all the potholes in British roads may sort the problem. Either that or you'll have a vibration from the right hand side too.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Cheddar is an interesting geological feature that's worth a look if you are passing nearby. The village is tourist tat and parking your bus is going to be problematic.
Looking on p4n there seems to be loads of parking up the gorge road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Looking on p4n there seems to be loads of parking up the gorge road.

As long as you are not intending to park overnight, (not that I have any experience of trying to) this time of the year, except half term, you shouldn't have any problems.

We used to take 40ft coaches through there and stop for a photo shot with the goats
(If you bend down to pet one, just be careful there's not another coming up your rear! 😄)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back