The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (93 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I’ve got my camera at the lower part of the screen and hard wired into the ignition.View attachment 957136
I have put mine the same position as you have but then thought how do I press the button if I need to?
The button being the protected 3 mins of recording the system won't write over if you want to safeguard an incident on the nextbase dash cams.
Might need to get a long stick 😅

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Starting to chill then Tam.
Feeling flush after the sale.
I wouldn't say flush lol. But it's a weight off knowing it's gone and I've replaced some of the savings I'd used to buy the new van. Now I just want this one as best I can get it before I head off on the next adventure .

I'm hoping I shouldn't require the generator but just in case I'd like it running .

Tried it again this morning but it just turns over with no attempt to start . I'm not sure it's getting a spark .

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I wouldn't say flush lol. But it's a weight off knowing it's gone and I've replaced some of the savings I'd used to buy the new van. Now I just want this one as best I can get it before I head off on the next adventure .

I'm hoping I shouldn't require the generator but just in case I'd like it running .

Tried it again this morning but it just turns over with no attempt to start . I'm not sure it's getting a spark .

On some of the Honda's, it's important that the flywheel is clean and dry to get a good spark.🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Spark or fuel can't be anything else.
You're going to have to get it out of its hiddy hole and give it a service.
Sooner rather than later while you have the extra pair of hands ;)
Yeah I just doubt I'll have time now. I'm leaving Just smiffy this weekend as he needs to now get things done on his van and his car before he heads off and I need to actually put some Miles on this camper and make sure everything is OK mechanically before I go over to Europe. So I'll be doing a few weeks around the South. So I have 2/3 days of dry weather this week and I need to remove the rear wheels , clean and check rear brakes etc , remove the spare wheel and check that . Those are more important jobs at present . I also think Just smiffy has been a fantastic help but he's been working on this with me for a good few weeks now and it's resulted in him having aches and pains so he needs a break from it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
i had a honda mower when it would not start 1 time the fault was the for want of a better term the spark generator its underneath the flywheel available on ebay for cheap

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I believe so .

It's definitely a tec 29 dometic .
The best Honda man in the business was a friend called Brian Huges

He told me to order a articulated spark plug spanner from Honda as I had a camper with a factory fitted TEC 29 and spark plug removal is really difficult without it

Never needed to use it ironically lol

Your welcome to borrow it if you need it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back