The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (127 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So where do most mount their dash cams? I bought a dash cam for the van but it's designed to stick on the window with a sticky pad ...but
1) it's at the wrong angle as obviously designed for cars with more sloping windscreen
2) it came with a feckin cigarette lighter socket.

So I can buy another cable for it that just plugs in to my USB on dash that's powered by ignition.

And I can make a bracket to mount it on dash or suspended from overhead cabinets.

It's just a cheap and simple camera as I don't want an overly expensive complicated jobby.

So where's yours mounted bottom of screen or top ?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
So where do most mount their dash cams? I bought a dash cam for the van but it's designed to stick on the window with a sticky pad ...but
1) it's at the wrong angle as obviously designed for cars with more sloping windscreen

So I can buy another cable for it that just plugs in to my USB on dash that's powered by ignition.

And I can make a bracket to mount it on dash or suspended from overhead cabinets.

It's just a cheap and simple camera as I don't want an overly expensive complicated jobby.

You can buy a hardwire kit from amazonia or fleabay.

I'm going to mount mine soon but think bottom as I can get it in the wiper blade area easier, think Lenny HB did his at top.

Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Imminent Purchase!
No idea

I paid what paid, also no idea why it should be more for an A class as an Alde system is an Alde system choose what moho it’s installed in surely.

Ok I can see why a system is different in a 6mtr van to a 9mtr van as you’ll have more pipe-work and possibly radiators. But both vehicles could be any class couldn’t they?
If I remember right from the long thread on here somewhere, A Class are generally more complicated to work on.

Might have been other reasons as well.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If I remember right from the long thread on here somewhere, A Class are generally more complicated to work on.

Might have been other reasons as well.
That usually comes up in conversations re engine servicing rather than habitation work though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Mine is mounted on the dash behind my rear view monitor.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes,assuming the camera end is plug in also? usually are. Remember the "cigarette lighter" end will usually be an 12v to 5v adaptor as most cameras are 5v. All mine have come with
2 x cigarette adaptors ,1 x 12vto 5v & the other 24v to 5v.

I used to have both cameras mounted one in centre & one on passenger side ,both at top.When I fitted blinds the centre one is still there but the passenger side is now mounted on the dash .

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve got my camera at the lower part of the screen and hard wired into the ignition.
IMG_0121.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Tam what dash cam have you bought? If you can give us a link we may be able to identify a new cable for you, you can buy them but obviously it needs to be the right connection/type, example of what I mean:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hi tam. What breed is milo your smallest pooch.
He's just a mixed breed , Spanish rescue . No idea what's in there , bit of chiuawawa bit of a terrier . Cute but fiesty

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam what dash cam have you bought? If you can give us a link we may be able to identify a new cable for you, you can buy them but obviously it needs to be the right connection/type, example of what I mean:

It's a good year micro dash cam .

I've already found a suitable cable . I have 2 12v to 5v usb connections I wired in to my dash . They come on when I start engine . One powers my sat nav the other will power this camera .

The lead that came with the camera is a 12v lighter socket with a reduction to 5v built in and mini usb plug .

So I just need to buy a mini USB to USB cable about 3 metres long .

I think I'll have to fit mine top of screen on a bracket from overhead lockers. It can't stick to screen as bracket doesn't swivel enough to have it pointing straight out.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Mounted to the underside of drop down bed. Wired in a couple of USB sockets adjacent so it can be left mounted.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ive had a busy day today .

The rear valance and towbar were very rusty so cleaned them up and gave them a lick of paint .

Fitted my extra reverse lights and reverse bleeper. The bleeper was a bit of a shock as it doesn't go beep beep beep but instead plays a series of very loud noises like a feckin car alarm or fire engine. That'll sure get folk out the way but not sure it would be appreciated arriving late at an aire or whatever lol.

So will see how long that lasts.

I then went on roof to polish the grp section above windscreen which was a bit of a nightmare to do hanging over the roof but got that done , waxed it , then polished the rest of the roof and gave it a wax too . So that should be the last time I need to go on roof for a while.

No photos at the minute unfortunately as I forgot to take any and wanted off the roof ASAP.

My arms are knackered now.

Back to rainy weather tomorrow so I'll get a few inside jobs done then hopefully we are getting 2 or 3 dry days next week I can get the rear wheels off to check rear brakes and clean up and paint rear wheels and spare. If I get that done I might get a look at the generator too.

And then it's just giving the whole van a wax and I'm good to go .

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Fitted my extra reverse lights and reverse bleeper. The bleeper was a bit of a shock as it doesn't go beep beep beep but instead plays a series of very loud noises like a feckin car alarm or fire engine. That'll sure get folk out the way but not sure it would be appreciated arriving late at an aire or whatever lol.
I think they are meant to be installed via an isolation/on/off switch Tam, as they are in commercial vehicles, in order for the sounder not to be used in built up areas between 23.30hrs and 07.00hrs. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Mousy Dawn is absolutely spot on Tam, ie, a cool wash. If really dowdy and drab looking, add a scoopful or two of Vanish, or a satchet of Glowhite, and that'll bring them up nice and white again. ;)
I should have made it clear that I was referring to the net curtains, and not the coloured curtains. :doh:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back