The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (76 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So where do most mount their dash cams? I bought a dash cam for the van but it's designed to stick on the window with a sticky pad ...but
1) it's at the wrong angle as obviously designed for cars with more sloping windscreen
2) it came with a feckin cigarette lighter socket.

So I can buy another cable for it that just plugs in to my USB on dash that's powered by ignition.

And I can make a bracket to mount it on dash or suspended from overhead cabinets.

It's just a cheap and simple camera as I don't want an overly expensive complicated jobby.

So where's yours mounted bottom of screen or top ?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
So where do most mount their dash cams? I bought a dash cam for the van but it's designed to stick on the window with a sticky pad ...but
1) it's at the wrong angle as obviously designed for cars with more sloping windscreen

So I can buy another cable for it that just plugs in to my USB on dash that's powered by ignition.

And I can make a bracket to mount it on dash or suspended from overhead cabinets.

It's just a cheap and simple camera as I don't want an overly expensive complicated jobby.

You can buy a hardwire kit from amazonia or fleabay.

I'm going to mount mine soon but think bottom as I can get it in the wiper blade area easier, think Lenny HB did his at top.

Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Imminent Purchase!
No idea

I paid what paid, also no idea why it should be more for an A class as an Alde system is an Alde system choose what moho it’s installed in surely.

Ok I can see why a system is different in a 6mtr van to a 9mtr van as you’ll have more pipe-work and possibly radiators. But both vehicles could be any class couldn’t they?
If I remember right from the long thread on here somewhere, A Class are generally more complicated to work on.

Might have been other reasons as well.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If I remember right from the long thread on here somewhere, A Class are generally more complicated to work on.

Might have been other reasons as well.
That usually comes up in conversations re engine servicing rather than habitation work though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Mine is mounted on the dash behind my rear view monitor.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes,assuming the camera end is plug in also? usually are. Remember the "cigarette lighter" end will usually be an 12v to 5v adaptor as most cameras are 5v. All mine have come with
2 x cigarette adaptors ,1 x 12vto 5v & the other 24v to 5v.

I used to have both cameras mounted one in centre & one on passenger side ,both at top.When I fitted blinds the centre one is still there but the passenger side is now mounted on the dash .

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I’ve got my camera at the lower part of the screen and hard wired into the ignition.
IMG_0121.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Get a heavy glass coaster. Mount it on that and keep on the dashboard so it can be secreted away from prying eyes and bored dogs who may want to chew it. No names no pack drill but starts with a B .... ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back