The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (128 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
One thing I cannot live with is a non centred steering wheel, I took a car back to the tyre place 3 times before they got the track rod ends & tracking adjusted properly.:mad: However you dont want to know how much they try and stitch you for the new lazer 4 wheel alignment at the likes of Quick fit these days,:eek: not that they can do motor homes on their ramps. They sure seem to be taking advantage of all the UK pot holes screwing up our tracking, the Kwik Fit guy actually recommends that we all need our tracking checked ever 3 months!...Yea Right that will happen.

I might have missed it Tam, but did you strip down the rear wheel hubs & brakes as you did at the front?

Van is looking great, pleased the red light has disappeared, hopefully the MPG will now improve as it was Guzzlin the juice before.

Lastly, Now as I am sure you remember from your Vee Dub Days that The Concours show judges will be looking to see that you have cleaned, polished & waxed the underside of the Bonnet, might be worth running the toothbrush round the end of the exhaust pipe also.;):LOL:
LES

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve had a cooker top shatter before, not Carthago!
I’ve also had a glass sink top shatter also!!
I hate glass tops😁😁
Yorkshire hooligan. 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So long as you don't use a pan bigger than the recommended size its fine, we've used it like that since we bought it ... why else do you think it's got a split lid?
Used the hob on the last van with just one side of the glass lid up for 7 years no problem.
Flipping annoying the Carthago only has a single glass lid but the burners are a lot more powerful as good as domestic ones.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Lenny HB My hob must be the same one as Minxy the glass lid is in two jigsaw shaped pieces and its also just like a jigsaw puzzle to put the cast iron pieces back in the right place if you remove them for cleaning.
I have never used any gas ring leaving one side down, as I am not a lucky sort of chap in these things.
Hell knows who makes them though, I have searched the tinternet looked at all the triangular gas hobs available and still dont know if its a Dometic, Smev or another make but I have seen similar priced at £1200.00 :eek:
LES

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well in typical doc fashion we get 2 steps forward and one step back .

So this afternoon we started doing the electrics . We cut the cable feeding from the leisure batteries in the rear garage ...it was a single cable running from the cbe electric box direct to battery. We cut that and rerouted it so it was going to the new lithium battery in side locker. We disconnected and removed the 240v charger .. only a 240v lead in and a 12v pos and negative out. And a small signal wire that gives a signal to control panel that electric lead is connected. Removed those. We ran a need heavy duty earth lead from the new battery to the chassis.

All good so far , power to control panel and everything working.....BUT the fridge will not light the gas 🤷‍♂️ the fridge has power the light is on the control panel is on ...if I start engine it runs on the 12v relay but there appears to be no power going to the piezo that lights the burner.

I'm not sure what's happened to it.

I had switched the control panel off before we did the work on the batteries but I confess I forgot to switch off the fridge so I'm wondering if when I connected the battery it has blown a fuse or a circuit in the fridge controls somewhere. As I said it's getting 12v as lights and panel are on but burner doesn't light and a red warning light flashes.

I'll take a look at the manual tonight see if I can figure it out.

Also is the relay for the split charger inside the cbe wiring box? I can see one relay in there but only one .

If I disconnect the split charge cable at my starter battery I get a message on my control panel telling me engine battery is discharged. It seems the relay works both ways on this and when on hookup it feeds a charge back from the box to charge engine battery.

Obviously I can't have split charge connected aswell as the b2b so if I remove the relay will it stop that message from appearing on my control panel?

Other than that things were going smooth.

No fridge tonight so I've had to decant all my stuff in to garrys as we won't get a look at it tomorrow as we won't be here. Solar is disconnected for now too so will see how much battery I use between now and Sunday when we can reconnect the solar.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
CBE electrics are a nightmare still trying to get my head round them.
The fridge control circuit normally has a 2 amp fuse feeding it.
The CBE distribution unit feeds a charge to the starter battery when the leisure battery is 13.5v and above.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
So pleased I have a simple set up, 300 W of solar and one fogstar 230amp battery and a compressor fridge just switch on and forget 👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
CBE electrics are a nightmare still trying to get my head round then.
The fridge control circuit normally has a 2 amp fuse feeding it.
The CBE distribution unit feed a charge to the starter battery when the leisure battery is 13.5v and above.
Any idea where that 2 amp fuse is? It has to be something wrong on the actual fridge itself as its getting power and gas it just isn't lighting the burner.

I know it Feeds a charge to the starter battery ...I'm assuming it is through the same wire that supplies a charge to the distribution unit when engine is running .. the split charger. But I have to disconnect the split charger when I connect the b2b , if I just disconnect the wire from the battery i get a warning message on my main control panel telling me my starter battery Is discharged. How do I stop that ?

Do I remove the relay from the distribution box?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I can’t find any info on the cbe unit at all….🤷🏼‍♂️

IMG_1168.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can’t find any info on the cbe unit at all….🤷🏼‍♂️

View attachment 952887
Nah and I don't have books for that only the cbe control panel. Fridge manual gives no info on the gubbins either.

It'll be something simple inside that black box on the rear of fridge.

The relay for split charger will be simple too

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In your CBE fuse box there will most likely be one like this "number 10" it controls the fridge ignition piezo.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 21.26.38.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back