The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road. (129 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
took me for an Indian meal with his lovely wife😁😁he then paid the bill and would not accept anything😳😳😳😳I think it was on the local news channel later that night😁😁
He did the same with me 😮
I think he pretends to be a tight Yorkshire man so they don't throw him out of Yorkshire. 🤣
Why anyone with a Motorhome would want to live north of Guilford is beyond me, too far to the channel ports.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
He did the same with me 😮
I think he pretends to be a tight Yorkshire man so they don't throw him out of Yorkshire. 🤣
Why anyone with a Motorhome would want to live north of Guilford is beyond me, too far to the channel ports.
Stop telling everyone, they’ll all want an Indian off me!!!
Coastal Cruiser.
Lenny HB
Northernraider
That said I haven’t collected on my good deeds………so far🤣

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Would a 20 yr old vehicle have an ECU?
Yes most diesels would have had an engine ecu since early 90s, they would have been a lot more basic than modern engine electronics and would have used analog sensors rather than digital.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Send it to me, Lenny. I'll send you a one pound coin by return. You'll be able to spend that. Mind you it does have a thistle on the back!

PS Note the sunshine :)

1726751269780.png

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Well I thought I may have found the problem light with the engine a few times, 1. The hose may be leaking so new one installed 2. Jubilee clip wasn’t tightening properly, fixed. 3. I managed to get the lever on the waste gate moving with only a screwdriver and it moved with a click snap or crack of the mechanism and moved fairly freely after….🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

We will go for a test drive tomorrow..🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 I’m staying positive

So tam will be along to tell you all what else we did today but a good productive day…

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
What would that control
Clearly not electronic fuel injection, as it was mechanically injected, but certainly other aspects of engine management surely, eg, key codes? 🤷‍♂️ They are definitely discussed on the Fiat Forums.

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not many photos today .

We collected diesel filter this morning .

Changed that first. Diesel looks fresh , no sludge not even any dirt fragments , looked absolutely fine.

Filter didn't look that old .

Removed oil filter and drained oil .. it was black and a bit sludgy so it didn't look like it had been changed in a while .

New filter fitted and 6 litres of fresh oil.

New air filter fitted , replacement turbo hose fitted. Brake pads arrived after lunch so they're now fitted and I bought a spare set to carry with me just in case.

As Just smiffy says there were a few things that may or may not have been causing the issue with the red light etc buy won't know till we take it a drive. I'm still sure it's something simple and who knows Gareth drove the van to and from mot place and cambelt garage and he swore he saw no red light so it may well have been something as simple as a hose not tightened correctly etc . I refuse to get my hopes up until we test drive it.

Will do that tomorrow at somepoint once we have secured the new battery and bits that are just lying in the big side locker at present.

I also ran the b2b cable from starter battery under bonnet along the chassis and in to the locker where the generator cables come through . So that's there now ready to be put together also.

So mechanically the van is back together for now. Wheels and wheel trims refitted and looking dapper..

Solar had the battery fully charged today

So it's now ready to connect up to the van too so we should have all the electrics wired up by Saturday.

20240919_171924_copy_1612x1209.jpg
20240919_171918_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back