Apr

Rally The Last Peterborough Show April 2023 (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Thank you to all the Marshalls for all their hard work this weekend in what was difficult circumstances getting us all parked up. And to Jim and Sian for the Tea/Pimms tent. I had a lovely time catching up with Funster’s and the weather was a lot better than expected. However it didn’t stop me getting stuck this morning and because I was front facing into the railings (wont do that again) the tractor man had nothing to hook the tow rope onto at the back of my van. Panic was starting to set in but was soon averted by International Rescue in the form of several Funster super men who came over and pushed me away from the railings and out of the rut, which enabled me to get to firmer ground under my own steam. I would like to say an enormous big thank you to you all.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
On the way to the truck place we were just overflown by an RAF Typhoon - who then turned around, came back really low and waggled his wings at us as a salute. Obviously a fan of “Trucking Hell”. Really cool
Pleas you are on the move. Not been the best show for you. Has it?

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Half way home , I’m stopping the night at Winchcombe CCC left Peterborough in sunshine arrived here in rain and it’s been raining on and off since . Thankyou to all the Marshall’s for their hard work parking us all up , I didn’t need a tow off thanks to the chap who gave me some instructions Thanks also to Jim and Sian . DuxDeluxe you must have left after me as I never passed a breakdown on the A46. Hope it’s not too expensive to repair .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Half way home , I’m stopping the night at Winchcombe CCC left Peterborough in sunshine arrived here in rain and it’s been raining on and off since . Thankyou to all the Marshall’s for their hard work parking us all up , I didn’t need a tow off thanks to the chap who gave me some instructions Thanks also to Jim and Sian . DuxDeluxe you must have left after me as I never passed a breakdown on the A46. Hope it’s not too expensive to repair .
Thanks. We were on the road to Cleethorpes about 14 miles from home in Holton le Clay, so the MB truck and van place only about 15 minutes away on the Breakdown truck

Jan 13, 2013
Leicester
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thankyou to the organisers, the marshalls and the tea makers.
Our first meet with MHF, thankyou for your company.

Monday morning we were stuck and as instructed got out the towing eye to be ready for the tractor. Only to find it was too short to clear the bumper !
Can't believe that Hymer/Fiat didn't supply the correct one. The body is a coachbuilt not an A class.

When the tractor driver arrived he was very patient and helpful. Eventually another motorhomer brought his long eye over and that just about fitted.
I never had chance to thank him properly but thankyou sir you were a lifesaver.

This afternoon I went to our local Fiat professional dealer. He typed in my reg and hey presto out came a correct long towing eye!
tow eye.jpg

We had trouble on the field getting the towing eye more than 3 turns in which we supposed was down to grit and dirt. Once home I have cleaned the threaded hole in the chasis with lots of wd40 and a cloth. I have succeded in getting the eye 6 turns in.
Is this about right ?
How do people clean the female thread ? I was thinking of something like a bottle brush ?
How do people then keep it clear ? Is there something like a bung ?

Thankyou again, Paul and Helen.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thankyou to the organisers, the marshalls and the tea makers.
Our first meet with MHF, thankyou for your company.

Monday morning we were stuck and as instructed got out the towing eye to be ready for the tractor. Only to find it was too short to clear the bumper !
Can't believe that Hymer/Fiat didn't supply the correct one. The body is a coachbuilt not an A class.

When the tractor driver arrived he was very patient and helpful. Eventually another motorhomer brought his long eye over and that just about fitted.
I never had chance to thank him properly but thankyou sir you were a lifesaver.

This afternoon I went to our local Fiat professional dealer. He typed in my reg and hey presto out came a correct long towing eye!
View attachment 743284

We had trouble on the field getting the towing eye more than 3 turns in which we supposed was down to grit and dirt. Once home I have cleaned the threaded hole in the chasis with lots of wd40 and a cloth. I have succeded in getting the eye 6 turns in.
Is this about right ?
How do people clean the female thread ? I was thinking of something like a bottle brush ?
How do people then keep it clear ? Is there something like a bung ?

Thankyou again, Paul and Helen.
Leave the eye in

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Eventually another motorhomer brought his long eye over and that just about fitted.
Guilty as charged your honour. Just glad it did the job. That tractor driver was very good. He could have just driven off with the message to call again when you had it sorted.

Pleased you now have the right length eye. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Got the van back from the MB workshop feeling a bit lot lighter in the wallet. It is the EGR valve that is causing the problem. They had a good fettle around, cleared the faults and gave it a good test drive. Recommendation was to take a risk of it happening again and then get it fixed. Drove home with great trepidation

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Got the van back from the MB workshop feeling a bit lot lighter in the wallet. It is the EGR valve that is causing the problem. They had a good fettle around, cleared the faults and gave it a good test drive. Recommendation was to take a risk of it happening again and then get it fixed. Drove home with great trepidation
Depends on how many times you need a lowloader to get on the telly

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back