Tessa electric levellers (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago T148
I am considering fitting Tessa electric levellers to my Malibu PVC. I have ruled out hydraulic systems as there is simply no space to fit the pump. Has anyone fitted a Tessa system and if so what are the plus/minus opinions please.

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
I have the Tesa system on my PVC, and very good it is too. I got that system for the same reason, no space to fit the pump, though there are some where the pump goes underneath. However, I'm not sure it was possible to fit the hydraulic ones anyway, as I have water tanks where they normally fit. My rear legs fit behind the rear wheels. Mud flaps keep them clean. Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are bent. Only two downsides are that the system cannot replace a car jack with a flat tyre as the legs need enough space to fold down, and they do not lift as high as hydraulic ones, though they will lift enough to lift the wheels off the ground.

Another big advantage is the price. They are a significant amount cheaper than hydraulic.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I am considering fitting Tessa electric levellers to my Malibu PVC. I have ruled out hydraulic systems as there is simply no space to fit the pump. Has anyone fitted a Tessa system and if so what are the plus/minus opinions please.

The feet on the Tessa electric levellers are very small in area, so you will likely need to put a pad with a larger area under the feet when on grass.
Our E&P levellers feet are 230mm diameter, and sometimes we need pads under our feet to stop us sinking when the ground is soft-ish.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Rubbish, if they were bent, then you would not be able to extend or retract them as they would jam.
I suggest when you go past motorhomes with levellers then look carefully. I quite regularly see ones that are at an angle. I presume either the mountings bend, or where the levellers are connected to the mountings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
The feet on the Tessa electric levellers are very small in area, so you will likely need to put a pad with a larger area under the feet when on grass.
Our E&P levellers feet are 230mm diameter, and sometimes we need pads under our feet to stop us sinking when the ground is soft-ish.
Mine came with large pads, I can put underneath, together with a pole to put them in place. In nearly 3 years of regular use I've never needed them so far.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I suggest when you go past motorhomes with levellers then look carefully. I quite regularly see ones that are at an angle. I presume either the mountings bend, or where the levellers are connected to the mountings.

You said " Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are bent.", which is what I commented on and as I said your statement was untrue and complete rubbish, and now you are moving the goalposts. :doh:

Mine came with large pads, I can put underneath, together with a pole to put them in place. In nearly 3 years of regular use I've never needed them so far.

Got away lucky up to now then. ;):ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I have the AL-KO system, Hydraulic, the pumps are on each leg, no extra space needed, works a treat too, had it since Feb and use it every time, only 13,000 km since feb but I think it will be fine for the future :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think the Tesa system is possibly better suited to vans that have limited underfloor clearance as they are stored/parked in a horizontal position and then hinge down on deployment, not sure what the weight limit is on the Tesa ones is but we have hydraulic and wouldn't swap, and yes we sometimes need pads under the feet.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
You said " Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are bent.", which is what I commented on and as I said your statement was untrue and complete rubbish, and now you are moving the goalposts. :doh:

Got away lucky up to now then. ;):ROFLMAO:

Oh dear. Try looking up a definition of bent. Simply put, bent means not straight.

No not lucky, just careful where I park.

Never found the need to put anyone on ignore on this forum .......... until now.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
AFAICT hydraulic systems generally are around 50Kg, as is the Tessa system. The ALKO one is comes in at a whisker under 70Kg. That's a big dent in your payload.
PVC are generally far lighter than C class. 50kg is neither here or there for me when I have a payload of 700kg.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Oh dear. Try looking up a definition of bent. Simply put, bent means not straight.

No not lucky, just careful where I park.

Never found the need to put anyone on ignore on this forum .......... until now.
Think you will find a google search for definition has the below, which is far from not straight.

IMG_0352.jpeg

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Think you will find a google search for definition has the below, which is far from not straight.

View attachment 933704
OK, if you also want to be pedantic, my original statement still holds. I wrote "Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are bent." I could just as easily used the definition above to say "Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are at an angle."

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
OK, if you also want to be pedantic, my original statement still holds. I wrote "Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are bent." I could just as easily used the definition above to say "Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are at an angle."
we are not being pedantic your original statement does not hold, you stated bent and by definition is not what you obviously meant, if you had said angle you would not be having this conversation

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
So, getting back on topic…..could anyone give me a cost indication for fitting the Tessa system?

£3,995.00​

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
So, getting back on topic…..could anyone give me a cost indication for fitting the Tessa system?
Cannot find anything on google which is odd.
The height lift doesn’t look to be great from the two vids I’ve just seen.
Less bulky than hydraulic so would be ok if space is restricted

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sol725
Apr 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Carthago T148
I have the Tesa system on my PVC, and very good it is too. I got that system for the same reason, no space to fit the pump, though there are some where the pump goes underneath. However, I'm not sure it was possible to fit the hydraulic ones anyway, as I have water tanks where they normally fit. My rear legs fit behind the rear wheels. Mud flaps keep them clean. Legs are really sturdy, far more so than the hydraulic ones, which I frequently notice are bent. Only two downsides are that the system cannot replace a car jack with a flat tyre as the legs need enough space to fold down, and they do not lift as high as hydraulic ones, though they will lift enough to lift the wheels off the ground.

Another big advantage is the price. They are a significant amount cheaper than hydraulic.
Many thanks for the info

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back