Stupid Stickers (6 Viewers)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Should I put them on or not ! Will be travelling through France late May early June going near Bordeaux and maybe a couple of towns/city but not going into them with the van if I can help it , I will be stopping on sites/Aires mainly out of town.

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
But we don't actually know what the OPs MH weighs nor more importantly from what is on his V5C as I don't think he's told us (unless I've missed it due to being preoccupied with going to hospital with FIL).

As above.

He says at post #76 that he is 3500kg and tows a 1000kg small car. On that basis, he doesn't need to wear the stickers.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Odd innit, yet many motorhomers are happy to fit the naff stickers: 'Adventure before dementia'.... 'Living the dream' ....'Spending the kids' inheritance' etc.
Because they make sense

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
As a boy I cycled thousands of miles; with a motorbike I travelled thousands more, often "making progress" by filtering down the inside of slow-moving queues of traffic. I realised that I would come off worst if something happened but I kept doing it. I like to think that I have a good awareness of dangers to those more vulnerable road users.

As an adult I've driven in UK, EU and USA whilst only having two accidents in over 55y: one in the MH and one in a car. The latter resulted from me turning into a middle-aged lady who then needed 20 stitches in her head.
I pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention but got a very lenient penalty.

My defence comprised:
first RTA
poor visibility (fog, heavy rain)
my lights were on
I indicated that I was turning left
she was dressed in black, with no Hi Viz equipment
her cycle didn't have lights
she was cycling quickly with her head down, so wasn't really aware of her situation
she wasn't wearing a helmet.

Despite these mitigating circumstances I was quite shaken up for several days: it was a few months before the court case so there was on-going worry. I knew that the outcome could have been fatal, in which case the penalty would probably have been more severe and I would have been mentally scarred.
Had I been in a MH with AM stickers then it may have been easier to salve my conscience: had I been in a foreign country with limited language ability and defying their laws then I suspect I would be in serious trouble.

Gordon

(£30 fine and no points on my licence.)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back