Stuck in the lakes !! 🙁 (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Hi
We have just started our journey to do NC 500 and stopped off in Lake District … 2nd day in van 🚐 and we have a problem. Our water pump is working as we can hear it but no water pressure and sometimes no water coming out taps or shower. …. If it comes out it’s very very low pressure.

Thinking we may need to get a mobile man out to fix but we are up against the weekend ☹️☹️☹️.

ps. Tap has to be on ages before water finally comes out … and it’s gurgling.

OP
OP
jenmocraig
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
No we didn’t fill the boiler ….. but now we have all the hot taps open ..??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Is it a submersible pump ? Have you opened the hatch on top of tank to have a look.
I once had the pipe detach from the top of the pump so although the pump was pumping the water was going straight back into the tank

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
If I was in that situation I would think, did I close the drain off taps, did I fill the fresh water tank, if so and the pump is working and all the taps inside are closed except one, one of the water pipes, easy fit, push on connectors must have become disconnected if everything was working before you drained down last winter.
Good Luck! 🤞

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is it a submersible pump ? Have you opened the hatch on top of tank to have a look.
I once had the pipe detach from the top of the pump so although the pump was pumping the water was going straight back into the tank
Had that a couple of times on my Hymer was going to post but you beat me.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
If it's a submersible pump, impellers have been known to shear from motor.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jenmocraig
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Ok taps thing hasn’t worked … it looked to be then no water again. So we will have to look in tank tomorrow and see if dis connection somewhere. Failing that I guess a mobile man is needed.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
No we didn’t fill the boiler
How can you not fill the boiler? If there is water in the main tank and the pump is on, it would normally fill the boiler automatically. I guess its possible there is an isolation valve, but all three of our vans have not had one.

How much water have you in the tank. You would normally need at least 30 litres. (our current van takes almost 40. Turn pump on and open nearest cold tap until it flows without spitting, Then the same with the other cold taps and shower. Then repeat with the hot taps one at a time. Only then turn on hot water. Check between floors and under the van for leaks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jenmocraig
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Yep we have done tap thing .. and yes the water flowed in hot and cold position. Then turned off all taps. Then turned on tap expecting all fixed but back to same problem ☹️

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jenmocraig
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Has anyone had experience of calling out mobile mechanic to fix motorhome ?

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Not this van, but after one winter we couldn't get the water to work. Little furry friends had visited and chewed a hole in the lift pipe from the tank so it could not create a suction to lift the water.. Trace you pipe from the tank checking for missing sections.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jenmocraig
Oct 9, 2023
Funster No
MH
burstner
Not this van, but after one winter we couldn't get the water to work. Little furry friends had visited and chewed a hole in the lift pipe from the tank so it could not create a suction to lift the water.. Trace you pipe from the tank checking for missing sections.
Thank you ☺️ def in the morning we are going to have to have a better look and see if anything obvious.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Do you have a shower, make sure you turn that on too, hot and cold and have the shower head low down in the tray.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
If it's a submersible pump, the non return valve may have failed, thus allowing the pumped water to run back into the tank.
Is tank in a position you can get your eyes on it too see what's actually happening?
Mike.

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Has anyone had experience of calling out mobile mechanic to fix motorhome ?
Well Google is possibly your friend, but if not look for a nearby caravan or motorhome dealer and ring them. They will almost certainly have a couple of freelancers that they use or can recommend, or if you can get it to them may have capacity to fix it.

Upvote 0
Jun 1, 2022
Portishead. Bristol
Funster No
MH
carthago C line 2018
Exp
Hi
We have just started our journey to do NC 500 and stopped off in Lake District … 2nd day in van 🚐 and we have a problem. Our water pump is working as we can hear it but no water pressure and sometimes no water coming out taps or shower. …. If it comes out it’s very very low pressure.

Thinking we may need to get a mobile man out to fix but we are up against the weekend ☹️☹️☹️.

ps. Tap has to be on ages before water finally comes out … and it’s gurgling.
Sounds like you have a air lock I turn off all taps and fill the water right up then start to bleed them out if the water come out the cold side let it run hold your hand over the tap and turn the hot on so the cold is going down the hot pipe that should free the air

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back