Storage changes Manchester UK

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Whist we await our driveway being widened for our (not yet obtained) van, I thought I'd ring round to obtain a storage space, in case we purchase and need it for a few weeks.

There were no spaces, as apparently, many storage facilities around Manchester have shut this year, causing everyone who used to have a secure spot, to seek and fill the spaces of those that remain in business!

Is this true?

I heard it off two separate sources, but it seems remarkable.

Thought it was a guaranteed goldmine?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Yes, we struggled too. Some places I called had over 50 people on the waiting list. We happened to drop lucky as a local storage depot were just in the process of ringing round to confirm numbers for the next calendar year & had a space come up. We had to pay from April to secure the space but the MH didn't arrive until end of June.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
All of the above just confirms my decision to stick within a length that I could accommodate on my driveway. (It also makes it so much easier to tinker and load before departure!)

@Strawde: This may not work for you but I delayed taking delivery of my van for just over a month until I had some time to do things with it. The dealer stored it undercover for me for a month or so. I had paid him in full. The V5 was in my name and I SORNed the van for that month. Might be worth exploring - although likely you are itching to get your hands on it!!!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Ignore: Gremlins meant the above post did not seem to have registered

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Ignore: Gremlins meant the above post did not seem to have registered

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Our storage facility up in Edinburgh has extended about 4 times over the last 20 odd years. However, they are now removing some of the storage spaces and replacing with storage containers. It would seem there is more money in this type of storage.
We have used our storage pitch about 8 nights this year but cannot give it up due to the fear of not having a place to store it if we ever need it and our insurer insists it’s stored in gold CASSOA site so just put the storage cost down to a part of the insurance premium.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Removed due to duplicate post

Likes collected
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Whist we await our driveway being widened for our (not yet obtained) van, I thought I'd ring round to obtain a storage space, in case we purchase and need it for a few weeks.

There were no spaces, as apparently, many storage facilities around Manchester have shut this year, causing everyone who used to have a secure spot, to seek and fill the spaces of those that remain in business!

Is this true?

Hi, Where in Manchester are you ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just near Stockport/ Denton
Customers of mine have a yard in the dip between Haughton Green and Hyde.

Do you know it, tried them?. They are fareground folk and live on the commune, very safe and very nice people.

My mate managed to get a spot there for his caravan. Do you want me to send a contact number ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-t 580 4x4
Exp
Getting there!
East Cheshire seems to be the same but I'll PM you a place which may be able to help, midway between Alderley Edge and Congleton.

OP
OP
Sdrawde
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Customers of mine have a yard in the dip between Haughton Green and Hyde.

Do you know it, tried them?. They are fareground folk and live on the commune, very safe and very nice people.

My mate managed to get a spot there for his caravan. Do you want me to send a contact number ?
I think that's the one by the M67 junction2 ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt

Is this true?

We used to use A1 Secure Storage at Carrington when we lived in Cheadle. Dunno if they’re still going.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
The OP had posted his approx. location in an earlier thread. I was simply passing this on thinking he might be at work or whatever but then saw he had replied! That rendered my post unnecessary.
Okay, but proximity is a big deciding factor for people looking for storage.

Manchester is a big city. Just getting from Stockport town centre to Manchester airport, a 20 min journey can take you 45 mins at rush hour. Even 90 mins if there is an accident.

Finishing work, needing to collect a motorhome and getting to a CAMC site before 8pm can be a close call.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
We have used Vanguard in Swinton, just off the motorway, on several occasions and can thoroughly recommend them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.

Is this true?
And according to several posts on here dealers were handing over 30 to 60 motorhomes a day of which a high proportion were brand new ones during the pre and post Covid rush to buy which has no doubt increased the demand for storage as many new owners/first timers probably won't have their own drive.

POH

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years

Is this true?

Hi , if your talking about the two at Carrington then yes they have both gone about 2years ago I went to one in sale last week but they are not taking anymore on ATM but there are two in Lymm one at wet gate farm can't remember the other , whereabouts in Manchester are you ? I am in Urmston.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back