Starlink ordered… I feel it’s the only sensible option now..

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Startink Mini power consumption is about 30 watts. It does have a snow melt mode for the mini but I haven’t used that yet in the U.K.!! The App has information on the power usage.

IMG_1932.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB

Neat package, though as it is not tethered by a cable would be even easier to steal than a naked dish if left unattended. I also wonder in reality how much of a benefit the increased portability really is. It looks too large and heavy to go hiking or biking with, and will also need recharging every day, so you are probably going to be carrying it in a vehicle where you already have access to a 12V supply.

In that case why not just power it from a cable. Admittedly cable length for a 12V supply is severely limited which might be what has prompted this design. However, if you adapt it for POE (power over ethernet) using a 48V supply as I have done, you are not limited in cable length in the same way you would be if just connecting to 12V. My Mini works fine at the end of a roughly 85ft long cable. A lot cheaper too than the design presented in the video!

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Neat package, though as it is not tethered by a cable would be even easier to steal than a naked dish if left unattended. I also wonder in reality how much of a benefit the increased portability really is. It looks too large and heavy to go hiking or biking with, and will also need recharging every day, so you are probably going to be carrying it in a vehicle where you already have access to a 12V supply.

In that case why not just power it from a cable. Admittedly cable length for a 12V supply is severely limited which might be what has prompted this design. However, if you adapt it for POE (power over ethernet) using a 48V supply as I have done, you are not limited in cable length in the same way you would be if just connecting to 12V. My Mini works fine at the end of a roughly 85ft long cable. A lot cheaper too than the design presented in the video!

Not as cheap as my full 12v conversion with the router inside the housing .... and not something to brag about usually, but mines a lot smaller than his ....lol

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
Anyone got a Gen 2 Starlink Dishy (Standard Actuated) they don’t use and are thinking about selling?

Thanks in advance. 👍🏻
Yes I have one which I'm intending to sell. I paid £150 for it so looking to sell for around £125. Message me if interested.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
Not as cheap as my full 12v conversion with the router inside the housing .... and not something to brag about usually, but mines a lot smaller than his ....lol
And mine's longer than his! :giggle: That is to say it can run off a longer cable on a tripod when roof mounting is too shaded. The longer of my two ethernet cables is about 85ft and it works fine connected via that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back