LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Horses for courses I suppose, but I don't see it as much of a hardship to carry, peel, boil then mash a spud, especially as 26% of the packet stuff isn't even tattie ?
View attachment 930830

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 how hard is to make proper stuff with lashings of butter and pepper 😋😋😋
In days gone by I would have agreed ( unless in a real hurry) but since being seriously unwell and with "left over" issues I am much more reliant on quick and easy foods. It's nice to have something that tastes good.

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
By the time you’ve messed about peeling and boiling a load of spuds you could be sat on the settee stuffed from very tasty mash and spam! (y)
Washed down with a bottle of rosé.
Life’s too short to be monkeying about taking hours to prepare food. Get it down yer neck.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
By the time you’ve messed about peeling and boiling a load of spuds you could be sat on the settee stuffed from very tasty mash and spam! (y)
Washed down with a bottle of rosé.
Life’s too short to be monkeying about taking hours to prepare food. Get it down yer neck.
No no no no, sorry, but no for several reasons: 1- Food is the number one reason we are alive. 2- Food should be tasty, healthy and properly elaborated. (ok, sometimes, but only sometimes it can be unhealthy). 3- preparing food for your loved ones should be a passion, you should have fun doing it knowing that they're gonna love it and you should also have a glass of wine while doing it. 4- seeing the happy faces on your diners while eating what you have prepared is the best reward for your work. Let's face it, cooking is not hard work and if it is, you're doing it wrong. Many people eat to live, I live to eat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Horses for courses I suppose, but I don't see it as much of a hardship to carry, peel, boil then mash a spud, especially as 26% of the packet stuff isn't even tattie ?
View attachment 930830
I went to buy some a few days ago after my sister asked me to bring some to Stockholm as difficult to find mashing spuds here. When I saw the ingredients including sulphites, I gave it a miss. Bought some Sainsbury’s own brand which just had potato and salt listed but not tried it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It won’t stop Minxy……. She even tries to knock off tough old ducks for the cooking pot😉
Trust me my fickle feathered 'fiend' ... if I'd tried you wouldn't be posting on this forum ... :giggle: ... you'd already have been plucked, spatchcocked and eaten ... slowly, slowly catchy ducky"! >:)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
No no no no, sorry, but no for several reasons: 1- Food is the number one reason we are alive. 2- Food should be tasty, healthy and properly elaborated. (ok, sometimes, but only sometimes it can be unhealthy). 3- preparing food for your loved ones should be a passion, you should have fun doing it knowing that they're gonna love it and you should also have a glass of wine while doing it. 4- seeing the happy faces on your diners while eating what you have prepared is the best reward for your work. Let's face it, cooking is not hard work and if it is, you're doing it wrong. Many people eat to live, I live to eat.
I. I’m single
2. Never have guests
3. No loved ones
4. Food is just fuel.
5. I’m normally short on time due to usually getting back late from a peddly / motor bike ride.
6. Dunno yet, but I’ll think of summat shortly.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Then you (or whoever is responsible) obviously have no idea on gastronomy.
IN YOUR OPINION. If I had that plate of meatballs you showed the other day dished up for me I would not have been happy. No vegetables, I like at least five different types. What you, or I like is certainly not what everybody likes and dissing somebody’s culinary skills is not polite.
You are fairly new here but I think you need to read and think about your posts before you push the button.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
Totally agree. At home we’re almost entirely UPF free, eat loads of delicious and healthy food, sadly also drink a reasonable amount of delicious and unhealthy wine.

In the van we do fine when we cook our meals, but often not as well as we’d like when eating out.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Yes, that stuff was like wallpaper paste!
All time favourite treat as a kid , bowl of Smash , hole dug in the middle and filled with a ginormous knob of butter , hole capped . Wait two minutes and then release the volcanic lava flow of molten butter . Delicious! 😋

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
IN YOUR OPINION. If I had that plate of meatballs you showed the other day dished up for me I would not have been happy. No vegetables, I like at least five different types. What you, or I like is certainly not what everybody likes and dissing somebody’s culinary skills is not polite.
You are fairly new here but I think you need to read and think about your posts before you push the button.
Can we not just have opinions and state them here? It's all in good faith and without any offense intended. Vegetables are an option, of course, but sometimes we do not need them 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I love my veggies.

A meal is not complete without veggies which is why when we go to a restaurant local to my Mum I always order the meal where I can choose veggies rather than chips.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back