Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
Indeed, that is my choice now, much better flavour, although it does stick a bit on the way out !

Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Come on guys 'n girls, just coz you're in a van does not mean you need to sacrifice culinary excellence. I'm ashamed of all of you :cry:
Yeah, and you live in a sunny climate. If I'm touring the UK and there's a glimmer of sunshine, I'm outside, not inside peeling, boiling and mashing spuds 🤣 Summer has only just appeared over here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Yeah, and you live in a sunny climate. If I'm touring the UK and there's a glimmer of sunshine, I'm outside, not inside peeling, boiling and mashing spuds 🤣 Summer has only just appeared over here.
I really, really wish it would rain here. You can get sick of the sun too, please believe me. Here we have summer 1, 20 to 25c, then summer 2, 30 to 38c (can get up to 40 or 45) no such thing as spring or autumn and I'm really sick of it. I must be getting old. Air conditioning on full blast as we speak.

Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
I really, really wish it would rain here. You can get sick of the sun too, please believe me. Here we have summer 1, 20 to 25c, then summer 2, 30 to 38c (can get up to 40 or 45) no such thing as spring or autumn and I'm really sick of it. I must be getting old. Air conditioning on full blast as we speak.
Based on those numbers, we've just about achieved summer 1.5 over here this week 🌞🌞

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Dead person walking. One good thing is that Minxy will leave me alone for a while and no duck dinner
Giv
Dead person walking. One good thing is that Minxy will leave me alone for a while and no duck dinner
Given she's just arrived in SW Scotland guess why we're heading down towards Hull! (y) (y) (y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hull has been lovely since noon pleasantly cool now.
Despite living quite close, have never met Minxy, did wave to her once but as i was in a car not the moho didn't get a response, well maybe a weird look 😢🤣

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Then you (or whoever is responsible) obviously have no idea on gastronomy.
Evidently you have no idea of the irresistible need to avoid doing anything non-essential
that would delay one's arrival at a m/cycle camping rally beer tent.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Probably gone Haggis shooting. Saves money on food
No way would I kill those SW Scotland little critters as their bigger Highland relations would tell the midges where to find me!!!! 😳

Anyway I've just shared haddock and chips with hubby, he got us one each but they were way too big so we're gonna have the other tomorrow. :tounge:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No way would I kill those SW Scotland little critters as their bigger Highland relations would tell the midges where to find me!!!! 😳

Anyway I've just shared haddock and chips with hubby, he got us one each but they were way too big so we're gonna have the other tomorrow. :tounge:
Those midges surely have better taste…….. :imoutahere:

You need proper Grimsby haddock!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
When my sister and BIL retired to Benalmadena they came back to the U.K. for most of the very hot summer months and stayed with family.

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
It’s nice mash. (y)
I chop up a small tin of Spam into tiny cubes, in to a frying pan with butter, chopped garlic and chopped chillies. Fry until crispy, serve on the mash. (y)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
It’s nice mash. (y)
I chop up a small tin of Spam into tiny cubes, in to a frying pan with butter, chopped garlic and chopped chillies. Fry until crispy, serve on the mash. (y)
SPAM …. Can you still buy it. Specially processed American meat

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hull has been lovely since noon pleasantly cool now.
Despite living quite close, have never met Minxy, did wave to her once but as i was in a car not the moho didn't get a response, well maybe a weird look 😢🤣
Not something that would concern me. 😉

Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
It’s nice mash. (y)
Yes, you can add it to almost anything risotto, pasta, curry etc. Though I prefer Morrisons Bacon Grill. Well- fried so it’s not mushy.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
It’s nice mash. (y)
Packet mash and spam... what is the matter with people? 😂 :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back