LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2022
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 9
Hi Funsters

I'm on the scrounge :giggle:

Has anyone got a old spanish cylinder that they dont intend to use anymore, I'm going to Spain at the end of the year for 3 months and would like to be fully equiped before i go (y)

Cheers

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Stop being a scrounger.....currently if you arrive in Spain go to a Cepsa service station together with your passport and a few euros...
They (Cepsa) will supply you with a Cylinder and a Gas contract for that cylinder just for the price of the exchange cylinder cost...
Make sure you arrive with your regulator and suitable hose.... of course this can be bought in Spain....don't go to Repsol...I doubt you will get the same service...

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
I have a full Spanish Bottle and a half full one along with Tails.
l will check exactly if you are interested but they are not free.
PM me if interested.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Stop being a scrounger.....currently if you arrive in Spain go to a Cepsa service station together with your passport and a few euros...
They (Cepsa) will supply you with a Cylinder and a Gas contract for that cylinder just for the price of the exchange cylinder cost...
Make sure you arrive with your regulator and suitable hose.... of course this can be bought in Spain....don't go to Repsol...I doubt you will get the same service...
Make sure you arrive with your regulator and suitable hose..
Didn't know this was possible, thanks for the information.
If I turn up with a Gaslow external filler hose and regulator, will that be acceptable?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Didn't know this was possible, thanks for the information.
If I turn up with a Gaslow external filler hose and regulator, will that be acceptable?
You do not need to produce you regulator, just your passport and euros....
My reference regarding regulator is to make sure you van is equipped ready to accept the new cylinder....bought in the UK or in España..

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Are you asking if the Cepsa cylinders are refillable (by yourself at LPG garages)?

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Are you asking if the CEPSA cylinders are refillable (by yourself at LPG garages)?
No, this type of Gaslow hose screws into the external filler point and with the Spanish regulator on the other end, fixes to the full cylinder. The cylinder stands on the floor outside the mh. When the internal cylinder to empty, gas is drawn from the external cylinder. Neat solution to expensive electricity metered pitch cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
No, this type of Gaslow hose screws into the external filler point and with the Spanish regulator on the other end, fixes to the full cylinder. The cylinder stands on the floor outside the mh. When the internal cylinder to empty, gas is drawn from the external cylinder. Neat solution to expensive electricity metered pitch cost.

Certainly what I do.

Repsol bottles from garages and other regulated outlets in Spain are dynamic priced. You therefore pay a Spanish Govt controlled price. It was around €15 for 11kg of Propano this winter in Spain. You may find sites charge a little more.

This represents for the Motorhomer a VERY cost effective way of consuming energy that you’re not generating from solar. Or indeed red diesel or heating oil if you’re diesel heater users.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
No, this type of Gaslow hose screws into the external filler point and with the Spanish regulator on the other end, fixes to the full cylinder. The cylinder stands on the floor outside the mh.

Is that correct? Wouldn’t it be a simple connector to the Spanish cylinder rather than a regulator, otherwise you’ll be running an already regulated supply through the van’s onboard regulator?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4558.jpeg
IMG_4557.jpeg

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Is that correct? Wouldn’t it be a simple connector to the Spanish cylinder rather than a regulator, otherwise you’ll be running an already regulated supply through the van’s onboard regulator?
Gaslow simply provide a tail for attachment to the cylinder by whatever means. I guess a double regulator doesn't do any harm. I'm happy with a regulator on the cylinder.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Hi Funsters

I'm on the scrounge :giggle:

Has anyone got a old spanish cylinder that they dont intend to use anymore, I'm going to Spain at the end of the year for 3 months and would like to be fully equiped before i go (y)

Cheers
Disa petrol station will sell you a full 11 (or is it 13) kg bottle for 19 Euros.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Gaslow simply provide a tail for attachment to the cylinder by whatever means. I guess a double regulator doesn't do any harm. I'm happy with a regulator on the cylinder.

It might work (unlikely) but you may find that your appliances will not be as efficient as they could be because the van regulator is designed for a high pressure input not the 30-39mb output from a cylinder top one. AFAIK you can get a simple ‘Jumbo’ connector for the Spanish type cylinders instead of a regulator, and it won’t cost as much.

Maybe jumar could clarify?

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
It might work (unlikely) but you may find that your appliances will not be as efficient as they could be because the van regulator is designed for a high pressure input not the 30-39mb output from a cylinder top one. AFAIK you can get a simple ‘Jumbo’ connector for the Spanish type cylinders instead of a regulator, and it won’t cost as much.

Just checked the Gaslow spec for their jumbo connector. This is their spec.

"The Gaslow Jumbo Clip-on Adapter 01-1671 is used to connect to Norwegian, Spanish, Portuguese and some southern Ireland gas cylinders, Connected to a bulkhead mounted 30mbar regulator via high pressure pigtails or used with the local cylinder connection hose 01-4500-SS
The Gaslow Spanish Clip-on Adaptor 01-1671 can also be used to connect to the Gaslow Local Cylinder connection hose. The adapter then converts the 21.8LH fitting on the 01-4500-SS hose to fit a gas cylinder connection in the corresponding countries.

Please note this adapter 01-1671 is not a regulator."

So this answers the point, it's a connector not a regulator.

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Does it matter if propano or butano?
Only asking as have two empty propano cylinders at my house in la marina that your welcome to if you get that far.
Carpmart I thought only the butano was price controlled.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

jumar speaks.... Basically I'm saying that Cepsa will sell you a Butane cylinder with official contract at the cost of the gas inside it.
Another matter of how you use it depends on the individual.
What's available in Spain is a regulator, controlling the flow from stored pressure to a working pressure, this is EU standard 30mbar.

Also available is an open flow connector which does not control the working pressure, this requires pressure control as it enters a MH system... on-board regulator...also set at 30mbar..

Although I have a Gaslow system, I've never tried or needed to introduce a secondary gas supply...

I'm sure someone will post some photos of the above which without doubt will help recognise what's needed....👍😀😀🇪🇦

I see whilst writing this that a fuller explanation has been posted....Fun Rules OK ..🤔😃👀🥳

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Please note this adapter 01-1671 is not a regulator."

So this answers the point, it's a connector not a regulator.

Yes, that’s the one you’ll need before the onboard two stage regulator. (y)

IMG_1603.jpeg

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I bought a jumbo adapter from Hamilton Gas for my intended next trip to Spain and a conversion adapter to enable me to use my hand wheel propane pig tail to connect direct to the adapter, which I think is a butane size connection.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Screenshot_2024-07-11-18-33-58-012_com.android.chrome.jpg

You may see this type in Spanish shops...as it says it free flow...

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar 202
Saw an English chap in Spain earlier this year who was using his BBQ external spigot to back flow his appliances from a large CESPA Bottle - it puzzled me how it worked - thanks for clarifying

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Saw an English chap in Spain earlier this year who was using his BBQ external spigot to back flow his appliances from a large CESPA Bottle - it puzzled me how it worked - thanks for clarifying

It’s not the same as the hose and adapter that Kups has mentioned which connects to the filling point for the refillable cylinders. Doing it via the BBQ point won’t go through the onboard two stage regulator, so he must have been relying on a single stage cylinder top regulator - not a good idea.

OP
OP
M

Michael.

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2022
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 9

OP
OP
M

Michael.

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2022
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 9
Thanks for the info, I was led to believe that you couldn't get the first cylinder (with contract) without a spanish address, If i can get one at any Cepsa garage without that, that would be great (y)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks for the info, I was led to believe that you couldn't get the first cylinder (with contract) without a spanish address, If i can get one at any Cepsa garage without that, that would be great (y)
They are giving cylinders with a contract on production of a form if ID.... Passport or ID card....

I cannot confirm that the same applies to obtaining Propane....

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We bought a used cylinder Propane in Benidorm for €20 plenty for sale

Join us or log in to post a reply.