Spain or Portugal pros and cons (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Screenshot_2024-08-10-10-01-12-600_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Clear as mud..

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
That's the year The Germans blew him up..Nothing to you but quite emotional to me when I see his monument...My dad could not even remember him..BUSBY
Yes but that was 110 years ago. My dad was taken POW by Japan at the fall of Singapore but I don't keep bleating on about it and hate the Japanese for it the world has changed. We love Germany and Germans they are not the same people who killed your grandad.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes but that was 110 years ago. My dad was taken POW by Japan at the fall of Singapore but I don't keep bleating on about it and hate the Japanese for it the world has changed. We love Germany and Germans they are not the same people who killed your grandad.
Bleating on?? ?was asked why I didn't like the Germans and answered. Is that bleating???Some folk must me lonely or desperate.BUSBY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Portugal is further away
Spain is nearer
Portugal toll roads not logical toll system
Spanish roads mostly free and tolls logical
Portuguese minor roads can be awful
Spanish minor roads generally good.
If you don't speak Spanish or Portuguese it may matter for some purposes how many of the locals speak English. A considerably higher percentage of Portuguese people speak English

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
We go to both for 90 days, and both are great, both have great free Aires, car parks are good too, although we found the Portugaise car parks better and safer, Portugal has been more greener, which we prefer, and there are great Campsite/Aires on the Algarve right next to the sea for €10 a night with EHU, Showers, Toilets and waste disposal. Both counties have good and bad roads, both still have some toll roads, if your going to be driving a lot, then advise to get a Tag for the toll roads, makes the journey easer, and don't need to be searching for cash all the time, but if your not rushed, then take the A roads, you will see more and guaranteed on some planned one night stop overs, you may end up staying for four or more days, because of so many beautiful towns and villages you would not have seen if you had gone via the toll system. have a great trip.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
My Father in law was shot at , had Stukas flying along shooting at him in Holland so he had to dive in the Dykes, he was in Dunkirk, after all that he respected the Germans and their equipment.
Hi.
Did you know... They bombed Stan Boardmans,( The comedian ) Chip shop. THAT was in Liverpool !! ;)
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back