Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Been using it for a while now. You do need to spend some time cleaning out the cassette first using the product as the Blue or green previously used kills the bacteria.

We also use it diluted in a sprayer to spray and clean the toilet bowl with and also use it to soak and clean the float and cover caps and this keeps it smelling nice. We've been very happy with it. Bought a couple of bags as its a good price with the discount. Just wish could get hold of the 10L boxes
Apparently the 10L boxes should be back in stock by the Spring but depending on manufacturing could be as early as the end of this year. Will post if we spot that stock in as now following Solbio on Facebook so likely that will be updated. Couldn't get any Fun discount on the 10L boxes as understand that they are already keenly priced at £96 delivered & looking at their European website https://getsolbio.com/en/ons-product/ €149.99 this does seem to be the case.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Four packets just turned up. Smells nice. Tee tree oil I think.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
**** The discount code will stop working at midnight tonight so hope everyone that wants to order has seen this! ****

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
We have been using it for a few months now. I am not particularly impressed. But hoping the eco is true, as that's the only reason for continuing with it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
We have been using it for a few months now. I am not particularly impressed. But hoping the eco is true, as that's the only reason for continuing with it.
I'm curious as to what you don't like about it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I'm curious as to what you don't like about it.
I find the carton it comes in clumbersum, don't like the smell of it, and does not break down the sewage smell very well, as I can still smell it almost as bad as using the blue or green options.

Just my view of it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
I find the carton it comes in clumbersum, don't like the smell of it, and does not break down the sewage smell very well, as I can still smell it almost as bad as using the blue or green options.

Just my view of it.
Is it possible there was still some remnants of the blue in the cassette as that would stop it working? We were very surprised at how well it worked for us.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Is it possible there was still some remnants of the blue in the cassette as that would stop it working? We were very surprised at how well it worked for us.
No. I read the instructions and thoroughly washed it out, I am now on the second bag, so even if some had been inadvertently been left in it would have cleared by now, we use it regularly and empty every 3 to 4 days. We started using it in Norway so it's had at least 7 weeks use that's about 12 times. And I put 60mill in each clean.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I assume not only blue, but chemicals with bleach in it, or anything that would kill the bacteria???

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I assume not only blue, but chemicals with bleach in it, or anything that would kill the bacteria???
We are going to use Solbio solution for spray flush & for cleaning loo as understand that any cleaning or disinfecting chemicals could make it ineffective - it is meant to suitable for all these purposes so will give it a fair go :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can someone tell me WHAT specific 'bacteria' it encourages over and above any other product? The 'ingredients' just say:

1668244119646.png

There's no mention at all of anything that creates 'good' bacteria or helps the breakdown of contents, to me it's just a slightly acidic smelly product to 'mask' the smell rather than do anything else.

If you like it and want to keep using it then do so but personally I'm not convinces it's anything but an expensive anti-pong perfume product.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bedford MJ AWD
So I notice there is an extra strength marine version, can someone tell me why boats need extra strength? Is it the same composition but just stronger?

I really like the eco credentials of this and am really hoping it lives up to expectations.

Mark

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
So I notice there is an extra strength marine version, can someone tell me why boats need extra strength? Is it the same composition but just stronger?

I really like the eco credentials of this and am really hoping it lives up to expectations.

Mark
I asked this, thinking if stronger it may be suitable for motorhome use diluting more so could be cheaper per dose, apparently it is similar but with some extra of some of the ingredients to suit marine tanks as contents could be stored longer but not recommended for motorhome use.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2018 Rollerteam t590
Exp
9 mnths
Wombles Thanks for arranging this, it’s the second discounted product I’ve purchased (I got the Cinch Hub) and am grateful. Certainly makes the annual subs good value. Will post review on this product once used.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Got our delivery today - roll on the Spring when we will be out motorhoming again & can put it to good use :)

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Got our delivery today - roll on the Spring when we will be out motorhoming again & can put it to good use :)
Yes mine came today as well. i noticed a very pleasant smell even with an unopened bag

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Solbio appear to have been very successful with this promotion, looking at the orders for the product from forum members. Wonder if the company would consider repeating this promotion at some point, or better still, make it a permanent discount to members ? 👍

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Solbio appear to have been very successful with this promotion, looking at the orders for the product from forum members. Wonder if the company would consider repeating this promotion at some point, or better still, make it a permanent discount to members ? 👍
I've already asked if we can have a Fun discount again next Spring 🤞 when everyone has had a chance to try it - will post the outcome. Think that Funsters using it (after buying at a discount) & telling other motorhomers about it would be a lot cheaper than many of the possible marketing routes & much more successful at getting the name known & all good turnover too so everyone would be happy!
Don't know the figures but I understand that our long term 20% Fun/RVOC discount for TyrePal has worked very well so no reason why other motorhome related products, if equally popular, can't do the same...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Been in sunny St Ives so only just catching up on Black Friday deals - thought our 20% discount on Solbio was good but add 3 of the 40 dose containers (includes Marine version) & use discount code BlackFridaySolbio then one is free! For the motorhome version this takes it down to £16.66 per container delivered - not best news for those of us that bought lots before but good for anyone who missed out & wants to buy that quantity. Just did a dummy order & code is still working (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For all those who, like us, bought Solbio at the end of last year - don't panic (like I did :giggle:) when you go to use it if there is a colour change! Although there is no warning of this I have been assured by both the manufacturer & the UK distributor that the colour changing from almost clear to a much darker colour is normal & does not affect how Solbio works:
"Solbio liquid can indeed darken depending on whether you shake it or not.
The lumps you see are due to the fermented plant concentrate. You can compare that to some types of beer or red wine.
They are tiny micro-particles that stick together. This is also why Solbio is not always the same colour.
Sometimes plant extract particles sit together at the bottom, at the first dose they flow away.
It does no harm at all. If you shake it then it should disappear."

A photo of some Solbio decanted from a sealed bag then shaken showing the darker colour:

IMG_20230409_120532458.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Hi Wombles,
Any news of a permanent discount for Funsters from the Solbio folks, now that Spring is here ? 🙋‍♂️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back