Solbio - Eco Toilet & Waste Water Treatment (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
On Thursday 10 & Friday 11 November this week the discount code MOTORHOMEFUN22 will give 20% off of Solbio Original 1.6 Litre when buying direct from https://www.solbio.co.uk/ making it £20 (instead of £25) including delivery - if, like us, you want to give this product a try for both the toilet cassette & grey waste pipes & tank :)
Solbio has a 5 year shelf life before it's opened & 2 years once opened. The 1.6L bag is 40 doses (40ml dose so two seconds push on the dispenser tap) for the toilet cassette (50p a dose at discounted price) although the manufacturer also recommends using some to rinse out any previously used chemicals before first use for best effect. When using for flushing the flush tank should have a half dose (20ml) of Solbio added each time it's filled with water or when using a spray add 40ml of Solbio to 500ml of water.

1667842168655.png

As previously mentioned on post 116 here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...s-tips-where-to-stay-whos-going.267681/page-4 we thought that using the Thetford or Dometic green toilet tabs was relatively eco friendly but whilst they may be marginally better than some other toilet products it turns out that they aren't as environmentally green as their colour! Before anyone asks we've tried almost everything ever suggested on here & none so far are ideal.
On both recommendation from other Funsters & having thoroughly quizzed the manufacturers on their stand at the Show, Solbio seems like a good natural alternative to try when we start motorhoming again next Spring. Looking forward to also using it to get rid of grey waste tank smells which have been difficult to totally eliminate. It can also be diluted in a spray to keep the toilet bowl clean or in a stronger concentration for cleaning the cassette tank. It is a clearish liquid with a pleasant but light smell which we like as have used Bio D cleaning products based on eucalyptus oil for years now. Unfortunately whilst the packaging is recyclable in some European countries it's not in our part of the UK yet. For ease of use we will probably decant it into a small bottle for trips. Fingers crossed this is the product that really works for all these applications & if you try it please do give feedback here :active:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
An excellent product that does everything the manufacturer states on the packaging.
I thoroughly recommend Solbio.
Thanks for giving notice of this deal. I for one will be taking advantage of the offer.
👍
That's a glowing review - quite excited about trying this now! :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi MerlinUK WallyWalnut heliart spotted that you had posted about Solbio before - are you still fans & do you have any tips for using it more effectively or other uses etc?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 15, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Purchasing a new MH
Exp
very good system and eliminates bad smells but only if you thoroughly remove/clean everything from chemicals for the first Solbio. (y)

Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
Hi MerlinUK WallyWalnut heliart spotted that you had posted about Solbio before - are you still fans & do you have any tips for using it more effectively or other uses etc?
There is not a lot to say other that we are very pleased with it. My wife used to complain that the toilet used to small a bit before we started using but has never complained since we changed over. It is easy to dispense as you simply press the tap button for 2 seconds. It is also 100% safe. No chemicals or nasties in it. I was initially put off by the price until I realised that for the number of uses we get out of one pack, it is quite reasonable. If you decide to try some I'd be interested in how you get on with it.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: As Landy Andy mentioned (y) the discount code is live & working :active:
Think we will buy an extra bag or two too as it's a cost effective option for next year's motorhoming.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just spotted that if trying to buy one the website charges £3.15 delivery as under the £20 free shipping threshold after discount - I'll contact the distributor now to get this changed as it should be free delivery for one bag. If buying two (£39.98) or more it is free shipping anyway so no problems. If anyone wants to buy one bag then let me know & once the code has been sorted I will alert you as one bag should be £19.99 delivered.

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Just spotted that if trying to buy one the website charges £3.15 delivery as under the £20 free shipping threshold after discount - I'll contact the distributor now to get this changed as it should be free delivery for one bag. If buying two (£39.98) or more it is free shipping anyway so no problems. If anyone wants to buy one bag then let me know & once the code has been sorted I will alert you as one bag should be £19.99 delivered.
If you could let me know, it would be appreciated.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Did start to order a pack, but once the discount is taken off, it adds postage as only post free over £20 ok if ordering more that one though.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Does it smell nice?
It smells of eucalyptus but only light not overpowering from sniffing the container! It's not designed to just mask the smell though as "Solbio works with nature to break down waste and neutralise smells." We use Bio D products at home for wiping down all surfaces with the same aroma so already a fan of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Did start to order a pack, but once the discount is taken off, it adds postage as only post free over £20 ok if ordering more that one though.
Hi - thank you for posting - please see my post #13 . I've emailed the UK distributor & hopefully it will be sorted as it's meant to be £19.99 delivered for one - I'll post & alert anyone who is interested when possible to buy one at that price but as you said no problems if buying two or more.

Mar 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Been using it for a while now. You do need to spend some time cleaning out the cassette first using the product as the Blue or green previously used kills the bacteria.

We also use it diluted in a sprayer to spray and clean the toilet bowl with and also use it to soak and clean the float and cover caps and this keeps it smelling nice. We've been very happy with it. Bought a couple of bags as its a good price with the discount. Just wish could get hold of the 10L boxes

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Been using it for a while now. You do need to spend some time cleaning out the cassette first using the product as the Blue or green previously used kills the bacteria.

We also use it diluted in a sprayer to spray and clean the toilet bowl with and also use it to soak and clean the float and cover caps and this keeps it smelling nice. We've been very happy with it. Bought a couple of bags as its a good price with the discount. Just wish could get hold of the 10L boxes
Thank you for the info. - can see that the 10L boxes are out of stock but will see if I can find out timescales & if any offer may be possible on them for when stock is back in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can confirm that the original bag with dispenser is very tough - the paper carry bag it was put in broke & the Solbio hit the hard floor of the NEC from some height but no leakage - however for rufty tufty storage in the motorhome & dosing considered these options:

IMG_20221110_175151355.jpg

Both are used but thoroughly cleaned Ecover 1.5L & 1L bottles & the laundry liquid dosing ball is marked at 40ml point. Thought about a stainless steel measure, as we always dose the toilet cassette in situ through the open flap, then realised that could do harm if dropped into the porcelain lined toilet bowl! 😱
Found that the Ecover cap main centre section takes 40ml so this was the winning option for now so will decant enough for each trip into the 1L bottle & use the cap for dosing (y) :

IMG_20221110_175321209.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have been watching video reviews of Solbio & two things stand out - firstly it is absolutely essential to remove all trace of the previous toilet chemicals & then fill with fresh water, add a dose of Solbio, give the cassette a shake and then leave for at least 24 hours & secondly just using a squirt (sounded like this may be less than 2 seconds or 40ml?) & no added water works fine. Have to admit we don't usually add water anyway as already adding liquid including spray rinse (will be Solbio solution) when using the toilet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Is this better/ greener than Bio washing liquid that we use now?
If standard biological laundry liquid then no green credentials although others like Ecover are claimed to be eco friendly but no biological enzymes so wouldn't do much in the toilet cassette. Whether Solbio works better than standard bio liquid hasn't been tested by us but 50000 units of it sold in a year in Germany plus some Funster fans so for us it's worth a try :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When you're next in touch with the company you might want them to suggest they get someone to sort out their website - the light grey text on a white background is difficult to read, why companies do this I don't know, much better to stick with black text!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back