So now the FUN begins - ArtoFun (2 Viewers)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Not a huge snag list which is good news and mostly daft stuff.

The tracking and steering wheel are probably linked and should be sorted easily.

Glad you are enjoying it. 👍

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well the snag list became a bit longer:

1) centre steering wheel as it was a couple clicks off on it’s splines
2) check tracking as there was always a slight pull to the right
3) calibrate the GS system as it was way off…
4) check Bluetooth connection on the GS seems not to be present
5) as above for the Alko system
6) front drop down bed is very stiff up/down
7) kitchen sink trap seems not to be working or maybe blocked
8) aircon doesn’t work when engine is running, only on hook up
9) that chuffing coffee machine😂
10) Alde check up

Dropped the van off on Monday this week and will pick it up tomorrow. The guys at the dealer seemed very professional and had even arranged for English manuals from NiBi and also AMV for the supplementary heating system👍🏻 so finally i can work a few more things out.

Need to get it back tomorrow as we’re off at the weekend to the Pyrenees, Tour de France, San Sebastián and Biarritz for an early Summer break.

Still thinking about having a Birdview camera fitted in the UK when we’re back over in August at Trailer Vision, need to decide soon…..

Also need to decide if I’m going to install a proper bike rack in the garage, so far haven’t bothered as things are pretty tight in there.

This weekend will be our 5th trip out in the Arto since collection 3 months ago so happy we are getting good use out of our little ice cream van😁
Pleased to read that you are getting acquainted with your new van, re you list and particularly air-con I found that manufacturers and dealers were quite reluctant to wire thing like air-com through the inverter, something to go with flattening the batteries, Morelo did agree to run our air-con off the inverter but wouldn't do the microwave/grill because of the grill draw, I did it myself of course.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I do not entirely agree with your idea that with a 4 year-old machine you might be spending £££s in a few years, because we have had our 2003 Arto for 14 years and have spent very little on it.

We are visiting Polch in May for some repairs to blinds and flyscreens
As far as l know N+B are the only manufacturer that continues to provide this back up no matter the age and it’s not a matter of scratching around looking for parts you can book their workshop and be treated with the same courtesy as someone just buying a new one.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Pleased to read that you are getting acquainted with your new van, re you list and particularly air-con I found that manufacturers and dealers were quite reluctant to wire thing like air-com through the inverter, something to go with flattening the batteries, Morelo did agree to run our air-con off the inverter but wouldn't do the microwave/grill because of the grill draw, I did it myself of course.

Checked it and it works 🥰 just now wondering how long the batteries would hold if i did accidentally forget and run the AC through them for a while ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
As far as l know N+B are the only manufacturer that continues to provide this back up no matter the age and it’s not a matter of scratching around looking for parts you can book their workshop and be treated with the same courtesy as someone just buying a new one.

Yup, even received a hard copy English manual today as well. Thought it was only the electronic version i was hoping to get so there’s another 2kgs of paperwork in the van, but happy to have an old fashioned paper based version to thumb through on a rainy day.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Checked it and it works 🥰 just now wondering how long the batteries would hold if i did accidentally forget and run the AC through them for a while ?
How much battery? how much solar? we must assume the sun is shining otherwise you wouldn't really need the air-con ;) then of course how much as you trying to drop the inside temperature? a lot of variables I know but ours will last hours and hours(y) only way is to run it and see.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
How much battery? how much solar? we must assume the sun is shining otherwise you wouldn't really need the air-con ;) then of course how much as you trying to drop the inside temperature? a lot of variables I know but ours will last hours and hours(y) only way is to run it and see.

3 x 100w lithium and 440w solar to a Victron 3000w inverter. Long enough to work out I’m about to empty the batteries I’m hoping 🤣

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Interesting comment about N&B being the possibly the only manufacturer providing this service for older models.

Our Arto is twenty years old and the Service Dept at Polch did what we needed. I went there in particular because the double cab side window seals needed replacing and I did not trust anyone else.

There were several other minor items and the cost was not cheap but service and speed excellent. Cost was well less than the depreciation on a much younger MH.

Purchase price plus all repairs over 14 years, and additions of items such as solar and B2B, mean it owes me £35K, ignoring consumables and service.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting comment about N&B being the possibly the only manufacturer providing this service for older models.

Our Arto is twenty years old and the Service Dept at Polch did what we needed. I went there in particular because the double cab side window seals needed replacing and I did not trust anyone else.

There were several other minor items and the cost was not cheap but service and speed excellent. Cost was well less than the depreciation on a much younger MH.

Purchase price plus all repairs over 14 years, and additions of items such as solar and B2B, mean it owes me £35K, ignoring consumables and service.
Is that just the seals or the glass too Geoff?

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Yes I remember seeing a few vans parked up at the factory earlier this year, I guessed they were there for service work

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
It’s a slick operation even if you are one of the first appointments at 8.00am. The gates to the service department open promptly at 8.00 as you have been advised to be on time you are waved into the grounds and as you enter the service area you are directed to which a bay were they are equipped to deal with your problems.

In our case we had some five relatively minor issues. They phone you to advise of collection and on our return they had actually completed eight issues as they picked up three more on checking the MH.

Customer service that’s rare these days,they also book you onto the Aire in a compound away from the Aire at the front of the property.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
It’s a slick operation even if you are one of the first appointments at 8.00am. The gates to the service department open promptly at 8.00 as you have been advised to be on time you are waved into the grounds and as you enter the service area you are directed to which a bay were they are equipped to deal with your problems.

In our case we had some five relatively minor issues. They phone you to advise of collection and on our return they had actually completed eight issues as they picked up three more on checking the MH.

Customer service that’s rare these days,they also book you onto the Aire in a compound away from the Aire at the front of the property.
Very similar to Morelo service, 8-00am and frosty🥶🥶 drop the van off for the day then when I went back to collect for the evening they gave me an update of what they have done and what is outstanding to complete the next day.
Courtesy car for the 2 days for free.
A few of my warranty items they just renewed the whole item rather than try a repair…….

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Is that just the seals or the glass too Geoff?
Paul

Just the seals, which had started to shrink from 20 years of weather exposure and we're leaking a bit.

I was glad we had them done because in Provence we were subjected to 4 hours of continuous storms and heavy rain - at one time the windscreen looked like the inside of a waterfall, visibility nil.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Following on from comments by Cazpaul, Little wheels and Coastal cruiser, I believe that when one buys into the superior builders' market, whether new or used, one is buying into a different level of professionalism, in design, knowledge and service.

Yes there is a price to pay, but if that price is at second-hand rates one still has the superior product and back-up of those builders. For very little extra expenditure and a lot less hassle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back