Sliding doors on PVC's

Nicepix

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
PVCs are well built and suffer from air pressure in the van. If you leave the roof light open, the door will shut easily as the air pressure is less.
Phil

It still has to be slid all the way along the rail. That is annoying too.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Reading this thread makes me want to go outside and slam my van door shut. Because I can.

Eggs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
Reading this thread makes me want to go outside and slam my van door shut. Because I can.

Crack on, but don't start moaning when I run the engine at 05.00 to demist the screen, when I could have quite as easily wiped it with a cloth.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It really annoys me ;) when last thing at night, you come back in with the dog, give it an almighty slam, and it won't lock so you open it and try again and it's one of the back doors that not shut properly. :rolleyes: :rofl: Bob.
That always happens to us too. Our locking sensors just won’t engage until slammed at least 3 times. We try and “lock our selves in” before 9pm but not always possible so it’s not until going to bed that the problem becomes known and then we have to find which door it is.
Sorry everyone- it’s not deliberate (y)

Ivory55

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
It’s just like being in a truck stop. Nobody wants to park next/near to the fridge truck because of the noise. It’s like the noise transfer from tents pitched next door to you. If people don’t get sleep they become very ratty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Of course no one slams their habitation door:rolleyes:
Some won't shut without being slammed. This is just snobbery on the part of the plastic van owners.
I've got all your names and I'm going to park next to you!!!!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It’s just like being in a truck stop. Nobody wants to park next/near to the fridge truck because of the noise. It’s like the noise transfer from tents pitched next door to you. If people don’t get sleep they become very ratty.

Fridge trucks don't bother me . The wife complains though:D2

Nicepix

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Of course no one slams their habitation door:rolleyes:

Of course some may do. But they don't have to do it every five minutes like the fun size vehicle owners do. You see; we can leave out habitation doors wide open without exposing the whole interior to public scrutiny. Opening the door on a PVC is like having an outside wall of your house removed. :D2

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
It's not half as annoying as the knobs who have to regularly run their engine to keep their battery charged and knacker their engines

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Reminds me of the late 90's when my sister and hubbie were considering the newish people carriers on the market and were camped next to a Toyota Previa for the weekend. The sliding door made up their mind for them and they bought a Renault Espace.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Screenshot_20181116-044944_Facebook.jpg

Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Soft lock?

More info please!

Is that something that can be retro fitted?

We have the soft close option on our newly ordered Globecar PVC but the list price is £695 so not cheap.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I wouldn't tell anyone ;) or they will all park nexr to you. :LOL: Bob.

We've decided not to use the soft lock door in case we wear it out so we'll just use the twin rear doors instead:

Bang-bang

Bang-bang

Bang-bang..............:D

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
We have the soft close option on our newly ordered Globecar PVC but the list price is £695 so not cheap.
Think everybody who is moaning should make a contribution, it's only fair, it's for your benefit not his. They'll all be too busy repairing their leaky plastic vans.:rolleyes:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Think everybody who is moaning should make a contribution, it's only fair, it's for your benefit not his. They'll all be too busy repairing their leaky plastic vans.:rolleyes:

(y)

The funny bit about this PVC sliding door-thing is that we've only ever had noise issues from people with A-class or coachbuilt motorhomes.

We were on a site not so many weeks ago when a large MoHo turned up laden with children.

Every 5-seconds = bang bang bang bang.

It went on all night long - and then the next day too.

I've parked next to quite a few PVCs in my time and I've never had an issue with them so when we ordered our new PVC the idea of doors banging never crossed our minds ;)

Eggs

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No

My van is all metal with a hab door that I can close quietly.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Can I start a crowd funding to change my whizz bang donations accepted

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
(y)

The funny bit about this PVC sliding door-thing is that we've only ever had noise issues from people with A-class or coachbuilt motorhomes.

We were on a site not so many weeks ago when a large MoHo turned up laden with children.

Every 5-seconds = bang bang bang bang.

It went on all night long - and then the next day too.

I've parked next to quite a few PVCs in my time and I've never had an issue with them so when we ordered our new PVC the idea of doors banging never crossed our minds ;)
Every 5 seconds Bang Bang Bang Bang, no wonder the bloody van was full of children.
Personally after 33 years of marriage the idea of Bang Bang every 5 seconds is quite disgusting, sticky, sweaty, messy nonsense.
Anyway, I am far too tired for that because of the bar steward next door in his PVC checking the nylon wheels on his sliding door are working efficiently.
All the bloody time!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Of course some may do. But they don't have to do it every five minutes like the fun size vehicle owners do. You see; we can leave out habitation doors wide open without exposing the whole interior to public scrutiny. Opening the door on a PVC is like having an outside wall of your house removed. :D2
You don't understand the benefit of being able to remove the 'wall' do you? :rolleyes:

Feeling like you're outside in the fresh air when you're still indoors nice and snug when its too cold to sit out ... it's like having a great big picture window. Its not obligatory to have it fully open either, I've just 'created' a Clipsy for mine! :D

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ies-discount-codes.184590/page-5#post-3088270

Nicepix

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
You don't understand the benefit of being able to remove the 'wall' do you? :rolleyes:

Feeling like you're outside in the fresh air when you're still indoors nice and snug when its too cold to sit out ... it's like having a great big picture window. Its not obligatory to have it fully open either, I've just 'created' a Clipsy for mine! :D

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ies-discount-codes.184590/page-5#post-3088270

I thought that the purpose of having the door wide open was to enable you to put all your belongings outside whilst searching for the thing that you need that is always buried under loads of other things.

:reel:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Crack on, but don't start moaning when I run the engine at 05.00 to demist the screen, when I could have quite as easily wiped it with a cloth.

So much bitterness in the world today don't you think? :ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I thought that the purpose of having the door wide open was to enable you to put all your belongings outside whilst searching for the thing that you need that is always buried under loads of other things.

:reel:

That's what we should have done when we had our A Class, then when we sold it we would not have ended up with 5 chairs 3 table's 2 cadac's and no end of crap we carted around for 5 years. :eek::p

Panel vans rule OK. ;) (y) Bob.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We've decided not to use the soft lock door in case we wear it out so we'll just use the twin rear doors instead:

Bang-bang

Bang-bang

Bang-bang..............:D
Ah well Andrew, you should have got that grand canyon, push the button and ever so gentle swish click :rofl::rofl:. Not really, still sounds quite loud at 11pm when you have to let the dog out for a pee:doh:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Ah well Andrew, you should have got that grand canyon, push the button and ever so gentle swish click :rofl::rofl:. Not really, still sounds quite loud at 11pm when you have to let the dog out for a pee:doh:

Come to think of it John, it is quite loud - but very posh :cool:

I still like that Grand Canyon though. I've told the dealer to contact me if it still hasn't sold by June :D.........:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back