funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not too deep this time but a bit wet all the same and a shame for the staff as there will be cleaning up to do.
IMG_3352.jpeg
IMG_3353.jpeg

You can still get into the site but not via Gravel hill that we usually use so you have to go the long way around (only a mile) but you have to walk that way as well, might be back down tomorrow 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Happens nearly every year as you know funflair Martin, are you there at an event?I see vans in the back ground.
I didnt think we were speaking to the new showground management, or vice versa these days.
Bloomin shame miss all our meets there.
LES

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Happens nearly every year as you know funflair Martin, are you there at an event?I see vans in the back ground.
I didnt think we were speaking to the new showground management, or vice versa these days.
LES
Just a couple of us here but booked via pitch up😧 the manager is the same and Sue that runs the camping is lovely, we can still have rallies here and may well do something next year 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
We should have been there this week. Were phoned on Thursday morning to explain so we had to look elsewhere. It’s the 3rd time in 4 years this has happened to us, always same week in October. Love the site and always helpful. Will try next year.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Shame was looking at a mini meet there this weekend to do a bit of fishing ourselves but decided with the biblical rains we had last week it would have been a no go . They do have some fantastic volunteers to help with clear ups and their charity shops are still collecting stuff for sale which we donate to regularly

We maybe looking at doing meet ups there in the future to .. 😉
Bill

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
So Martin, an impromptu water meet, all you need is Lenny with his paddle board. We had to divert away, ended up on the Morris leisure site by the park and ride. Always have good times there and the staff are excellent. Been to some of the best Funster meets there

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So Martin, an impromptu water meet, all you need is Lenny with his paddle board. We had to divert away, ended up on the Morris leisure site by the park and ride. Always have good times there and the staff are excellent. Been to some of the best Funster meets there
Bit of a long trek, currently sitting in a beach bar in Portugal.
A pic of Mi is easier on the eyes than me.

IMG_20241019_131241_copy_1228x1638.jpg

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have the canoe in so just pop down and you can have a go😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
LES
Happens more than once a year to be fair.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
I was at School in Shrewsbury nearly 50 years ago.
Flooding is not new. It's a regular thing, certainly since the early 70s to my knowledge, but seeing the Severn in flood is pretty alarming.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Happens more than once a year to be fair.
It does but October is not usual. Rain lately has been ridiculous but it would help if Severn Trent stopped dumping sewage in it and somebody did something about dredging it. Meanwhile Shropshire Council are busy vandalising the shopping centres they bought with our money :mad:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Did the river overflow or is that just rainwater?
It’s a bit difficult to say really, when we arrived Sue said that the water in front of their building was rainwater so likewise I guess on the road but it’s difficult to work out was is rainwater runoff and what is coming back up drains and ditches from the river, yesterday it looked like it might have breached the banks at the lowest point near the little beach area, all going down now anyway 👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
It does but October is not usual. Rain lately has been ridiculous but it would help if Severn Trent stopped dumping sewage in it and somebody did something about dredging it. Meanwhile Shropshire Council are busy vandalising the shopping centres they bought with our money :mad:
Couldn’t agree more about the shopping centres and yes, get the bloody dredgers out working, it would make a massive difference, not just here but all over the country.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Storm Ashley won't help.:doh:
It's dropped about a metre here and it's falling further upstream as well so all good for now, re dredging etc I guess it's a bit of a juggle as dredging one area to let the water through just sends it downstream even quicker and floods somewhere that didn't flood before, we all know that the showground is on a flood plane and will be sacrificed to protect other areas and yes it happens a couple of times a year at least, funnily enough we have been here both times this year :unsure:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Not too deep this time but a bit wet all the same and a shame for the staff as there will be cleaning up to do.
View attachment 967287View attachment 967288

You can still get into the site but not via Gravel hill that we usually use so you have to go the long way around (only a mile) but you have to walk that way as well, might be back down tomorrow 👍
We've got a flood plain here at Welshpool which is about 20miles upstream of Shrewsbury which helps protect Shrewsbury. The A490 which runs past the airport was under 4 ft of water on Thursday and Friday which eventually works its way downstream. A couple of miles downstream the river Vernwy joins the Severn which doesn't help anyone. It's raining steadily here at the moment but it has to stop in a couple of hours. The Severn here has dropped to it's normal winter level so it's all down to what happens upstream from here (y)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
The river has breached downstream from Shrewsbury here in Bridgnorth but not massively.

Many years ago, there was talk about dredging the Severn to allow boats to operate again but the fishermen complained. Nothing heard since. 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We've got a flood plain here at Welshpool which is about 20miles upstream of Shrewsbury which helps protect Shrewsbury. The A490 which runs past the airport was under 4 ft of water on Thursday and Friday which eventually works its way downstream. A couple of miles downstream the river Vernwy joins the Severn which doesn't help anyone. It's raining steadily here at the moment but it has to stop in a couple of hours. The Severn here has dropped to it's normal winter level so it's all down to what happens upstream from here (y)
I have been watching the monitor levels at Crewgreen where the Verny joins the Severn and the Welsh bridge Shrewsbury, and of course out of our window :LOL: I think they say it's about 24 hours for a change at Crewgreen to start affecting Shrewsbury.

DT

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Bit of a long trek, currently sitting in a beach bar in Portugal.
A pic of Mi is easier on the eyes than me.

View attachment 967317
Thats nice, us men sometimes don't appreciate how lucky we are.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Since 2004
I think it's possibly just me Les. I got very short shrift from the incumbent manager when I rang earlier last year. Good that Martin funflair and co are still able to use it.

POH

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
going to morris leisure tomorrow I hope everything is OK there ??? 🙏

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think it's possibly just me Les. I got very short shrift from the incumbent manager when I rang earlier last year. Good that Martin funflair and co are still able to use it.
Just booked through Pitch-Up for two vans Robin but my understanding is that we would be welcome back if we want to organise a get together, pity the vintage doesn't happen anymore as that was my favourite, don't really want to use the room so that might be one complication out of the way ;)

Nothing happening this year now for sure but will see what next year brings.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
They dont really want the hassle of managing small bookings, ( they used to do it for a few of us as a favour for the times we bought big groups in but times have changed. ASFAIK they still welcome rallys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back