Seven Euros to enter the EU from May 2025 (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Its very reasonable is 7 quid if it keeps out terrorists and other undesirables.
Didn't they say the 2016 disaster was meant to do that? I'm sure they said less immigrants , pots of gold and other stuff too mind you.

Can't remember any mention of having finger prints taken to go on holiday though .

I hope they provide wet wipes

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
UK passports have been fully biometric for over 15 years...
Yes but contain no fingerprints ,whereas eu ID cards contain them
in rather than the massive queues on the way out
We will still be in them as the Uk is unlikely to have queues for those who it does not affect & ,even if they did, the boat still has to wait for the others
But you can see how it'll be less bad once fingerprints taken first time,
No I can't? It will always be a shambles for many years. + You have to factor in the British hatred of ID cards,which is what fingerprints mean,& the fact that they will be allowing gov.uk access to them. & I can certainly understand why.
I personally would not want gov.uk having access to my fingerprints.you never know who & what they will do with them or who will end up with them?
So I can see it kicking off on a regular basis every day.
+ you will have the ones who are completely oblivious to the new rules & refuse to be fingerprinted . It will be like the magic roundabout.
and the finger prints scanners hate people with a history of eczema.
or anyone who has recently used silicon:rolleyes:
Funnily enough the US are not as liberal about those as in UK. Face coverings off for the US border is the rule.
should be no different exiting the UK? If I saw anything like that happening even I'd be kicking off.
so factor that in to your journeys.
you can't as we will still be stuck behind people needing to be printed
The UK governments have known about the implementation of the rules for over a decade (we even voted them in, as members of the EU)
Yes but as you state they were in the EU then & it didn't affect the 70+million in the UK:
So, knowing this was going to happen, and in fact should have already happened,
Having exited eu it now does & there is no facility able to cope at ports like Dover
No provision has been made.
Because they never assumed it would apply to UK citizens & would not have voted for it if they thought it would
So my idea of a concession of hundreds of pay-to-use toilets and
They will just use the roadside as they do now when traffic is backed up & I'm walking the dog in the outside lane.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back