Rally [Sep 25, 2015] 26 - 27 Sept 2015 Pembery Country Park (Pembrey Country Park) (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Yup:)

@chrisboyo Will there be a social gathering point this year?
Yes Phil there will be gathering point, we should have some shelters if needed, and like last year we will make a space in the middle of our area to 'gather' :cheers:.

Also trying to make arrangements to watch the match on Saturday evening for those so inclined. :)

Anyone coming from the East on the M4 that may need LPG there is a filling point not far off Junction 43 at the following location
N51° 48' 14.81" W3° 50' 30.36"
When last there they charged 51p ltr. (y)
Avoid going to the Texaco in Llanelli he is a robbing barsteward last time there it was 93p ltr :Eeek:

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Will anyone take pity on a poor Funster ?
Suffering as I am from motorhome deprivation and wanting, no, needing, a Funster Freakout weekend I am asking if anyone has a small tent that I could set up in there awning for the weekend.
I was thinking of commuting from home but that means I would miss out on all the fun
Happy Daze ???

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Also trying to make arrangements to watch the match on Saturday evening for those so inclined. :)
Cheers

That would be great if possible to watch it together. One of us is English, the other Scottish but supports Wales (as we live here & 2 of our children are Welsh.... Well that's a good enough reason isn't it?so can't be missing this match (y)

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Suffering as I am from motorhome deprivation and wanting, no, needing, a Funster Freakout weekend I am asking if anyone has a small tent that I could set up in there awning for the weekend.
I was thinking of commuting from home but that means I would miss out on all the fun
Happy Daze ???

Well we have a 3 man tent which you are welcome to borrow but maybe too big???... No awning though.

Someone take pity, you can't be travelling from Newport that's NO FUN :unsure:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Happy Daze ???
If you are serious i will bring my small tent and i have a blow up awning, not sure if the tent will fit in the awning. but if not your welcome to have the luton bed. as i will be in the other end.
Steve

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Happy Daze ???

Chris, we are having to leave the Moho first thing Saturday morning to go to Plymouth, not coming back til Sunday afternoon. You are welcome to stay in our Moho then if you want?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Going to have to restock with alcohol on way to Burry Port, we slightly under estimated the Funsters capacity for alcohol of any type barring cough medicine, though one bottle did come close to it.:)
Guess whose doing a forward party reconnoiter at this very moment in the Cornish Arms!!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Scallops starter, and had the red mullet for mains, very nice but a tad too much added salt for me, it was still nice, didn't tell them not to so my own fault, so just ask for no salt. Landlords a nice guy, pleasant ambience and a nice place.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
DABHAND there is something fishy about you ,you cod have had the welsh lamb your in the right plaice and that yes the landlord is a nice guy and that you did not trout at him, I hope you have a whale of a time and go back to staffs with the crabs , in pembrey you can get on your pike and ride around it's flat ,you may think I'm talking a load of scallops lol still lol ray xx

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
MOUSY what a FUNSTER a heart of gold a big CWTCH is awaiting you in Pembrey lol still lol ray xxxxxxxxxxx

Kae Otic

Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Newtown, Powys, Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta 2007
Exp
4 Months
We can only attend for the Friday & Saturday, but sounds like you will have worn us out by then, so it is probably a good thing!

Kae Otic

Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Newtown, Powys, Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta 2007
Exp
4 Months
Just a question - is there ehu etc on site please, and is it the Caravan Club site or the family site within the park? Many thanks.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Broken Link Removed is a link to the park map.
There is no hookup in the Funster allocated area however there are EHU in another part of the Family Camping.
The CC site is outside the park on the perimeter, we are pitched near the number 12 on the map. (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
  • There is no postcode on that link. Can someone text it to me please as internet connection mY go off. Thank you.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi its the park campsite not the cc one as you drive up you will see cc entrance on you r rhs . You need the entrance straight ahead and I think I read ehc is available
not sure if you book through site or fun
at the start of this thread ithink theres a tel no for site . Hope this helps .

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
There is no EHU on the rally field, £10 per night which is inside the country park
You drive past the CC site into the country park, go straight ahead until you get to the 2nd right turn and you will see the camping areas
There is EHU on the general camping area and these have to be booked in advance direct with the site but as this is a very popular show weekend I would think that they would be all booked up by now £18 per night
Happy Daze

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Thank you for your most generous offers of accommodation,
The house management has decided that tenting is pushing a little too far at our age and as we also want to bring our little dog with us, we will be visiting on Saturday for the day.
Thank you all once again for your most kind offers
True Funsters all
Chrisboyo N Liz

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Arrival Information and More

Please do not arrive before midday on Friday, Thanks

Directions:
The Post Code is SA16 0EJ
The co-ords are N51 40' 57" W04 18' 38"
Or even 51.681471 - 4.310462

If you are approaching from the East leave the M4 at Junction 48 and follow the brown signs with the park logo or the race circuit logo through Llanelli and Bury Port into Pembrey (about 10 miles), turn left into the signed park approach road before reaching the race circuit.If you are arriving from the West, coming from the Carmarthen Road, enter Pembrey go past the speed camera and the approach road to the park is signed on the right.

Site map link Broken Link Removed , we are at the point marked 12

At the Park Entry Gate tell the gate person you are with the Motorhome Fun Rally, he or she will let you in without charge, carry straight on after the gate passing the Reception Wooden Hut on your right, then turn right into the camping area now passing the Restaurant / Bar on your right
Enter the camping area barrier follow the road round to the right to the Funster area which is on the left just after the Toilet Block ,Elsan and Waste collection point.
Remember if you arrive after 16:15 you will need to pay £2 at the automatic park entry barrier.The camping area gates are closed between 9pm and 10am.

Please bring your pitch fee which is £10 a night in an envelope with your Names, Vehicle Reg and Funster Name written on the front.

Park Barrier Passes are available at the Reception Hut for free but with a £20 deposit.

There are showers available near the Restaurant.

Do bring your bikes with you, this is an excellent area for road free cycling, with plenty of watering holes along the 12 miles of coastal track.

We have secured the use of two 9x3m gazebo type shelters for the weekend (y)

There will probably be a bike ride out on Saturday Morning 11 ish going to Burry Port and beyond for the fit folk. There is a large carboot sale in Burry Port on Saturday morning.

If folks are up for it we can have an American Supper on Saturday evening at around 5 ish
( For all those who have not done one of these, everyone just brings along a plate of food of their choice, puts it on the table and all get to share)
Bring along your fav tipple and a chair and table if you have one, chill out and get to know each other.

Later on Saturday night there is a minor rugby match on ;) and Larry (formally known as Lanny) has kindly offered to provide a 40” telly for those interested to watch it. It will be outside Lennys' little van at 8pm.

Please do not feel you are obligated to join in with anything, the whole object is to enjoy your weekend.

We are really looking forward to meeting you all, and at the moment the weather forecast is great :)

Cheers

Ed and Shirley
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back