Seeking Previous Owner of T88HYM (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Have you tried asking on here as somebody else may have the exact same extra and be able to help you.
I have thanks but I feel a bit daft keep asking the same questions. I've already asked about the previous owner but it was a while ago when we first bought it.
On that note what is this supposed to connect to???? :roflmto: I know it's a tyre pressure sensor repeater.......

20220515_174038.jpg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have thanks but I feel a bit daft keep asking the same questions. I've already asked about the previous owner but it was a while ago when we first bought it.
On that note what is this supposed to connect to???? :roflmto: I know it's a tyre pressure sensor repeater.......

View attachment 878172
If it is a tyre pressure sensor repeater all it does is "amplify" the signal from fitted sensors that are too far from the tyre pressure monitor (usually mounted on the dashboard) to register.
The cable is, probably, the power supply for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
If it is a tyre pressure sensor repeater all it does is "amplify" the signal from fitted sensors that are too far from the tyre pressure monitor (usually mounted on the dashboard) to register.
The cable is, probably, the power supply for it.
I know it's a Bluetooth repeater & it works but it must connect to some sort of display to show the tyre pressures.
Just one of many questions I have 🤣🤣

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I know it's a Bluetooth repeater & it works but it must connect to some sort of display to show the tyre pressures.
Just one of many questions I have 🤣🤣
Correct, the system requires a monitor to display the pressures.

Does the repeater have a maker / model number on it as you may be able to purchase a monitor if it's missing.

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
There is a way to find the previous owner via the MOT website on the DVLA system.
If you have your V5C and find the 11 digit number. And the registration number.

First put your reg in, it shows the current MOT status.
On this page you can ask where it was MOTd
You put the 11 digit number in from your V5C and the details of the MOT station comes up.

You contact the station and ask them if they would be kind enough to contact the person who booked the MOT and ask them if they would call you. Giving them a really good reason why. Because they are not giving date protection away, just calling the previous owner and asking them if they would call you they are not breaking any laws.

If the previous owner decides not to call you, that’s their choice. I would if the reason is fair.

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
There is a way to find the previous owner via the MOT website on the DVLA system.
If you have your V5C and find the 11 digit number. And the registration number.

First put your reg in, it shows the current MOT status.
On this page you can ask where it was MOTd
You put the 11 digit number in from your V5C and the details of the MOT station comes up.

You contact the station and ask them if they would be kind enough to contact the person who booked the MOT and ask them if they would call you. Giving them a really good reason why. Because they are not giving date protection away, just calling the previous owner and asking them if they would call you they are not breaking any laws.

If the previous owner decides not to call you, that’s their choice. I would if the reason is fair.
Good idea. I'll try that although it was 6 years ago. I completely understand if they didn't want to for any reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!

Does the repeater have a maker / model number on it as you may be able to purchase a monitor if it's missing.
No make I'm afraid, someone suggested it may be a Tyrepal but I contacted them & it isn't.

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S

If no monitor fitted it could be a phone app, there are lots of them.
Presuming you can see a bluetooth signal to say you know it's working.
"Reverse search" drop image of blue thing into google/lens and it will return images of what it thinks it is.
I go no match.

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Tymate similar blue repeater, but 1 antenna today.

Alternative just fit another set, I have these and they work fine.
Monitor on screen does not interfere with Remus blinds if you have them, we not in our Ducato based Kon-Tiki 599

Sorry US Amazon links, we're in our Van in a field in Van Texas.

Last edited:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
What is a reverse search please?

Take a picture of the number plate. Go to Google and look to the right on the search bar. Click on the icon that's for Search By Image. Add your image, then click on search :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back