Seeking Previous Owner of T88HYM (1 Viewer)

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Just a quick question but does any one recognise this reg?
T88HYM
I'm trying to get in touch with the original owner.

cheers
Chris

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
used to be able to get the info from dvla, think you filled in a form and paid Ā£5, i did for my zephyr 20 years ago and got all previous owners

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If youā€™re looking to find personal information about the owner of a vehicle, youā€™ll need to contact the DVLA directly. You can fill out a V888 form to request this information.

Only the DVLA will be able to provide the names or addresses of previous keepers of a vehicle.

Youā€™ll also need to prove that you have an adequate reason for accessing this information before youā€™ll be given any private details

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Have you not been given the MOT certificate? Or was it redone before being sold to you. If you have the last that the owner had done, they will give you the garage and you can possibly work from there.

Although thinking about it, it depends on how may owners it has had. If that say half a dozen and you are looking for the first owner, it gets more difficult.

I am fairly sure I have seen that registration while marshalling but have no idea when or who. We have to destroy attendee lists to comply with GDPR.

IF you are still able to edit your original post, it would be helpful to get the registration in the title. Many Funsters just run down the list of posts and do not look in them if of no apparent interest. If the list showed 'T88HYM Was this yours!' or similar it immediately grabs the eye of the skimmer!

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
As andyman says you can enter the 11 digit number on the official .gov site.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
T88HYM is going to be a personal plate so chances are it was added by a subsequent owner, not the original.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
May be a mad idea but can you take a photo of the number plate and do a reverse search for it as a picture in Google? If the previous owners have posted pictures of it, AI might pick it up. Maybe not....but worth a try :)

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
T88HYM is going to be a personal plate so chances are it was added by a subsequent owner, not the original.
Apparently it has been on it since it was new - we couldn't find a previous reg for it.

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Sorry everyone I should have mentioned it has had 2 previous owners & I contacted the last one but they only had it a year & didn't know anything about the things that had been done to it.
I'm really after the original owner that had it from new

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
I have an app that gives previous mots but that only gives a test station number & I couldn't even find the area from that.
If you can get MOT Station number the link below gives you a file of all active MOT Stations including station number
& full address.

Out of interest what is the App, the 2 I have only give MOT certificate number.

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
If you can get MOT Station number the link below gives you a file of all active MOT Stations including station number
& full address.

My 'Vehicle Smart' app shows the MOT certificate number.

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
agh 0k. Just thinking of you could ask the garage to pass your number/email on
I did try getting in touch with the dealer who sold it for them but as it was a few years ago they had destroyed the records for data protection.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
& full address.

The govenment one. Just Google MOT check and look or the gov.uk site. Gives MOT history, you only need the registration number.

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
The govenment one. Just Google MOT check and look or the gov.uk site. Gives MOT history, you only need the registration number.
Not quite, but noticed there is a drop down for "View test location", highlighted yellow.
No idea if putting current V5C get you location for 1st MOT though.
Baby steps...
Screenshot 2024-03-21 18.37.53.png

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I did try getting in touch with the dealer who sold it for them but as it was a few years ago they had destroyed the records for data protection.
You maybe looking for someone who has died and the family disposed of the vehicle.

I'm not sure if I'd be too pleased if some stranger tracked me down to ask about the van .

I'm pleased the dealer followed the regulations.there were loads of docs with my van some with names and addresses I would never dream of contacting them

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
You maybe looking for someone who has died and the family disposed of the vehicle.

I'm not sure if I'd be too pleased if some stranger tracked me down to ask about the van .

I'm pleased the dealer followed the regulations.there were loads of docs with my van some with names and addresses I would never dream of contacting them
It was obviously someone's pride & joy and they did a lot of miles in it and also had a lot of extras fitted. I am only trying to find out how a couple of them work.

Reactions: HKF

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back