Mar

Rally Rum, Gin, and more Gin. 10th - 12th March 2023 (1 Viewer)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Quackers added a new event:

Gin, gin & more gin. 10th - 12th March 2023

Calling all gin lovers!

On Saturday 11th March 2023 we're taking our motorhomes and heading to Gin Jamboree in Tittensor, Staffordshire where we get to spend the day drinking gin, making gin and eating the included lunch šŸ˜‹ We will then stay overnight on site. (No EHU) We're also trying to arrange to meet up at a site a few miles away on the Friday night for those who want to. More details and additional campsite cost on Friday will follow as soon as we have confirmed numbers.

For...

Read more about this event...

List attending

Quackers (Gin 1)
Lunar Man (Gin 1)
Peregrinator (Gin 2)
Taran-Las (Gin 1)
Riverbankannie (Gin 1)
John n Jinny (Gin 1)

Three Gin places available.

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I'll be doing my own gin gin and more gin on the 21st & 22nd of march šŸ˜.
But good luck on your meet. šŸ„› Chin chin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We need at least one more to make this happen.

You get to spend all day making and tasting gin, you can take a bottle of what you made home. Includes a meal and overnight parking at the gin school. You get to meet and participate with a great bunch of Funsters.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Bump

We need at least one more to make this happen.

You get to spend all day making and tasting gin, you can take a bottle of what you made home. Includes a meal and overnight parking at the gin school. You get to meet and participate with a great bunch of Funsters.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We seem to have a lack on interest for this adventure, we could do with one more Funster to partner up with Taran_Las, any takers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mrs Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
I would definitely encourage anyone who really enjoys their gin and would like to try actually distilling their own choosing their own botanical and creating a unique flavour to give this a go. Its a fascinating experience!

At first glance it may sound expensive, but it includes a couple of g & ts to help the day along, all the materials, equipment and expert tuition to produce 1/2 a bottle of gin each to take away and lunch. With overnight camping on the Saturday also included it would be great to make this a funsters only day and into the evening šŸ˜Š

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
I would definitely encourage anyone who really enjoys their gin and would like to try actually distilling their own choosing their own botanical and creating a unique flavour to give this a go. Its a fascinating experience!

At first glance it may sound expensive, but it includes a couple of g & ts to help the day along, all the materials, equipment and expert tuition to produce 1/2 a bottle of gin each to take away and lunch. With overnight camping on the Saturday also included it would be great to make this a funsters only day and into the evening šŸ˜Š
Couple? I think it was more like 6 or 8, and they were not small, still don't think Olivia can remember how she got home, it was a great evening.

Mrs Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Couple? I think it was more like 6 or 8, and they were not small, still don't think Olivia can remember how she got home, it was a great evening.
Hmmm - now you come to mention it.....!!!! Maybe I can't remember the tasting too clearly either :LOL::drinks:

The actual blurb says:
'We like to start the experience in the best way, with a G&T in hand. Once seated, youā€™ll begin learning how this wonderful spirit came to be the quintessential British classic it is today. Tasting your way through history and the different styles of gin; itā€™s the best sort of history lesson!'

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
John says heā€™s in. ! So we are up for it. I suggested that I do the gin bit and he has the lunch but that didnā€™t go down too well! So I guess he gets both bits while I look after Rosie ā˜¹ļø

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Little furry things not on the horizon yet! She is over a month overdue her season!

Mrs Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
John says heā€™s in. ! So we are up for it. I suggested that I do the gin bit and he has the lunch but that didnā€™t go down too well! So I guess he gets both bits while I look after Rosie ā˜¹ļø
or you leave Rosie with Brian & John & you both do gin - all we have to do then is find a partner for Phil - who's up for that? :giggle:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
or you leave Rosie with Brian & John & you both do gin - all we have to do then is find a partner for Phil - who's up for that? :giggle:
Well, we cannot really say how Rosie will be. We have a dad lined up so 8 week pregnancy from any day. Donā€™t want to commit both of us, otherwise of course up for it. Rosie might not be able to travel, that was reason for not committing earlier.

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Hmmm - now you come to mention it.....!!!! Maybe I can't remember the tasting too clearly either :LOL::drinks:

The actual blurb says:
'We like to start the experience in the best way, with a G&T in hand. Once seated, youā€™ll begin learning how this wonderful spirit came to be the quintessential British classic it is today. Tasting your way through history and the different styles of gin; itā€™s the best sort of history lesson!'
šŸ„ƒšŸ„“

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Can we have a quick shout out for attendees, who wants to meet up at a Local to the Gin school campsite on the Friday night so we can get it booked up. ::bigsmile:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Can we have a quick shout out for attendees, who wants to meet up at a Local to the Gin school campsite on the Friday night so we can get it booked up. ::bigsmile:
Thats a yes from us.

Feb 20, 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 599 sport
Exp
Im a newbie
Jinny says shes up for a session on the Gin .I would only want the meal .Have you found somewhere for the Fri night yet ,???

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
John n Jinny welcome to the Gin Club. We have several local places in mind for the Friday but we are waiting to confirm numbers before final decision. Mrs Quackers will be in touch shortly to get you booked in.

Feb 20, 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 599 sport
Exp
Im a newbie
Ok ,we only live about 10 mins from there .Although any excuse give the van a run .Awaiting instructions FAB Virgil .

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
We are interested,and it would be both of us and the campsite to follow

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
panda great news, you will have a fantastic time. We are meeting up on the Friday at a local campsite/pubstop, then heading to the gin school on Saturday and staying at the gin school Saturday evening. Will send you a PM this evening with details on how to book.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Ok ,we only live about 10 mins from there .Although any excuse give the van a run .Awaiting instructions FAB Virgil .
Do you have room on your drive for a few motorhomes? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Will send you a list of our overnight Friday suggestions, appreciate your local knowledge.

Are you planning to join us Friday?

Feb 20, 2022
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 599 sport
Exp
Im a newbie
Do you have room on your drive for a few motorhomes? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Will send you a list of our overnight Friday suggestions, appreciate your local knowledge.

Are you planning to join us Friday?
Oh yes even if its the end of our lane .šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ just send a list will go and give them the once over .

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We still have space for one more Gin lover. If you have a partner who hates Gin, they can join later just for the meal at the Gin School, not forgetting the social on Friday Night. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back