Aug

Rally Retro Festival Newbury August 2023 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I posted that because it highlighted that fact that we were possibly on a last warning for the behaviour of some MHF members last year . I am not suggesting for one minute that you were one of the three people that abused a female marshal and I apologise if that’s how it came across.

Alls good, it was a different post that briefly raised my hackles 😉😊

It’s as you said some don’t appreciate what they have in the position at the festival.
But there you go 🙄

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I am only trying to think of a solution Dave . The alternative is MHF not being invited by RVOC to Retrofest next year .
What do you think would be a better solution ?
👍
How do you work out who is VIP thought all funsters were classed the same ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
How do you work out who is VIP thought all funsters were classed the same ?
It’s a difficult situation but it’s clear that Retrofest attracts some chancers who have only joined up to get on the show ground and receive the MHF discount . This situation has been going on for a few years. This year the post was put on a members only link but it appears yet again the marshal teams have had to put up with unnecessary stress and grief . Regular forum members who we know, don’t generally act like children at rallies and be abusive and rude to marshals , because it’s obvious they won’t be invited back .I believe this event should be invite only because that appears to be the only way to keep out people who seem intent on causing problems . 👍
There have been invite only Rallies arranged before on MHF 👍

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
Absolutely. I hope you’re having a fantastic time there guys 👍

Thanks. It's been great so far, again.

We're keen to become more involved in the group, but being that we both have our own businesses and our son is still in education, we're always busy.

We've spoken to a few people this weekend which has been nice, and also had a few people completely ignore me as I've said hello as we've passed, which isn't the best...

Entirety possible I've spoken quietly to people who's hearing isn't great of course. Lucky I'm a big boy and that doesn't bother me, but I could understand how some people don't find it welcoming, and I'm concerned they might not be invited just because they haven't gotten involved in the group, even though they've tried. Need to be careful about that, the club will be the same few people sat in a field...

I will finish saying that anybody that moans about our position or facilities, because they didn't read the threads and emails needs to be pointed back at the same and asked to reconsider. And asked if they'd like to apologise to the people who go out of their way to organise all this. If not, it's quite clear they won't be here next year, be that their choice or yours.

Anyway, Louise is snoring and I've run out of wine, so, good night!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It’s a difficult situation but it’s clear that Retrofest attracts some chancers who have only joined up to get on the show ground and receive the MHF discount

I’m intrigued now, are you saying people join Moho Fun to get a discount to Retro Festival?

Seems a lot of work to get a few quid off for a festival.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I’m intrigued now, are you saying people join Moho Fun to get a discount to Retro Festival?

Seems a lot of work to get a few quid off for a festival.
They did when the thread was public and we had people on the MHF rally area in 2021 that didn’t even know these forums existed. I asked our neighbours their MHF forum name and received a confused and glazed look .
This year the thread was visitor paid members only , but it seems the problems continued. Make of that what you will . It’s not only about the discount . It’s all also about the location and being inside the show ground .

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Hope you guys are back home safely 👍
I don't really want to get embroiled in this tonight as I have had a brilliant night and fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view I've had a few drinks😉 but what I will say is thanks to all Marshall's that give up their time to help and facilitate others pleasure ( I have been there as a novice)
Awesome Like It GIF by Tommy Toskonaut

Back to tonight, before I " tuned in" to recent events I said to Mrs Barsteward I would have been happy to pay the price for a tkt for the Edwin Starr band show alone never mind the cost of a full weekend.
So Sad.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
They did when the thread was public and we had people on the MHF rally area in 2021 that didn’t even know these forums existed. I asked our neighbours their MHF forum name and received a confused and glazed look .
This year the thread was visitor paid members only , but it seems the problems continued. Make of that what you will . It’s not only about the discount . It’s all also about the location and being inside the show ground .

It’s surprising what some will do to get a few quid of and a prime position.

But they would only get to do it once so is it worth it 🤷‍♂️

It’s also the first time I’ve heard about issues at Retro.
Why wasn’t something posted up on the forum.
There’s always calls to name and shame iffy traders why not rude members?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm sitting in another Funsters van totally knackered after dancing all evening, Si Cranstoun & Jive Aces excellent as they always are.

Need to get these Funsters trained had to bring me own gin over but there is a bottle of red open for when I've finished my very large gin. :LOL:

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I'm sitting in another Funsters van totally knackered after dancing all evening, Si Cranstoun & Jive Aces excellent as they always are.
Seems like some of us just want to enjoy what's left of life not argue semantics.

And as The Who" sang the minute you're born you start to die":unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back