Aug

Rally Retro Festival Newbury August 2023 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Shame some of those in the funster area don't appreciate what they have.
So disappointed to hear that. We are enjoying ourselves and appreciate all the hard work that goes into setting it up, and the marshalling done by you. Some don’t like the long grass but it doesn’t bother me. In fact, it is better than getting the van filled with grass cuttings.
so, from us, THANK YOU.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
We were in the hanger. No dancing, just drinking and chatting 😎
Ok
Just tell them where they can go next year & see how they like it in general camping.
PXL_20230812_115953066.jpg

Was that you Lenny, Newbury canal earlier today 🤔
Second thoughts, it couldn't possibly have been you their shorts are far to conservative.😉

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Just tell them where they can go next year & see how they like it in general camping.
At the current rate there is a strong probability that would be the only option for all funsters :( I know the RVOC guys are more than miffed, and as fun books as a discount through them we have lost any remaining goodwill.

The level of grief and complaints I have taken this weekend is unacceptable. Too many have booked, don't check the forums and have blindly got a ticket without checking what they actually paid for. The expectation of electric, just because it has always been there for this show (yet not on most funster rally fields), but was not to be there this year (keeping costs down) has caused too much hassle. Add that stewards are having to turn off generators, despite that everyone agreed to terms they could not be used as we are on the showground, and that some want to drive during show hours, and it's too much.

A few really risk it all for the many who do see the benefits of this field and concession to motorhome fun. The problem is they don't regularly visit the fun forums so will remain unaware.

Regular funsters know that marshalls and rally organisers are volunteers. At best we might get a free pitch which hardly recompenses or the overall time involved. The RVOC guys have been setting up since Sunday. It's simply not worth it.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
So sorry to hear this Rob .I am guessing some Funsters have turned up and expected EHU be available and probably didn’t have enough gas for the fridge etc or enough battery capacity to last 3 days. It’s really important to read terms and conditions to these type of events . It’s not like any other fun rally because of the location within the showground . It does sound like the lack of EHU is the main issue but it was made very clear it wasn’t available this year . Even within this thread it is mentioned a few times .
See the screen shots attached .
It also seems MHF may already have been on a last warning at this event after the behaviour of some of our members 😡
IMG_4060.jpeg
IMG_4059.jpeg
IMG_4058.jpeg
IMG_4057.jpeg
IMG_4056.jpeg

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
At the current rate there is a strong probability that would be the only option for all funsters :( I know the RVOC guys are more than miffed, and as fun books as a discount through them we have lost any remaining goodwill.

The level of grief and complaints I have taken this weekend is unacceptable. Too many have booked, don't check the forums and have blindly got a ticket without checking what they actually paid for. The expectation of electric, just because it has always been there for this show (yet not on most funster rally fields), but was not to be there this year (keeping costs down) has caused too much hassle. Add that stewards are having to turn off generators, despite that everyone agreed to terms they could not be used as we are on the showground, and that some want to drive during show hours, and it's too much.

A few really risk it all for the many who do see the benefits of this field and concession to motorhome fun. The problem is they don't regularly visit the fun forums so will remain unaware.

Regular funsters know that marshalls and rally organisers are volunteers. At best we might get a free pitch which hardly recompenses or the overall time involved. The RVOC guys have been setting up since Sunday. It's simply not worth it.

I looked at this thread the other day thinking I could have gone to this rally but then I saw the list of attendees on post #110 and realised I only know around 5-6 of the funsters and not really heard of any of the others, I suppose you only get out what you put in…🤔😎

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I'm not there so cannot comment, except to say I was considering going so have been following the thread, it always has been made clear no ehu and generators not permitted so where confusion remains i wouldn't know.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I looked at this thread the other day thinking I could have gone to this rally but then I saw the list of attendees on post #110 and realised I only know around 5-6 of the funsters and not really heard of any of the others, I suppose you only get out what yoy put in…🤔😎
I know the truth you spotted I would be here. :rofl:

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I looked at this thread the other day thinking I could have gone to this rally but then I saw the list of attendees on post #110 and realised I only know around 5-6 of the funsters and not really heard of any of the others, I suppose you only get out what you put in…🤔😎
Funny you should say that . Most rallies with Fun I know a good few people but Retro seems to have so many people I’ve never heard of within the fun area .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philmc79

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 4, 2018
East Manchester
Funster No
MH
LP Coach Built
Exp
since 2 weeks ago
We in the blue band area with Electric and the gang kids there mum and her in doors are loving it dispite the occasional rain shower and now skint, Jim where do we get the funsters flags from????

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The level of grief and complaints I have taken this weekend is unacceptable. Too many have booked, don't check the forums and have blindly got a ticket without checking what they actually paid for.
Frankly anyone who behaves like that to a rally Marshall should be banned from all Fun rallies & possibly Fun it's self.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Funny you should say that . Most rallies with Fun I know a good few people but Retro seems to have so many people I’ve never heard of within the fun area .
Yep, it would be much nicer if there was just 20 or 30 genuine Funsters without the 30 tagging on for a cheap deal & causing agro.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I only know around 5-6 of the funsters and not really heard of any of the others,
With a rally like this, does it really matter? It is the stands, exhibits music etc. which is the rally. Even if I knew everybody my time would be spent at the show. It is an expensive rally to spend the time sitting around the van Rather than experiencing the show.
The worst thing is that fun’s reputation has been tarnished this year by people who can’t read. Thereby spoiling it for everybody.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
We in the blue band area with Electric and the gang kids there mum and her in doors are loving it dispite the occasional rain shower and now skint, Jim where do we get the funsters flags from????
I don't have anything with me, as I was last minute cover. Stickers and stuff are usually available at the Tea tent at Warners shows like Malvern and Lincoln.

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
Well me and misses are enjoying it, very impressed with four different locations to listen music / bands and easy to keep going round in a type of circuit for variety, only downside is my wife loves dancing and I can’t so look a right prat trying 🤣.
I’m fretting Dance lessons tomorrow 😬
Also Thanks to rob for helpfulness and doing a great job 👏

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012

All too often in this hobby the few ruin it for the majority. Really hope this regretful situation isn't going to be another.The conditions of entry were very clear.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
So sorry to hear this Rob .I am guessing some Funsters have turned up and expected EHU be available and probably didn’t have enough gas for the fridge etc or enough battery capacity to last 3 days. It’s really important to read terms and conditions to these type of events . It’s not like any other fun rally because of the location within the showground . It does sound like the lack of EHU is the main issue but it was made very clear it wasn’t available this year . Even within this thread it is mentioned a few times .
See the screen shots attached .
It also seems MHF may already have been on a last warning at this event after the behaviour of some of our members 😡
View attachment 794127View attachment 794128View attachment 794129View attachment 794130View attachment 794131

The posts above unfortunately don’t tell the complete story.

This is the problem when posts are cherry picked it’s doesn’t give a balanced view 🤷‍♂️

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The posts above unfortunately don’t tell the complete story.

This is the problem when posts are cherry picked it’s doesn’t give a balanced view 🤷‍♂️
I don’t understand your point. Rob had many people asking him why there wasn’t any EHU this year when they arrived at the festival. I have highlighted this by posting the comments that confirmed on multiple occasions that EHU would not be available. adi4 also made it quite clear that MHF wouldn’t be welcomed back again if the members can’t be polite and sensible. It appears that yet again some people need to learn how to be nice !

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I don’t understand your point. Rob had many people asking him why there wasn’t any EHU this year when they arrived at the festival. I have highlighted this by posting the comments that confirmed on multiple occasions that EHU would not be available. adi4 also made it quite clear that MHF wouldn’t be welcomed back again if the members can’t be polite and sensible. It appears that yet again some people need to learn how to be nice !

Some of my post lifted was part of a conversation I had with adi.

But yes I agree it was obvious there was no hook up.

I also posted that abusing a Marshal, male or female, just isn’t on and IMHO the abuser/s should be prevented from attending the festival.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Some of my post lifted was part of a conversation I had with adi.

But yes I agree it was obvious there was no hook up.

I also posted that abusing a Marshal, male or female, just isn’t on and IMHO the abuser/s should be prevented from attending the festival.
I posted that because it highlighted that fact that we were possibly on a last warning for the behaviour of some MHF members last year . I am not suggesting for one minute that you were one of the three people that abused a female marshal and I apologise if that’s how it came across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back