Renault Master 2016 Ex-Ambulance Van Renovation (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks sir
Here as promised is some photos you will have to ignore the mess we are just getting it ready for next month's outing.
PXL_20240820_153908757.jpg

Daytime
PXL_20240820_153926855.jpg

Slats pulled out for night
PXL_20240820_153948383.jpg

Bed set up , just roll out the bed clothes.
PXL_20240820_154024801.jpg

Looking from rear
PXL_20240820_154031183.jpg

Electrics

PXL_20240820_154123980.jpg
Cooker and sink

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
All euro 5 vans had to be registered by September 2016. Renault had hundreds of euro 5 vans pre registered at the end of 2016. I bought one in December 2016 with 16 miles on the clock for Ā£6750 + vat. Sold it 6 year later for Ā£5700.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks for taking the time to post itā€™s nice to see the same type of van the way you have used stuff I didnā€™t think of a shower is the pressure good
Near enough same as in the house but have to conserve water so a quick shower ,soap up and shower off.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks for taking the time to post itā€™s nice to see the same type of van the way you have used stuff I didnā€™t think of a shower is the pressure good
Shower toilet was the main thing , first thing in and everything else fitted round it.
No way I would have a van without one. šŸ‘

Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Hello group

New member here today stubbled across the group from reading people blogs

Just won my first van at auction due to
Collect on Friday itā€™s a Renault Master 2016 Ex Ambulance patient transfer vehicle

If any one has any suggestions regarding if I can keep all wall panels and the installed floor and cover it from there with vinyl or stretch fabric
That you may have used would be great to hear from you

The main thing Iā€™ve been trying to find on the internet is plans for a full pod install potential with the sizes I know itā€™s a long shot and I have seen some being sold on Etsy but not for my model

Iā€™ll try to attach a screen grab of the layout option Iā€™m hoping to achieve

Have been told itā€™s being decommissioned before my collection

Veichle details below

• Year: 2016 | Reg: 65
  • Mileage: 173,700 miles
  • Fuel Type: Diesel
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Colour: Yellow
  • Number of Seats: 7
  • Seller: Health Authority
  • V5 Documents: Yes
  • Previous Owners (as log book): 1
Extras: Air Conditioning, Night Heater, Six Speed Gearbox, Access Ramp, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Locking, Side Door, CD Player, Power Steering, EM/Light / Airbag Light On, Reversing Lights Stay OnView attachment 935682View attachment 935680

View attachment 935679
Welcome and good luck with the build.
That van was converted by Blue Light Services, the AMF ramp, the 2 Intap seats, the flip up and tip and turn have got some value, Iā€™d look at selling them on eBay or similar. I wouldnā€™t expect much in the way of insulation behind the panels. The floor will be plywood overlaid with vinyl and the rails are held down with mate bolts, try and leave that if you can otherwise youā€™ll be left with a fair few holes to fill. I take it that decommissioning before collection is removal of the blue lights, sirens and maybe the Battenberg decals? How are you getting on with the oil/water leak?

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Welcome and good luck with the build.
That van was converted by Blue Light Services, the AMF ramp, the 2 Intap seats, the flip up and tip and turn have got some value, Iā€™d look at selling them on eBay or similar. I wouldnā€™t expect much in the way of insulation behind the panels. The floor will be plywood overlaid with vinyl and the rails are held down with mate bolts, try and leave that if you can otherwise youā€™ll be left with a fair few holes to fill. I take it that decommissioning before collection is removal of the blue lights, sirens and maybe the Battenberg decals? How are you getting on with the oil/water leak?
Good Morning Blue Moon

Thanks for all that amazing information it was decommissioned pretty crudely and unfortunately lost the rear camera as was in the light bar some pics below

Did you have one like mine ?
Thereā€™s normal house insulation behind the wall panels should I add more I didnā€™t really want to remove the wall panels have some swatches delivered for stretch carpet

Definitely looking to remove the ramp and try to recoup some money to put wards the spray costs were going for Graphene Grey

As for the leak I have the parts they have been posted to a machinc in wales whoā€™s hopefully fitting this week Thursday and weā€™ll look to get it back as soon as possible hopefully not as bad as first thought fingers crossed below is some pictures on collection after decommissioned and a picture of a camper van that Iā€™m basing all
My dreams on letā€™s see how close I can get or if I go bankrupt lol

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for the reply
Any ideas what a ramp like mine should roughly achieve
Ryan

Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Good Morning Blue Moon

Thanks for all that amazing information it was decommissioned pretty crudely and unfortunately lost the rear camera as was in the light bar some pics below

Thereā€™s normal house insulation behind the wall panels should I add more I didnā€™t really want to remove the wall panels have some swatches delivered for stretch carpet

Definitely looking to remove the ramp and try to recoup some money to put wards the spray costs were going for Graphene Grey

As for the leak I have the parts they have been posted to a machinc in wales whoā€™s hopefully fitting this week Thursday and weā€™ll look to get it back as soon as possible hopefully not as bad as first thought fingers crossed below is some pictures on collection after decommissioned and a picture of a camper van that Iā€™m basing all

Ryan
Hi Ryan,

No I havenā€™t got an ex-ambulance Moho. I work in that industry and supply the ramps, seats, flooring etc, I ve done it for over 25 years. The ramp and seats are not going to earn you a fortune but theyā€™ve a value to someone. Plenty of people have done what you are doing and sold these parts on eBay / faceache marketplace etc. Every little šŸ’°helps in a self build Iā€™d guess.

If the lights etc have been removed get some gaffer tape over the holes quickly before water starts to get inside. Theyā€™ll probably have left all the wires dangling, check all relevant fuses have been removed or power supplies at the battery are disconnected before you drive it home.

Are you planning on painting the van another colour or keeping the Ambulance Sulphur Yellow paint scheme? If repainting then thatā€™s the time to get the holes you wonā€™t require filled properly.

Iā€™ve just read my previous post and the floor rails are fixed with mate CSK bolts and penny washers underneath not ā€œmateā€ bolts. If you can leave the rails in, I know they can look a bit unsightly but you can get a rubber infill for them from Stedallā€™s and they are handy for clamping stuff down.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Good Morning Blue Moon

Ryan
Hope all.goes well and you found a reliable fitter to help.you out .keep us update and loads of pics during the conversion

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Hi Ryan,

No I havenā€™t got an ex-ambulance Moho. I work in that industry and supply the ramps, seats, flooring etc, I ve done it for over 25 years. The ramp and seats are not going to earn you a fortune but theyā€™ve a value to someone. Plenty of people have done what you are doing and sold these parts on eBay / faceache marketplace etc. Every little šŸ’°helps in a self build Iā€™d guess.

If the lights etc have been removed get some gaffer tape over the holes quickly before water starts to get inside. Theyā€™ll probably have left all the wires dangling, check all relevant fuses have been removed or power supplies at the battery are disconnected before you drive it home.

Are you planning on painting the van another colour or keeping the Ambulance Sulphur Yellow paint scheme? If repainting then thatā€™s the time to get the holes you wonā€™t require filled properly.

Iā€™ve just read my previous post and the floor rails are fixed with mate CSK bolts and penny washers underneath not ā€œmateā€ bolts. If you can leave the rails in, I know they can look a bit unsightly but you can get a rubber infill for them from Stedallā€™s and they are handy for clamping stuff down.
Weā€™re having it painted tried to
Upload some pictures on my last reply canā€™t figure it out says upload files and doesnā€™t take me to my photo library will work it out and get some pics uploaded just wish it wasnā€™t so far away I could check on it and do bits but Iā€™m in Croydon London and itā€™s I a Carpark on a housing estate in Wales
Powerless anyone in that area fancy a drive to check on her Merthyr Dowlis top ? lol

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Weā€™re having it painted tried to
Upload some pictures on my last reply canā€™t figure it out says upload files and doesnā€™t take me to my photo library will work it out and get some pics uploaded just wish it wasnā€™t so far away I could check on it and do bits but Iā€™m in Croydon London and itā€™s I a Carpark on a housing estate in Wales
Powerless anyone in that area fancy a drive to check on her Merthyr Dowlis top ? lol
I've come home with fridge trouble , where is it ? I'm not that far away. Shame a must have passed it last night on my way home

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
This was it on collection day and the attached pictures are the coulour Iā€™m going for and what I hope it can look like in the end IMG_8390.pngIMG_7904.jpeg

IMG_8394.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Just had a look , it's still there , when I drove around 1st car park I was worried
It's well our of the way in the second :rofl:
When you didnā€™t message I was worried too lol šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Hi all following we left London to
Go wales and collect the ambulance we done the mot in wales and it failed the first one we spent a few more hours there and got it passed jumped on the motorway with fingers and toes crossed 4hrs later weā€™re back in Croydon

Thanks to all messages and to Nanniemate for keeping an eye on it whilst it was left in wales

Iā€™ll post some pics as the renovation goes along

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back