Renault Master 2016 Ex-Ambulance Van Renovation (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
1000012600.gif

Some here are not the most patient :ROFLMAO:
but will try their best to help for sure. Good luck with your project!

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Hey Chaser

Is there anyone that have all the cut sizes for like a pod fit out for furniture that I can just give to a workshop and they cut it all and I would put it together from there?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hey Chaser

Is there anyone that have all the cut sizes for like a pod fit out for furniture that I can just give to a workshop and they cut it all and I would put it together from there?
I suppose there is, but in mine I bought a caravan that had been damaged for £200 and took all the inside stuff out and fixed it in the van, we have a full shower toilet,cooker and fridge , massive bed but we do have to fold it up if we need to sit inside but it is about a minutes job.
My son has a fiat and built his from scratch but still got in it same as me.
We also have a Renault just like yours but the lad that was going to do it has got a bit sidetracked, but he has got a bed and shower in it.
Edit btw we have kept all the original roof cupboards in all three.

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
I suppose there is, but in mine I bought a caravan that had been damaged for £200 and took all the inside stuff out and fixed it in the van, we have a full shower toilet,cooker and fridge , massive bed but we do have to fold it up if we need to sit inside but it is about a minutes job.
My son has a fiat and built his from scratch but still got in it same as me.
We also have a Renault just like yours but the lad that was going to do it has got a bit sidetracked, but he has got a bed and shower in it.
Hmm 🤔 im Open to Ideas hopefully
I get it back home soon

Just found out I didn’t have my notifications 🔔 on my phone now I can see all the replies

Going sleep for few hours below is my ideal outcome let’s cross our fingers and see how far I make it wish me luck
IMG_7511.jpegIMG_7503.pngIMG_7507.jpeg

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Sorry to hear of the hassle you’re having. I know you’ve mentioned there was no warranty, but have you tried the good will approach with the seller. You never know, they might just have an heartbeat. You would have a least expected it to get you home.

There are a couple of Lawyers (I nearly said retired) but like doctors Lawyers never retire. They may just be able to provide a few crumbs of advice. Good Luck whatever you decide.
And don’t forget once you get started on the build, we all love to see lots of piccys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It all happened pretty quickly tbh looked in mirror see smoke pulled over I’d just filled up with diesel as I pulled over the smoke came in the cab after a few hours and moving the van I thought it was a turbo oil pipe that had split so I called around found one in Swindon got my Machanic to drive from London to Swindon and then onto wales when he got there he said it’s not that it’s coming out the head gaskets so it’s currently in a carpark and we’re looking into options to repair up there or recover - no returns sold as seen
Where is it ? There a good van repair place near me ...in Wales

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry to hear of the hassle you’re having. I know you’ve mentioned there was no warranty, but have you tried the good will approach with the seller. You never know, they might just have an heartbeat. You would have a least expected it to get you home.

There are a couple of Lawyers (I nearly said retired) but like doctors Lawyers never retire. They may just be able to provide a few crumbs of advice. Good Luck whatever you decide.
And don’t forget once you get started on the build, we all love to see lots of piccys
nice idea but no chance with Methyr auctions Im afraid

TINY...Tough, Its Now Yours

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
nice idea but no chance with Methyr auctions Im afraid

TINY...Tough, Its Now Yours
No just merthyr all car auctions ate a risk but emergency service vehicles are usually a good bet

There's always an exception unlucky

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am

Thanks for your reply I’m trying to arrange some recovery it was from auction an in big bold letters was sold as seen

Went against my own rules

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
I'm sorry to here about the engine on your van. You sound like a positive person who will endeavour to get it fixed and converted. I look forward to reading your journey. Good luck.

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
I'm sorry to here about the engine on your van. You sound like a positive person who will endeavour to get it fixed and converted. I look forward to reading your journey. Good luck.
Thanks

Im
Newbie if someone can advise if I need
To move the chat somewhere else
As don’t want to post in wrong section it’s just taken a wrong turn pretty quickly but will
Post photos along the way if the blocks not cracked !

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hope it's an easy fix for you they seem to have quite a few listed so it's unlucky to get the dud!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
You could call these guys not sure if they could collect it for you. I wouldn't leave it inattended for too long

Ms Autos Pontypridd accident & repair, mot & service centre https://g.co/kgs/hRFSvuD

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
No just merthyr all car auctions ate a risk but emergency service vehicles are usually a good bet
Only if the emergency service vehicle is being placed in the auction by the actual emergency service ...... Otherwise it should be a red flag ...

Of course it could just be really bad luck, which we all get once in a while ...

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Only if the emergency service vehicle is being placed in the auction by the actual emergency service ...... Otherwise it should be a red flag ...

Of course it could just be really bad luck, which we all get once in a while ...
The auction in merthyr disposes of many emergency vehicles. They are usually leased rhey also move on the disabled/hospital transport

Used vehicles are always a risk . Saying that reading about new vehicles on here that's can also be a gamble

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Hope it's an easy fix for you they seem to have quite a few listed so it's unlucky to get the dud!
You could call these guys not sure if they could collect it for you. I wouldn't leave it inattended for too long

Ms Autos Pontypridd accident & repair, mot & service centre https://g.co/kgs/hRFSvuD
I’ve left a message with a business adjacent to where it is apologising and leaving my name and contact details

But may get in touch with the company in the link just awaiting tommrow to see about a recovery truck thanks everyone will
Keep updated

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am

They have been entered direct and the crazy thing it that it was from Kent and I live in London so poss 40mins away and they shipped
It to wales and now I need to get it almost back
To where it started

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Sorry for your issues and I hope you end up with a good outcome. Plenty of advice on here and you sound like you are very capable. Keep us informed and good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
Suppose 1 questions I have which still
Confuses me is it’s showing as ULEZ compliant but is Euro 5B would it of been exempt as emergency services vehicle and would it lose that status after being sold to public it is a 65 plate 2016 but euro 5b

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I don't know about emergency vehicles ,but probably.
Mine is classed as disabled on v5 and is ulez compliant
2004 Sprinter ex plod.

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
I don't know about emergency vehicles ,but probably.
Mine is classed as disabled on v5 and is ulez compliant
2004 Sprinter ex plod.
Thanks for The reply is the disabled category something you got it or exempt because ex police please ?

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
Suppose 1 questions I have which still
Confuses me is it’s showing as ULEZ compliant but is Euro 5B would it of been exempt as emergency services vehicle and would it lose that status after being sold to public it is a 65 plate 2016 but euro 5b
If it comes up as compliant, thats all you need to know.
Recently my nephew put a private plate on a 04 Caddy van, which was non compliant.
Now, with the plate change, it is.

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
If it comes up as compliant, thats all you need to know.
Recently my nephew put a private plate on a 04 Caddy van, which was non compliant.
Now, with the plate change, it is.
Im
Trying to establish if they lose there exempt status once Tranffered to private owners

But thanks for your reply

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Im
Trying to establish if they lose there exempt status once Tranffered to private owners

But thanks for your reply
I think it will be because it's an ambulance, it will also be free road tax till you change it ;)

OP
OP
86mort
Aug 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renualt Master ex am
I think it will be because it's an ambulance, it will also be free road tax till you change it ;)
Thanks chaser

Do you have any pics for ideas for your inside conversion believe you have done the master van like mine

I’m thinking of doing the Skorva ikea bed beams at rear

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks chaser

Do you have any pics for ideas for your inside conversion believe you have done the master van like mine

I’m thinking of doing the Skorva ikea bed beams at rear
Like I said I used the inside of an old caravan,that includes the bed with sliding slats, I will get some photos tomorrow if you like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back