Recurrent Injector Issues with 2019 Transit Vans (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Where can I find such an item, or was it simply made by a contributor to the forum? Thanks.
Rob Drew on the Adamo owners FB group sells them. I will see if I have his messenger contact details still and PM you.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
IMG_2773.jpeg

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Update, injector 1 replaced by Ford under warranty, thankfully. Asked for an explanation, was told that the problem was due to the long time that the base vehicles spend sitting around between being manufactured and then converted. I then said that this could be understandable if this was the first time the injector had been replaced but this was the second time. Was then told that I need to be driving more to stop this from happening as the injector tips corrode if not used enough. Haven't managed to find any mechanic who supports this statement. Also was told that fuel additives can cause this problem. BS in my opinion.
The issue is caused by an engine air valve which in motorhomes used periodically causes condensation build up. There is a Ford software patch to permanently close the valve without any problems. If you don't use your moho all the time best practice is to drive it once a month for a minimum of 15 minutes at 2000 rpm. The cures it.

The other issue is with the BCM. Condensation irrigates down inside the windscreen through the dashboard and damages it. Ford have a moho specific cowl to deflect it or use of an external thermal screen cover sorts it too. If you have hab' air con use this as it'll dehumidify the whole van interior. Internal Remis blinds are simply for privacy, they offer zero thermal protection.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you.
Doesn't work. I know hire companies that have spent a fortune fitting this only to have their injectors fail on multiple vans. Water irrigating through the rain scuttle is caused by a poor fitting screen surround trim... it doesn't get anywhere near injectors on an Ecoblue Panther engine, they're buried deep centrally in the engine block. It was a big issue on the older Duratec engine where the injectors are housed exposed at the rear of the block. It was also an issue on PSA cars & vans too when they shared the engine until 2017... The Citroen Grand Picasso & Pug Partner were renowned for it.

If your moho is still under the Ford 3 year warranty they will replace and rectify the issue FOC.

All of the modern images you see on facebook & youtube of bright orange 'rusty' injectors is a load of rubbish... It's the colour of heat paste.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back