PVC Prices!!

Given choice and the right layout within my budget my next van would ideally be

• A full PVC style Motorhome

Votes: 101 51.3%
  • A smaller campervan T5 or similar size

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • A coachbuilt either high or lowline (non tag axle)

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • An A class standard size (non tag axle)

Votes: 48 24.4%
  • A larger A or C class motothome (either tag or twin rear wheel)

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • A super liner style coach like mega vehicle

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
This is my Evora, it’s the closest thing in handling terms I have come across to a Caterham, just like your exige it’s a heck of a car wouldn’t mind an Emira but not sure I can justify one, just hope Geely gives Hethel freedom to keep the brand truly alive.

View attachment 728700
Had one as a courtesy car for a week and absolutely loved it .
Took this one out for a test drive but bottled it , felt too grown up for me when I stepped back into the Exige , realised my hooligan days weren’t over !

7DBDDC0D-DA26-4AEE-AEC4-2F3A0B3B23B3.jpeg
8E0B54AF-5132-4FFC-BA86-0C84DA97C867.jpeg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
This is my Evora, it’s the closest thing in handling terms I have come across to a Caterham, just like your exige it’s a heck of a car wouldn’t mind an Emira but not sure I can justify one, just hope Geely gives Hethel freedom to keep the brand truly alive.

View attachment 728700
Had a couple Elise’s & an Exige S3 all great cars each in different ways.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Had one as a courtesy car for a week and absolutely loved it .
Took this one out for a test drive but bottled it , felt too grown up for me when I stepped back into the Exige , realised my hooligan days weren’t over !

View attachment 728741View attachment 728742
Nice one, nice to see a proper courtesy car 👍 I was at Hethel before I got my Evora and was asked if I had been on track in an Evora and if I had not would I like to go out. It’s not the type of question people are likely to turn down. One of thier drivers took me out on track, all I can say was it was full throttle experience. I had been round that track a few times before and was very impressed with it. We were drifting around the bottom curve at 70 and was thundering over the curbs on other corners. So yes it’s a grown up cat but blisteringly fast.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
We got a fixed price for the new van and a fixed price for the trade in, van unseen. And as delivery is likely to be a year our van will have done another 8,000 plus miles.
So what kind of deposit do they expect for a £90k purchase and on what terms? Is it refundable if the part exchange van is stolen or trashed?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So what kind of deposit do they expect for a £90k purchase and on what terms? Is it refundable if the part exchange van is stolen or trashed?
The van I'm getting is over £100k, £500 refundable deposit.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Our iH is £3K deposit for build slot and further deposit when base vehicle ordered , I’m expecting a £120K total cost which with trade ins will leave us with a £40K cost covered by investments . I don’t envisage spending any “ cash “ for the van.
Usual base vehicle cost increase in 12 month period are between 4 and 5 % .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If its on a credit card it's not so much of a gamble
Wrong I'm afraid, the whole purchase price has to be less than £30k, not just the deposit ...

1679239994355.png

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Wrong I'm afraid, the whole purchase price has to be less than £30k, not just the deposit ...

View attachment 729093

OK , back to risk and reward , I’ve bought tons of high value goods from various companies on a deposit basis and never been stung for one penny , due diligence every time , Companies House website is your friend .

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630
Exp
since 2004
OK , back to risk and reward , I’ve bought tons of high value goods from various companies on a deposit basis and never been stung for one penny , due diligence every time , Companies House website is your friend .
You do know that IH went bust before, it was a dreadful time for Ian and Nicola,they almost lost everything they had worked for over the years.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
I have a funster friend that has placed an order at the NEC for a new PVC and the cost is £90k+!
Would I pay that? - yes if I had the budget. My PVC is nearly 10 years old and I wouldn’t go back to a coachbuilt Motorhome. I had 4 before getting my current van!
I’d buy a van and get a good converter to make it the perfect layout

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I don't think you can get a new Motorhome for under £30k.
Remmber the days .....
😆

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I can't believe people put such high deposits down, if the dealer goes pop you have lost it.
Agreed its more an expression of interest and commitment, if the MoHo is rejected for any reason you may loose a small deposit but with a larger deposit it would turn in to a bun fight ( and they are never pretty )

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
You do know that IH went bust before, it was a dreadful time for Ian and Nicola,they almost lost everything they had worked for over the years.
Yes I do know that , hence my comment about due diligence .

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
uzsnowdrop - ‘I’d buy a van and get a good converter to make it the perfect layout’

That was the original plan but it was proving impossible to find a suitable base vehicle.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
And their creditors no doubt.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Nice one, nice to see a proper courtesy car 👍 I was at Hethel before I got my Evora and was asked if I had been on track in an Evora and if I had not would I like to go out. It’s not the type of question people are likely to turn down. One of thier drivers took me out on track, all I can say was it was full throttle experience. I had been round that track a few times before and was very impressed with it. We were drifting around the bottom curve at 70 and was thundering over the curbs on other corners. So yes it’s a grown up cat but blisteringly fast.
We spent a day at Hethel’s Driving Academy a few years ago driving the Evora 400 around their track and getting a factory tour. Was brilliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back