Portugal toll (School boy error) (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Now I’m really confused. We have the Fulli tag so didn’t think we had to register. Are there in fact 3 sorts of roads? Non toll, Toll and some sort of special road that has a Toll that’s only payable via the website?

There was another thread about this a while back that I thought had finally cleared it up that said if you had a tag you didn’t need to register but this thread is just causing confusion again!

It’s the Portugal -so sad thread
Hi Carolyn,
I have used my Fulli tag in Portugal for the last 2 years. In that time we have used all the different toll systems. I have never registered either online or at the roadside (other than setting up the tag).
The reason for this is that there is no need to do so and I don't know why some are registering when they have a tag.
The only issue for me is there is a time lag between using the tolls and this showing up on the Fulli app. But show up they do albeit some 3 to 4 weeks later.
I hope this is helpful.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi Carolyn,
I have used my Fulli tag in Portugal for the last 2 years. In that time we have used all the different toll systems. I have never registered either online or at the roadside (other than setting up the tag).
The reason for this is that there is no need to do so and I don't know why some are registering when they have a tag.
The only issue for me is there is a time lag between using the tolls and this showing up on the Fulli app. But show up they do albeit some 3 to 4 weeks later.
I hope this is helpful.
Is there a need to link your reg number to the Fulli?
Or just stick tag on screen and go.

Mine is on the way so should be good for next trip

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Carolyn,
I hope this is helpful.
That’s great, very clear. I used Fulli last year in Italy and France and the Italian tolls in particular did take ages. I will stop worrying now. We’re currently in Spain and heading into Portugal in about 10 days and all the conflicting advice was driving me mad! Thankyou so much.

May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Is there a need to link your reg number to the Fulli?
Or just stick tag on screen and go.

Mine is on the way so should be good for next trip
Hi Fragle,
Yes, on the app there is place where you put your reg number. If you wanted to you could change it at a future date if say you were to go in your car.
So if it is not already on there you need to have your reg on it to use it.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi Fragle,
Yes, on the app there is place where you put your reg number. If you wanted to you could change it at a future date if say you were to go in your car.
So if it is not already on there you need to have your reg on it to use it.
Ok thanks. I did look but didn’t see where to put it.
I’ll look again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Now I’m really confused. We have the Fulli tag so didn’t think we had to register. Are there in fact 3 sorts of roads? Non toll, Toll and some sort of special road that has a Toll that’s only payable via the website?

There was another thread about this a while back that I thought had finally cleared it up that said if you had a tag you didn’t need to register but this thread is just causing confusion again!

It’s the Portugal -so sad thread
Hi Carolyn
Didn’t mean to confuse the situation anymore, the reason we registered was due to the fact we thought we’d missed the toll booth leading onto the A22, I spoke with the lady when we arrived at the campsite and she said to register, maybe something lost in translation regarding our tag in the conversation though.
We have a Fulli and never had an issue in any country we’ve been, the difference being as you enter there are booths across all the lanes and you know the tag is working, we haven’t been on a toll since then but do need to drive on the a22 heading to our next stop,

Our next quandary being do we unregister the easy toll payment and rely on our Fulli or stay registered and get charged double 🤷‍♀️

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Carolyn
Didn’t mean to confuse the situation anymore, the reason we registered was due to the fact we thought we’d missed the toll booth leading onto the A22, I spoke with the lady when we arrived at the campsite and she said to register, maybe something lost in translation regarding our tag in the conversation though.
We have a Fulli and never had an issue in any country we’ve been, the difference being as you enter there are booths across all the lanes and you know the tag is working, we haven’t been on a toll since then but do need to drive on the a22 heading to our next stop,

Our next quandary being do we unregister the easy toll payment and rely on our Fulli or stay registered and get charged double 🤷‍♀️
I do realise you weren’t trying to confuse me! I think it was all the different replies that managed to do that. I would have been as confused by the lanes as you.
It is a funny one. I’m going to stick with Vick , it seems simplest

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Emovis links your vehicle to an individual and a bank account where you pay by DD.
No it doesn't LLlink to a vehicle but you do pay by DD in GBP from a UK bank account and its all 8n English.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Carolyn

How can you not use the N125 ?

• Funny
Reactions: JJ
Apr 14, 2022
Carvoeiro, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Bavaria T71LP
Exp
50 years of boating, just one on motorhomes.
I might have missed a comment with this, apologies if I have. Tolls are only after junction 17, this is to allow traffic to cross the bridge and get onto the N125 without have to go through any towns.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi Carolyn

Very helpful thread. Thanks

Although we do not use Toll roads for various reasons. Cost being the main one especially in France as we are early retired and on a budget now. What's the rush.

We now have the Fulli tag on the way and also finally sorted a back up card in the Revolut.

They are both there as backup especially the Fulli as sometimes the satnav even though mostly ok may not have the latest roads and sends you toll without knowing especially with the new trend for no payment booths this should cut the risk of a fine through unintentionally not paying by not being aware.

Ferry is 2 weeks today and we are heading straight for the sun. Just a short 60 days. :LOL:

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
You say you need to use the A22 to get to your next stop, the N125 is the main non toll road along the Algarve. You should be able to get anywhere using it.
Ah ok, I’ll take a look, currently chilling out at this place, Motorhome Ecopark São Brás de Alportel, mrs wants to go to Silves for a night then heading to Lagos, hadn’t planned a route but I thought the A22 would be easier option. 👍

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Ah ok, I’ll take a look, currently chilling out at this place, Motorhome Ecopark São Brás de Alportel, mrs wants to go to Silves for a night then heading to Lagos, hadn’t planned a route but I thought the A22 would be easier option. 👍
Just use the N270 until you hit the N125 behind Vilamoura. Where are you staying at Lagos ?

Oct 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki
See post 9, I was adjacent to a HGV, I didn’t realise I needed to pull off the main road into a different area.
In Portugal last October roadworks forced us onto toll road north of Porto no way to pay toll waited for paperwork to arrive which it did last week £6.90 toll became £16.50 just paid it no point trying to argue

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Well, I did tempt fate! Letter arrived this morning - £53 paid online! Could’ve been worse!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well, I did tempt fate! Letter arrived this morning - £53 paid online! Could’ve been worse!
I'm sure you will from a company known as EPC PLC UK, collecting on behalf of the Portuguese authorities. The admin charges that the robbing bar stewards applied, were more than the fine. :mad:
I thought it might. ;)

Unlucky. :(

Jock. :)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It would appear Portugal has 3 toll systems:

Those that accept the Fulli tag - Which are NOT the main entry points to the country marked with a 'V'
The modern motorways that accept the fully tag and you get charged a few cents for every exit you pass.
Those motorways where you pay in advance at a toll barrier.

The basic rule seems to be if there is a ticket option then take it.
(you will not get charged twice if you have a fulli tag)

We also found a motorway from Porto heading south, where there was no toll booth, it only accepted the fulli Tag , so who knows how much they would charge you if you drove onto it it without a Fulli Tag

As an FYI - there is a €46 fine which we paid to exit the motorway on entry to Portugal from Vigo, as we did not have a paper ticket and the fulli tag was not recognised.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
From the horse's mouth, as it were. (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Reassurance from everyone on this thread meant that we drove through all systems with impunity and our Fulli tag. However we are yet to receive an invoice (or any Portugueses fines) over a month later from the first one before Easter.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Reassurance from everyone on this thread meant that we drove through all systems with impunity and our Fulli tag. However we are yet to receive an invoice (or any Portugueses fines) over a month later from the first one before Easter.
I was worried when we didn't get anything through from Fulli for weeks for our Spain and Portugal toll journeys but it seems that Spain and Portugal invoice Fulli at the beginning of each month for the prior month, so you should get something through this month 🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back