Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
View attachment 954119Rather than have a mess of wires coming off the positive terminal, a neater solution is one of these. One main fuse, then sub-fuses for hab load (only thing connected when I took the photo), solar, mains charger and B2B.

And yes, the wiring in my German van has a black wire for positive (negative is brown). And I've confused things by using red and black. 😋
electrical tape used like that is asking for issues in the long term. I would swap that for heatshrink or proper Tesa 51608 tape

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I have found you always end up using the next size down to get a great crimp.
With my long-handled crimps, I sometimes use one jaw of the Correct size, and one that's a size smaller. A second bite at 90 degrees tidies up the job

May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
I do all my own crimps , even got this red light on my bus bar , although I haven't worked out what it means yet...

busbar red light.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I
Jun 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
planning one…
Thanks for all the crimper suggestions. Need a heat gun too!!
I’m gradually learning that it’s probably better to buy my own stuff and try to do things rather than allowing others to bodge. Or find a decent dealer/garage locally which I can trust. I have pretty high levels of perfectionism anxiety which generally prevent me initiating stuff like this, but I’m getting more confident!
I managed some Anderson connector crimping to make some plugs for additional solar panel…

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thanks for all the crimper suggestions. Need a heat gun too!!
I’m gradually learning that it’s probably better to buy my own stuff and try to do things rather than allowing others to bodge. Or find a decent dealer/garage locally which I can trust. I have pretty high levels of perfectionism anxiety which generally prevent me initiating stuff like this, but I’m getting more confident!
I managed some Anderson connector crimping to make some plugs for additional solar panel…
Have a go on some scrap cable first 🤔 even if you mess one up it won't cost anything, just cut off and do it again 😁

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back