Plastic bottle tops

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
We have a recent new rule here in France that all plastic bottle tops must be attached to the bottle and cannot be removed without cutting the securing device. I hope the rest of the world now acknowledges this earth shattering invention that will solve the world's plastic waste contamination as their milk now spills all over the table instead of landing on their cornflakes.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
Yes, I found that to be quite annoying on our last tour. It is starting to happen here in the UK too, at least with some products bought in Lidl.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Effectively, going to be UK wide as well because nobody is going to produce two different bottle tops.

Still, we have always had a pair of scissors handy in the kitchen draw.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift 696
Beats me why they have also started to secure the plastic caps that are attached to paper (juice etc) cartons too. Paper and plastic are recycled separately where I live.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Same in the UK. You soon get the knack of twisting them off drinks bottles and if you’re at home there’s always scissors handy. An initially irritating problem soon got over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Beats me why they have also started to secure the plastic caps that are attached to paper (juice etc) cartons too. Paper and plastic are recycled separately where I live.
The plasict part the cap screws onto had always been on the carton and the inside is lined with foil, they are supposed to be able to recycle them.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Every plastic bottle we now get has the top secured on. What pillock thought this daft idea up? Then trying to get the top back on is another story.
I'm sure it was never a real issue before.
Put it in place even if it cockeyed, a little finger pressure on the top and turn it back till it clicks and then tighten as normal, easy peasy.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
It’s so they can be recycled with the bottle.

No big deal, it’s no issue and they don’t get in the way. If they aren’t on the bottle they get sent to landfill.

Over 90% of the plastic ever produced is still here, being added to by people getting annoyed at the small inconvenience of having it attached to their convenient plastic bottle….

I just leave them on and get annoyed about things that matter. :-)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Every plastic bottle we now get has the top secured on. What pillock thought this daft idea up? Then trying to get the top back on is another story.
I'm sure it was never a real issue before.
Believe me if you’ve ever done litter picking it’s an issue. Far better if the lid stays attached to the container for recycling.
Better get used to it cos it’s here to stay. I can’t see what the fuss is as on all the ones I’ve used the lid simply flips to one side to pour. Then flip back, reverse screw to locate & then tighten.

Upvote 0

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Like most bottle closures the early versions are perfect. Remember the first sport type closures and those on the early Tetrapaks ? Non were great and they did improve and so will these cap attached closures. It’s for a good reason and we all know that, but i also get that we like to moan when things changes😉

The Evian attached cap closure is already better as it friction folds back and doesn’t get in the way.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’s the younger generation that tend to “lose” the bottle caps so it’ll work for them but the responsible oldies like us it’s irritating but I’m sure we’ll get used to it and I’m sure the wildlife will be thankful….😎

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
I just leave them on and get annoyed about things that matter.
Far better if the lid stays attached to the container for recycling.
Nothing wrong with the way I have always done it. Put the loose lid back every time it is used.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
We have a recent new rule here in France that all plastic bottle tops must be attached to the bottle and cannot be removed without cutting the securing device. I hope the rest of the world now acknowledges this earth shattering invention that will solve the world's plastic waste contamination as their milk now spills all over the table instead of landing on their cornflakes.
Not just in France, we have the same ridiculous sh*t here in Spain. These 'enlightened' dickheads who thought this up have no idea. The first thing I do is cut of the tiny securing lengths of plastic and put them in the bin so I can remove the cap and replace it on the water bottle. So even smaller pieces of plastic are created. How does that save the whales? or whatever it is we are supposed to save this month?

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Lidl have got a new design top on their long life milk great makes easy pouring and has a cutter in lid to cut some foil only problem they made the lid smaller and I’ve had to use grips to open it and when closing it clicks and can be a bugger to open again.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
They seem a really good idea to me. If you want someone to blame blame the people who usually take the lid off and just throw it anywhere.
They will also throw the bottle!🙄

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMG_3153.jpeg

Upvote 0

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
We were at a gig Saturday night at Newcastle boiler shop and went to the bar to get 2 bottles of water - they removed the caps that are fastened on!
Other half asked why and the reply was that people throw them at each other!!!

She then asked them to trim the stalk that they'd left on ready to poke us in the face!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back