phones in in Spain (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I have Spanish lobster sim €10 month.

But I have just switched my UK provider from O2 @ £35 a month for 10GB TO Lebara £3.75 a month for 3 months, £7.50 thereafter. No contract and 100 mins of international calls. Vodaphone network .

Lebara includes Roaming. The only place my wife was not able to use it was Switzerland , so-far.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
It says unlimited calls & text roaming as for data can't find the info on their site via my phone but I looked on a desktop a few weeks ago and data was limited to either 12 or 20GB can't remember which.

We are going over next week will take us a few days to get down there will probably get a lobster sim. If we are careful should be able to make 70GB last a month.

That would be a good update to the thread Lenny HB on exactly how we in the U.K. start & stop the PAYG contract. It seems to be the best option for me and the usage I need.

Thanks MJT222, I shall likely link it to my Spanish friends address when I’m there, rather than a campsite or at the shop.

When we lived in Murcia ourselves we had a PAYG contract that I simply put credit on but then it started deducting money from the balance for the months it was not used once we returned to the U.K. and I gave it up, I cannot remember the company now after 10 years ☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 1, 2021
Guardamar del Segura, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Sonic 700i SL
That would be a good update to the thread Lenny HB on exactly how we in the U.K. start & stop the PAYG contract. It seems to be the best option for me and the usage I need.
royandsharont

To do this is easy -

Download the Lobster Mobile App from the app store , available on both Apple and Android
Sign in with your username and password (the same as the website when you setup your account)
Click 3 dots in top right
Choose stop renewal to stop the plan
When you want to restart, go back into app, click 3 dots and choose restart plan

My experience is it takes less then an hour to do either (start or stop)

Hope screen shots help

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 7
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks once again MJT222 , you’ve completely satisfied any queries I had and I’m pretty sure I can just use my U.K. bank card to register on the account for funds rather than my bank account, that way I will get no charges.

When I get to Fulgencio’s, eventually when the new van arrives, I shall use your link as I’ve bookmarked this thread.

When we were looking for locations to try and settle, pre retirement, we looked at where you live and liked it. I recall some new houses being built not too far from the sea back around 2005/8. Over 14 years of looking we visited many areas but eventually settled on Los Alcazares until we realised we were too young to stay and returned to the U.K. after 1.5 years. Miss the weather terribly but now have the travelling bug in a MH, which we caught from a sailing friend living at La Marina, but we return often to LA to see friends. May catch you some time 😊

Mar 1, 2021
Guardamar del Segura, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Sonic 700i SL
Thanks once again MJT222 , you’ve completely satisfied any queries I had and I’m pretty sure I can just use my U.K. bank card to register on the account for funds rather than my bank account, that way I will get no charges.

When I get to Fulgencio’s, eventually when the new van arrives, I shall use your link as I’ve bookmarked this thread.

When we were looking for locations to try and settle, pre retirement, we looked at where you live and liked it. I recall some new houses being built not too far from the sea back around 2005/8. Over 14 years of looking we visited many areas but eventually settled on Los Alcazares until we realised we were too young to stay and returned to the U.K. after 1.5 years. Miss the weather terribly but now have the travelling bug in a MH, which we caught from a sailing friend living at La Marina, but we return often to LA to see friends. May catch you some time 😊
I suspect we might be in one of those houses, as ours was built around 2007, and we are only 5 mins from the beach. I wouldn’t swap it for anything, and have the MH gives us the best of both worlds, albeit the weather at the moment was not on the agenda lol

safe travels

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We have used Simyo when overwintering in Spain for a number of years. You can set your own tariff on line for either data or calls/ texts, very flexible and good value. Only issue we had was them not remotely accepting British credit card for renewal. But other ways to pay. OK not to use for three months but sign in a couple of times or send the odd text and all ok.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back