Penalties for smoking when driving (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Here we go again, because I don't like it you can't do it. How tiresome.
🍿
I didn't say that though did I ... :rolleyes:
You implied it.
What's tiresome is not considering the effect that what you do has on others especially if it directly affects their health.
Not true though is it. All the time I'm not smoking in your face it does not affect you whatsoever. But as I said, because you don't like it I can't do it. Whatever happened to tolerance? I'm sure there are hundreds of things you do all the time that many others hate, but you do it. I also have the popcorn ready 🍿

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
🍿

You implied it.
No, I didn't at all. You appear to want that to be the case though.

Not true though is it. All the time I'm not smoking in your face it does not affect you whatsoever.
You couldn't be more wrong! Just because you aren't puffing away in front of me doesn't prevent the chemicals which are clinging to you from your smoking affecting me if you come near me. I have no way of preventing my getting a sore throat, mouth, lips etc unless I keep away from smokers and them from me.

But as I said, because you don't like it I can't do it.
I never said that, you do it if you want to, just don't do it near me, simples.

Whatever happened to tolerance? I'm sure there are hundreds of things you do all the time that many others hate, but you do it.
Whatever things I do though don't affect others physically which your emitted smoking chemicals would definitely do to me, I wish they didn't but they do.

I also have the popcorn ready 🍿
Be careful not to choke on it! 😄

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
No, I didn't at all. You appear to want that to be the case though.
We'll leave it at that then, silly me arguing with a woman
You couldn't be more wrong! Just because you aren't puffing away in front of me doesn't prevent the chemicals which are clinging to you from your smoking affecting me if you come near me. I have no way of preventing my getting a sore throat, mouth, lips etc unless I keep away from smokers and them from me.
No, that's rubbish. You are reading (and believing) too much on Google.
I never said that, you do it if you want to, just don't do it near me, simples.
I am thousands of mile away from you, fortunately.
Whatever things I do though don't affect others physically which your emitted smoking chemicals would definitely do to me, I wish they didn't but they do.
The perfume you probably wear does affect me, and if you don't shower (not implying you don't, but there are many people out there who don't) also affects me. But I just move away a little and no problem. Seems smokers are the assassins of the 21st century.
Be careful not to choke on it! 😄
I don't actually eat popcorn, it's bad for the health. I'll have a glass or two of wine and smoke my face off. Thank you for your concern 😂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We'll leave it at that then, silly me arguing with a woman
Most definitely! 😄
No, that's rubbish. You are reading (and believing) too much on Google.
No it's not rubbish, it's nothing to do with anything like that, I'm speaking from my OWN experience, unless of course you want to accuse me of making it all up.

I realised what the problem was, as did my Dr, when I was in my 20s well before I had access to Google etc.

I am thousands of mile away from you, fortunately.
Yay! 😎

The perfume you probably wear does affect me, and if you don't shower (not implying you don't, but there are many people out there who don't) also affects me. But I just move away a little and no problem.
But how do they affect you? Is it just you don't like them or do you have a genuine physical reaction that you have no control over?

It's funny you should mention perfume, showering etc, as a kid I couldn't use anything which was perfumed, cold tar soap and some Avon expensive 'sensitive' products was my lot otherwise I came out in awful rashes and spots, not nice at all.

Fortunately I'm not as bad with some things now but anyone near me wearing strong scents etc can affect me physically, at best just a mild irritation to my lips etc, at worst affecting my breathing, consequently I don't wear it and have to be careful about what products I use as does hubby as one of the aerosol deodorants he bought almost killed me!

Seems smokers are the assassins of the 21st century.
That's your view, I haven't said nor implied that

I don't actually eat popcorn, it's bad for the health. I'll have a glass or two of wine and smoke my face off. Thank you for your concern 😂
No problem... Enjoy! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Roadside signs in Estramadura Spain showing 6 points on licence for driving while smoking. Is this new?
Excellent, they should introduce that worldwide, or even better, just ban it all together🤷🏻‍♂️

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Most definitely! 😄

No it's not rubbish, it's nothing to do with anything like that, I'm speaking from my OWN experience, unless of course you want to accuse me of making it all up.

I realised what the problem was, as did my Dr, when I was in my 20s well before I had access to Google etc.
Well that changes everything, you have a medical problem. But you can't expect everyone to suffer for you.
But how do they affect you? Is it just you don't like them or do you have a genuine physical reaction that you have no control over?
I get the sneezes sometimes with the awful perfumes some people use.
It's funny you should mention perfume, showering etc, as a kid I couldn't use anything which was perfumed, cold tar soap and some Avon expensive 'sensitive' products was my lot otherwise I came out in awful rashes and spots, not nice at all.

Fortunately I'm not as bad with some things now but anyone near me wearing strong scents etc can affect me physically, at best just a mild irritation to my lips etc, at worst affecting my breathing, consequently I don't wear it and have to be careful about what products I use as does hubby as one of the aerosol deodorants he bought almost killed me!
Well I'm sorry you have those illnesses, but you cannot prohibit others doing their thing just because you are ill, you have to adapt your life to avoid the causes.
No problem... Enjoy! 😄
All the best.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well that changes everything, you have a medical problem. But you can't expect everyone to suffer for you.
I don't understand how my not wanting you to expose me directly to something makes you 'suffer'. 🤔

I get the sneezes sometimes with the awful perfumes some people use.
I think a lot of people do especially when they are near someone who seems to use a bucketload to drench themselves in! 😄
Well I'm sorry you have those illnesses, but you cannot prohibit others doing their thing just because you are ill, you have to adapt your life to avoid the causes.
Which I do; it was really my explaining that just because some believe their smoking doesn't affect others, that it inadvertently can in ways they don't necessarily realise.
All the best.
Same to you chuck! 😃

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
No only if you've kids in it. I'd prefer 5 smokers to any kids. And no it isn't illegal to eat or drink as long as you are in control of the vehicle.
Very difficult to prove 'undue care and attention ' when people with one arm are allowed to drive.
I dont see what relevance the one armed man has, a one armed person can be concentrating 100% on his driving, his non arm is not a distraction (unless he is The Fugitive🤣). If a two armed person only using one arm becouse he is doing something with it, eating, smoking fiddling with his phone, changing a cassette🤣, then that is a distraction.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Smokers do stink...

It's God's way of warning folk to keep clear of the weak willed drug addicts. :whistle2:

JJ :cool:

Isn’t that what people who don’t drink alcohol say about those that do😉

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Barriesimpson

Owing to no response from you after your claim that vaping is more dangerous than smoking.

Try this and numerous other links that are written by proper academics rather than the original misleading dissertation which has probably adjusted your view.

To clarify: This is far more more factual than whatever has formed your opinion previously and is given to you as something that may change your mind about smoking dangers v vape danger

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Barriesimpson

Owing to no response from you after your claim that vaping is more dangerous than smoking.
I did not claim any such thing, I merely commented that some sources say it. Personally I don't care, so will not be reading any of that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back