One of my last postings..... (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The JR is my sister's nearest hospital and has a world wide reputation for excellence.
The trouble is that there is a world of difference between excellence in medical treatments and nursing care.
Old fashioned nursing care had gone out of the window when my Mum was in JR in 2002. Left slumped in a wheel chair day after day unable to speak or reach the food left at her bedside.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
So John Radcliffe also in Oxford? It’s a shame she can’t be closer to you.
You must be so frustrated old-mo but it sounds safer than discharging her. You’d think they would realise that before getting your hopes up 🙄.
Believe me, the JR is the safest place for Judy. As has been said it’s a world renowned centre of excellence.

Keeping everything crossed for you Mo. xx

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The trouble is that there is a world of difference between excellence in medical treatments and nursing care.
Old fashioned nursing care had gone out of the window when my Mum was in JR in 2002. Left slumped in a wheel chair day after day unable to speak or reach the food left at her bedside.
I think you can say the same all over the UK Annie, but for critical care, it’s up there with the best.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello old-mo EXTRA SPECIAL Life Member

How are you this morning? Did you get any sleep last night?

Have you been able to find out the costs and ways and wherefores of booking a private ambulance, with a paramedic and copious supplies of oxygen to take you to and from Oxford to see Judy. You know what they say about Mohammad and mountains.

Just a suggestion, only you know whether you could make such a journey.
Lots of love from Auntie Pam xxx

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hello old-mo EXTRA SPECIAL Life Member

How are you this morning? Did you get any sleep last night?

Have you been able to find out the costs and ways and wherefores of booking a private ambulance, with a paramedic and copious supplies of oxygen to take you to and from Oxford to see Judy. You know what they say about Mohammad and mountains.

Just a suggestion, only you know whether you could make such a journey.
Lots of love from Auntie Pam xxx
They are moving Judy to a different hospital today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
hoping that the move to a different hospital has been good for judy and that things are looking better for her and maybe soon, if stabilised, whilst not being able to come home, she could be moved to a hospital near to home where you will be able to visit her mister mo..

wondering though if the one she is in now, the john radcliff is it ?, has any kind of visitor accommodation for circumstances such as yourself?
seems so unfair for you both to be parted when you need to be together, i know that had you been fit and able, you'd have been constantly at her bedside..
am hoping something can be done for you both, very, very soon..
wheres a miracle when you bloody need one?
hugs, hugs, hugs..

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just seen your up date Mo. Sorry to hear Judy is not home with you.
Info below on the John Radcliffe hospital.
Give them a ring and see if they can accomodate you for a visit overnight.
All the best.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Bit of an update..... on Judy...
With the help of injections and pills they stabilized her heart. so did not get transferred to John Radcliffe hosp..
Instead two days ago they sent her home... I really wish they had not !!!!

Although nurses call 3 times a day, I still had to call out a doctor this evening... She was ill`er than when she came home...
Still not eating properly, all that is keeping her going is fortified drinks..... I would hazard a guess she ways about 4 - 5 stone, all skin and bones...

Hopefully the blood samples Dr took this evening will throw some light on what is wrong...

Daisy is happy to have mum home at least....

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Bit of an update..... on Judy...
With the help of injections and pills they stabilized her heart. so did not get transferred to John Radcliffe hosp..
Instead two days ago they sent her home... I really wish they had not !!!!

Although nurses call 3 times a day, I still had to call out a doctor this evening... She was ill`er than when she came home...
Still not eating properly, all that is keeping her going is fortified drinks..... I would hazard a guess she ways about 4 - 5 stone, all skin and bones...

Hopefully the blood samples Dr took this evening will throw some light on what is wrong...

Daisy is happy to have mum home at least....
Good grief Mo, how can they expect you to look after Judy on your own, given your own health problems. I really wish there was something I could do to help.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Please 🙏 🙏 old-mo if you feel you can't cope or will not be able to cope yell at the top of your voice now to Social Services, the visiting nurses, your GP, your MP, your local councillor and any one else you can think of. You will have to lay things on thick and tell them you are about to take irrevocable action just so you get help.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mo, there is hospice at home, Marie Curie, Hospital at home. They are there to help you both.

Judy shouldn’t have come home without a comprehensive care package, and they should know that you’re unable to care for her and need a care package yourself!

The discharging hospital should have given you contact numbers for assistance. Don’t be afraid to ring 111 at any time. We found the paramedics who came out when we rang them for mum we’re really good at getting things sorted.

Gentle hugs to you both xx

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Mo, there is hospice at home, Marie Curie, Hospital at home. They are there to help you both.

Judy shouldn’t have come home without a comprehensive care package, and they should know that you’re unable to care for her and need a care package yourself!

The discharging hospital should have given you contact numbers for assistance. Don’t be afraid to ring 111 at any time. We found the paramedics who came out when we rang them for mum we’re really good at getting things sorted.

Gentle hugs to you both xx
It beggars belief doesn't it that Judy has been discharged.

Seconding Gers comment about not being afraid to ring 111 Mo if there's problems.

Hoping things improve x

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
After the problems my neighbour had when his wife was discharged more than once without a care package in place it comes as no surprise that they have discharged Judy with minimal help for you both. It's simply not good enough given your own state of health to expect you to monitor Judy between visits from the nurses. As others have said shout long and loud for help at social services, your GP and 111. Wishing you all the best.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
So sorry to hear of your situation Old-Mo. It sounds like Judy shouldn’t have been discharged! I would have thought that a hospice would have been better under the circumstances and ideally you could have been admitted also. Appreciate this is probably ‘pie in the sky’ but possibly worth trying. I have nothing but praise for Hospices as it’s were my mum was transferred to and spent her last weeks.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Good Morning and thankyou for all your suggestions...

What a difference a day makes..... Judy was up all bright and bushy tailed, she schuffled with her zimmer frame into the lounge and ate half a weetabix...

Then the nurse came and did her ablushions..... (He is black as all get out with an afro haircut, but hell of a nice lad.)...

Then went back to bed and zonked out...... Which gives me time to sort the cloths washing out, dog walker due at 10-30...

I have chased up the various people about getting help and most have said they will get back to me...
My paliative care nurse from the hospice suggested getting some sort of sit in nurse so I could get some sleep and rest... But she said it will cost me... and they don`t come cheap..
She does not want to get involved with Judy`s problems as she said it is me they would like in the hospice, and I am there number one concern... as they deal with mainly end of life cancer patients...

So we will plod on... Will keep you updated.... BUT..
Please say if it is getting boring for you and I can stop..

Thanks..

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Good Morning and thankyou for all your suggestions...

What a difference a day makes..... Judy was up all bright and bushy tailed, she schuffled with her zimmer frame into the lounge and ate half a weetabix...

Then the nurse came and did her ablushions..... (He is black as all get out with an afro haircut, but hell of a nice lad.)...

Then went back to bed and zonked out...... Which gives me time to sort the cloths washing out, dog walker due at 10-30...

I have chased up the various people about getting help and most have said they will get back to me...
My paliative care nurse from the hospice suggested getting some sort of sit in nurse so I could get some sleep and rest... But she said it will cost me... and they don`t come cheap..
She does not want to get involved with Judy`s problems as she said it is me they would like in the hospice, and I am there number one concern... as they deal with mainly end of life cancer patients...

So we will plod on... Will keep you updated.... BUT..
Please say if it is getting boring for you and I can stop..

Thanks..
Not boring at all. Your resilience to these difficulties. is inspiring.
Good to hear that Judy felt a bit better.
you know we are all one big family in sending our best to you both.❤️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back