One of my last postings..... (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
thank goodness that you'll be back together again, at last, but poor judy, she's been through the mill these last few months as have you..

do age concern or whatever they are called now deliver fresh cooked meals in your area, am sure they must do and in the circumstances can you get hospice care at home?

whoever delivers judy back home and makes sure she's comfortable should be able to put all your worries at rest and check she's getting everything needed for her and yours ongoing care..

massive amounts of love and hugs coming your way mister mo.. :hugs:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
Glad Judy is coming home to you Mo. But please make sure all the care is in place for you both. If you manage on your own and struggle and don’t say anything they will let you carry on your own which would be too much hard work. Good luck with everything and lots of love from me and Nikki. 🥰

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
That is good news about Judy but I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. The 3 visits a day should cover most of Judy’s needs including preparing light meals. If not, would it be possible to pay for someone to visit every day to ensure the shopping and washing is done etc? Is there not an option for hospice at home care for you? They were excellent at looking after my mum and kept her very comfortable.

Enjoy having her home and the 3 of you being together. X

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
motorhoming 1979 ---- 2024
Hi Mo , glad Judy coming home but worrying time for you both , ensure both the hospice people & care team which visit , really know the situation they are leaving you with !!, that's terrible !!
Do you have a lifeline buzzer , they are essential in your case for both of you or Judy to contact someone immediately if anything happens . I can't believe NHS would put you both in this situation considering both your conditions . Care team must organise meals delivery plus lifeline system , explain to them it's Sunday how do you at your age and condition sorted these things , they must do this for you .
Really so sorry for you mate , wish I was closer & could help . Keep your spirits up at least you will see Judy & be together .
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As others have said, Auld Yin, despite Judy having been through the mill it's good she's coming home as you'll be together after such a long time apart.

Also, as others have said, make sure local health services are aware of the situation for both of you.

Just wondering if it would be worth a call to your local Councillor / MP to appraise their offices of the considerable implications?

Please look after yourselves and, as always, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Morning Mo, glad that Judy is coming home. I’m sure you will cope and the visiting carers will step up to do what is needed. I guess Julie is still walking Daisy and that should help too. At least you will all be together now

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Thinking of you both. I'm sure if you contact care agencies they should be able to provide all the help you may need. One of my customers had 24 hour care provided for himself and his wife. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, but it meant they could both stay at home instead of a care home

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thinking of you both Mo. I trust Judys health will improve when she is back home with you and Daisy and you both get back into a routine.
Don't forget there are other carers out there that can come in if you feel you can't cope with your situation and the 3 nhs visits a day.
Best of luck to you both. And don't forget the flowers for Judy when she is home tomorrow (y) :h:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Thinking of you all Mo, the first thing you are all 3 together that is a great step forward.

Despite all your concerns I think that’s a good decision.
I hope that the right support will come and make you all comfortable and as well as can be.

Take care Mo , here wishing all goes well.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I’m glad Judy is coming home Mo because this separation isn’t good for either of you but you may need to consider sourcing extra care privately. You aren’t in a position to look after Judy and going from round the clock care to 3 short visits a day is huge. Let us know how it goes …

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Judy must be well enough in the hospital's view to consider a discharge and with the visits in place it's the best you could wish for given the trials and tribulations you are both going through. The three of you can be together and make the most of the time ahead. Best wishes to you both.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Judy must be well enough in the hospital's view to consider a discharge

I think deep down in my heart is, they want rid of her because she is taking up a wanted bed in an "Urology" ward, and to all intense and purposes they have done their job...
As the nurse said the missing part of her brain function and mobility problems is not what that ward is for, which I can understand.......
Churchill Hospital, Oxford is a huge place dedicated to certain anatomy`s of the body, and I don`t think brain malfunction and muscle wastage is part of their system, I may be wrong, but reading all about Churchill it is not the place for her... What they do do is short of a miracle...
Just hope when she is home familiar surroundings will change that, and I can help up to a point with mobility issues...
Especially if I tell her I am going to sell her beloved car, as I cannot see her driving again,, and I am not supposed to..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad Judy is coming home to you Mo. But please make sure all the care is in place for you both. If you manage on your own and struggle and don’t say anything they will let you carry on your own which would be too much hard work. Good luck with everything and lots of love from me and Nikki. 🥰
I know both my Mum and myself were discharged at very short notice with no care arranged. My Mum on New Year's Day and me on a Saturday when the chances of arranging help is nil.

My sister arranged private care for Mum and also a home cooked meals service. Mum complains about both of course.

No help was ever arranged for me even though I was assessed as needing a care package. I did have an agency house keeping service which then closed down but the housekeeper agreed to attend her favourite places which includes here!! She isn't the best cleaner but is cheerful and good company and she does change the bed and put things in the washing machine.

Just wondering if it would be worth a call to your local Councillor / MP to appraise their offices of the considerable implications?

Please look after yourselves and, as always, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
And make sure your GP is aware - plus the practice manager and the APNs..... You may have to make a bit of a fuss to get service. There should be a 24 hour emergency line for social services.

Love you and Judy and Daisy, now and always. We only met at the one meet but it made a lasting impression and a very good one.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
I think deep down in my heart is, they want rid of her because she is taking up a wanted bed in an "Urology" ward, and to all intense and purposes they have done their job...
As the nurse said the missing part of her brain function and mobility problems is not what that ward is for, which I can understand.......
Churchill Hospital, Oxford is a huge place dedicated to certain anatomy`s of the body, and I don`t think brain malfunction and muscle wastage is part of their system, I may be wrong, but reading all about Churchill it is not the place for her... What they do do is short of a miracle...
Just hope when she is home familiar surroundings will change that, and I can help up to a point with mobility issues...
Especially if I tell her I am going to sell her beloved car, as I cannot see her driving again,, and I am not supposed to..

Very sorry you are having all these problems.
David has had a week in hospital in May, June, two weeks in July and is now back in hospital again. In our area we have had the Urgent Community Response team coming out to him, then when he came out the last time in July from Basingstoke he came under the auspices of Winchester Virtual Ward for the next two weeks. I could ring and talk to someone 7 days a week from 8am-10pm. for help and advice. They organised someone to come out and do his blood tests twice a week and let us know the results etc. I’m hoping the same will happen this time. I was wondering Mo, if you ask your gp whether there might be something similar in your area? Your requirements are far greater than ours. I so hope you can get the help and support you need, all the best to you both. Hope you will accept a hug from a ‘stranger’! Lesley xx

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello old-mo EXTRA SPECIAL Life Member
I have just this morning found your post and through many tears have read your story from 4th July to - what is it now 7th September.
I have read the many many replies from fellow Funsters and been reminded of happy times at rallies, all these names of Funsters I have met or followed on Motorhome Fun. What a rich family we are sharing the highs and lows of life.

Derek and I send our very best wishes to you and Judy and hope that you can also share memories of good times past. We feel very privileged to have known you both, and John as well, and are so happy that Daisy was rescued by you. Tuck those bad thoughts and experiences in a bag and let Daisy bury them.

Love from us both
Derek and Auntie Pam

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
My heart breaks for both of you Mo, for the situation two such lovely people find themselves in.

I really hope Judy will improve being home and with you and Daisy. You can’t take money with you so I hope you’ll be able to get as much help as needed whether with care or hot meals etc. to make your life easier.

You are one strong individual, take care xx

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Mo I'm really sorry that you've both been put in this position. I didn't think they could discharge without some sort of assessment. Are social services involved? As much as I know you want Judy home please don't put either of yourselves at risk.
Hope things improve soon.
Love to both of you
Xx

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Mo I'm really sorry that you've both been put in this position. I didn't think they could discharge without some sort of assessment. Are social services involved? As much as I know you want Judy home please don't put either of yourselves at risk.
Hope things improve soon.
Love to both of you
Xx
My Mum was supposed to go to an assessment unit for a minimum of a week before her discharge but that just didn't happen as no place was available during a bank holiday and at such short notice. Almost 2 years on and Mum's consultant is still trying to get her a place in an assessment unit but without luck. If it hadn't been for family she would still be in hospital I think.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are evicting/Discharging Judy this Sunday (Tomorrow)...
Mo I know you want Judy home BUT do NOT let her be discharged unless there is care ALREADY arranged, they CANNOT send her home in her condition without it, they have a duty of care to ensure that a discharged person is not put at risk and without the care being in place for the day she is discharged that is exactly what they would be doing. If it means she has to stay there for another day or two then so be it, once home trying to get care sorted can be difficult and take time.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I wouldn't tell her your selling the car. If its on the drive there is an incentive for her to get well enough to drive it. May encourage her to eat better to get well again.Just a though. 🤷‍♂️ (y) :h:

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Once again i am lost for words. Situations like this should not happen in this country.

Good luck and best wishes to all 3 of you . In my thoughts.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry to read everything that's happening so wrong and frustrating but sometimes the best place to be is home.
I agree with Jim no point in you or Judy worrying about the car at the moment other things are higher up the list.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Words fail me old-mo
I've read this thread with tears and anger. The tears are for you both and the anger is at the way you have been treated.
As others have said, these things happen to the nicest of people.
My heart goes out to you both.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
House is all spick & span....... Various grab rails coming tomorrow, and a swivel over bed table..

But that is all that is happening........... Had a call from the Hospital just now....

Judy is NOT being discharged today, the only ride in an ambulance will be to the John Radcliffe Hospital..
Her heart is playing up big time and they are worried... hence the transfer...

They, the hospital are phoning me later...

At my wits end, will wait and see what is what after the phone call...

Bye..

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Much as it’s sad Judy is not coming home it does seem a better option

When my mum was effectively ‘bed blocking’ as in medically they could do no more, I was put under massive pressure to find her somewhere to go to, she hadn’t got a permanent care home by then and coming back home was no longer an opition

I got to see a bad side of the system , at least as it was in Chesterfield , after a few weeks where the hospital can’t make them any better, the hospital charge social services for the accommodation to pressurise them to move them, that pressure got put heavily on my shoulders by Social Dont Care as we called them

Judy’s heart condition means she now needs medical attention and will be kept where it sounds like she needs to be

Rock and hard place have never been a better description of your position Mo, bless your patience mate

You both need a lot of support right now 🙏

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
motorhoming 1979 ---- 2024
As DavidG58 says great shame she's not coming home but I am sure there is good reason they are keeping in which ever hospital. Take care of yourself and Daisy while you await her home coming , she will need you and all the support from outside agency's hospice & care peeps can give , this might give the agency's time to organise things as being on not such short notice . Please look after yourself & keep us all posted , mate
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back