One of my last postings..... (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I so wish I could help in some way! I agree that you should get a private ambulance to take you to Oxford - this is the rainy day that you have been saving for. Use any money you have to make this easier for you, Judy & Daisy. You are in all our thoughts!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I Love You GIF by Chippy the Dog

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
WARNING - PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IS YOU GET UPSET ABOUT ANIMAL CRUELTY

SOME (not all) so called 'rescues' are simply in it for the money. I know. I was involved with rescues for many years, taking in urgent foster cases at any time of the day or night. SOME charge you to take your dog, then charge double that amount from the new owner!! They don't care where the dog goes, as long as they keep raking in the money.

SOME people (not all) are constantly on the look out for 'free to good home' or 'desperately needs rehoming' adverts. They give a good story about a wonderful home that awaits. Some have even gone to the extent of renting a holiday home and say they live there (I know, I've visited them). The dogs they take sometimes just get sold on. In the worst case, they end up as bait dogs to train fighting dogs (I know, I've seent the results).

Everyone, please be very, very careful when rehoming your dog. Check, check and check again.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Well Daisy is home with me, she seems very subdued... Thin and jumps at every noise...

She has lost her Bark... :frowny: usually she barks and rushes to the front door when the bell goes, opens her mouth as if to try and bark..... but no sound comes out..

by all accounts according to one of the kennel girls she did nothing but whimper and bark the first few day`s...

I would never ever put her in a so called loving kennels again....:madder: She, so I was told had someone who wanted her..... bull$hit...
......................................................................................................................................................................................
I have just phoned Oxford and Judy is still very poorly, they are going to change her cathater and also change one of her stents "Tonight"... (I don`t really know what they mean) ... they said she is dilearious ... (Not spelt right, but cannot be asked to google it.)..

That`s it for now...... Not what I thought the day was going to turn out to be....:crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mo, please read the pm I've sent you.

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Well done you for putting Daisy first. Every time I read this thread I get something in my eye.

I have never met you (only know you through the infamous jokes of course), but I think of all 3 of you every day.

Best wishes to you, Judy and Daisy.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I’m so sorry you are going through so much 😢 it might be worth posting a new thread about Daisy in case anyone on here can help. Thinking of you all xx

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Well Daisy is home with me, she seems very subdued... Thin and jumps at every noise...

She has lost her Bark... :frowny: usually she barks and rushes to the front door when the bell goes, opens her mouth as if to try and bark..... but no sound comes out..

by all accounts according to one of the kennel girls she did nothing but whimper and bark the first few day`s...

I would never ever put her in a so called loving kennels again....:madder: She, so I was told had someone who wanted her..... bull$hit...
......................................................................................................................................................................................
I have just phoned Oxford and Judy is still very poorly, they are going to change her cathater and also change one of her stents "Tonight"... (I don`t really know what they mean) ... they said she is dilearious ... (Not spelt right, but cannot be asked to google it.)..

That`s it for now...... Not what I thought the day was going to turn out to be....:crying1:

I'm so sorry you've had to go through this on top of everything else. If I could take her, I would in a heartbeat, but we're on our last animal now.....no more for us. It'll seem strange after having our farm with horses, sheep, cattle, pigs, dogs, cats, chickens, etc etc. to have no pets at all But it's the end of all that for us and we need to move on. Give her a few days and she'll be back to normal. She just needs time to get back into her old routine again. It sounds like you have the most wonderful dog walker in the world!! I'm so happy for you in that respect. I have everything crossed for you that things work out well xx

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I agree with HKF and Odd job that Daisy should be back to her old self in a few days. Different scenario but Yogi was traumatised after surgery and within 3 or 4 days he came round.

So hope you get some better news about Judy soon. Delirium can be caused by infection which is what they said she has 😥

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This bad experience for Daisy and yourself just so unfair considering what you are all going through. I agree with Grianan above, it can take dogs a couple of days to “come back” but I am sure she will be ok now back with you. So glad you have a lovely trusted dog walker to help you and who has promised to take her on if necessary.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thinking of you every single day Mo. I hope that Daisy will soon come back to normal. She needs you as much as you need her to be able to hold (even virtualy) Judy's hand. Just a thought about her barking: We had once my parents' dog in a kennel, and he barked sooo much , he was suffering aphonia. In any case, your love will be the best medication!

Much love
Frankie Xxxx

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
fingers very much crossed that you get some better news about judy today and that daisy is settling back home again..
keep your strength up mister mo, thoughts as always, are with you all..

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Terrible times for both you and Daisy, she is probably a bit confused over what's happening but with plenty love and hugs she will soon be ok. Dogs are very sensitive but also very resilient.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Love you old-mo

Love you Judy

And for Daisy a belly rub and cuddle from me.
I think mo might quite appreciate those too! 😄

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Evening Mo, just wondering how Judy, you and Daisy are doing. :*

Hi Mel.. Good evening...

Judy is still very poorly and NOT responding to any treatment at the moment, but they are hoping for a change in the next day or so, they have changed her cathator and one stent yesterday afternoon, and they have started to sort of drip feed some liquid food into her as she has not eaten anything for nearly two weeks..

I am still refusing to go into a hospice,,,, at home I can at least shuffle around in familiar rooms and do my own thing, in a hospice I would be bored stiff...

Daisy is nearly back to her old self, and is getting her voice back... (She barks like a Chiwowa now not a German shepherd X Malumut..) .. she sounds so weird... :happy:

Thanks Mel. Take care... :hugs::*

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thinking of you Mo, and keeping everything crossed for an improvement in Judy’s condition.

If you stay at home, get as much hospice care as you can - you need people to take care of you to enable you to stay there safely.

Glad Daisy is recovering, and getting her voice back! x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back