One of my last postings..... (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Wont be around for a few days, I know she was only a dog to some, but kept me sane while Judy is going through what she is....

Place seems so empty now, not having her bound up to me and jumping up for a cuddle when I came in ...

Wish I was gone...

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Wont be around for a few days, I know she was only a dog to some, but kept me sane while Judy is going through what she is....

Place seems so empty now, not having her bound up to me and jumping up for a cuddle when I came in ...

Wish I was gone...

Stay as long as you can for Judy x

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
14 years with an RV
I really don’t think Mo is worrying about his Grammer, he is more cut-up about Judy and Daisy.
I know he's not bothered about grammar, It's just my way of being me to a dear friend. Mo will have a wry smile on his chops.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
I know she was only a dog to some,

There is NO SUCH THING as "only a dog".

Daisy is an intelligent, sentient being who was a big, big part of your life and will always be a part of your heart.

What you have done today shows the depth of your love and compassion for her.

I will never meet you at a Rally or get-together but I know you are the sort of person I would love to sit with outside our vans as dusk falls.
Take care m'dear, xx

Jan 9, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 803F
Exp
Since 2006
Mo, sadly, I’ve never met you but I am aware of you from the forum.
I have just seen this thread and I am in tears reading it.
In dealing with your situation in the way that you are, you are a shining example to us all.
You are, and will always be, legendary on this forum.
I don’t know what else to say, other than my thoughts are with you and Judy.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
There is NO SUCH THING as "only a dog".

Daisy is an intelligent, sentient being who was a big, big part of your life and will always be a part of your heart.

What you have done today shows the depth of your love and compassion for her.

I will never meet you at a Rally or get-together but I know you are the sort of person I would love to sit with outside our vans as dusk falls.
Take care m'dear, xx
Put it much better than i could. Ditto from me mo :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Take heart Mo for being able and fortunate enough to find a loving home for Daisy to continue the care, attention and love you have given her. Nothing we can say can take away the heartbreak but take strength from the fact that you have done the very best for her despite the effect on yourself......and some of us.
Sue

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
You did the right thing Mo.Having met Daisy while me and Nikki visited you I know what a loverly dog she was and someone is giving her a good home so you don’t have to worry.
Take care of yourself and hope Judy gets well soon and comes home so you can be together again. 👍

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
motorhoming 1979 ---- 2024
Hi Mo
As fiddler said , Well, I’m not normally lost for words, but this is one occasion I can only say how brave you are.
You must be gutted , but you have done the right thing for Daisy , Mate
Thinking of you both , everything has been said by so many , I am pleased to have met you both at Bagwell and at Highlands end .
Terry

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.

Wish I was gone...

Dogs are the most loving angels on this earth stay strong mo .

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
You’ve done the only thing you could Mo, and it’s the right thing.

Daisy will be loved, and will give love to her new family.

Concentrate on Judy and yourself, knowing you have all the love and support that all of us here can give - virtual I know, but good nonetheless xx

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Had a call from the hospital lunch time...

A bed has become available at Churchill Hosp Oxford.....

Ambulance has left and should be at DCH approx 3 - 3.30pm...

You can come and stay till she leaves, she is in the discharge lounge, as you wont be able to see her again till she is discharged from Oxford....
Stayed about 3 hrs, when the nurse came into Judy`s room....
Sorry but on the way down the ambulance came across a nasty RTA that had just happened involving a couple of cars which had children as passengers.... It was very serious by all accounts..

So the long and short of it is...

Another ambulance will be here at 6am tomorrow to take Judy....

In the mean time she is being taken back to another ward for tonight...

I should be annoyed, but when I heard there were children in the accident I thought what`s another night..

Fingers crossed she will be on her way at 6am tomorrow...

Has anyone heard of a serious accident from Oxford to Dorchester (Somewhere). ??

Hope the kids are OK...

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I had the privilege of being with you, Judy and Daisy back in June 2022 at Stoke Gabriel when we sat peacefully in the sun chatting about the world, life and everything and the joys of the motorhoming life. It was also when you told me that it was your final trip and that the van was being sold to another funster and that old-mo, the traveller, would now be homebound - which made me sad for you. Little did I know that by November that year I too would have call it a day and so I too would have to live on wonderful memories of the lovely places and people I'd met with that Stoke Gabriel weekend being prominent in my thoughts. I'm sure I'm not the only funster who delighted in the company of you and Judy and whose lives were enriched by meeting you. Many best wishes for the future and if there is anything I can help you with, just remember I'm only up the road from you and you only have to ask.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Just called the hospital (11am) after waking up from a deep sleep...

And the 6am collection did not happen, we will let you know when...

OH........ Didn`t anyone phone you....... NO..... The ambulance from Oxford came at 8am and they are on the way back to Oxford with Judy...

Thank goodness for that,,,,, perhaps they will sort her out NOW...

Will let you know what a proper hospital has done in a few day`s...

Still missing Daisy, place is like a morgue...

Thanks for all the messages, does help a great deal knowing I am not going through this on my own.

Not religious BUT... Bless you all...

:glitter:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back