One of my last postings..... (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Lots of hugs to you both Mo and hope Judy recovers soon and will be home with you both.
I am sure you will find someone for Daisy but it may be worthwhile getting in touch with your local Dogs Trust. They can help out and I am sure you can donate a few bob to help sort daisy a new home. :h:

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
I have yet another interview for a prospective new owner for Daisy at 10am today.

German Shepherd Rescue - South West?

Would it be wrong of me to think that if they were able to help you & Daisy, the charity might find themselves with a little injection of donations from MHF members?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009

Would it be wrong of me to think that if they were able to help you & Daisy, the charity might find themselves with a little injection of donations from MHF members?
Many years ago I got my Shepherd through a rescue fosterer in Lancashire.
Unfortunately not in a position to have Daisy, she is such a lovely girl.
All the best to yo all Mo

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Thank You..... (y)

As it happens it turned out to be a dog type rescue that came... I think one of my kind neighbours must of put them onto me...

They came a took loads of details and of course Daisy cuddled up to them, and the lady said we should have no problem rehousing her...

Then I had a phone call asking to send some photo`s, which I did and the e.mail got returned no such address or similar, unfortunately the phone they called me on was "Number With Held"

So I may give your suggestion a call..

Thank you..

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
😪German Shepherd Rescue - South West?

I'd certainly be willing to donate. I'm just sorry that we're not in a position to offer her a home with us.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I've only just picked up on this thread and am so saddened to read of your situation. I can't imagine what you're going through right now but, whatever it is and however you choose to deal with it, I wish you the very best of whatever time you have left. I hope you can focus on the great memories you must have and that your stoic attitude and humorous personality can help give you the strength you need. Huge hugs xxx

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Thank You..... (y)

As it happens it turned out to be a dog type rescue that came... I think one of my kind neighbours must of put them onto me...

They came a took loads of details and of course Daisy cuddled up to them, and the lady said we should have no problem rehousing her...

Then I had a phone call asking to send some photo`s, which I did and the e.mail got returned no such address or similar, unfortunately the phone they called me on was "Number With Held"

Thank you..

Thank You..... (y)

Thank you..
I’m so sorry you and Judy are going through so much 😢 Try German rescue elite http://gsrelite.co.uk/.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Maurice please don't think we would get bored I check every day to see any updates and keep fingers crossed for some good news about Daisy she such a lovely dog and I know it would be a relief for you to know she has gone to a good home. Love to you and Judy.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

Thank You all for being there for Judy and myself... :hugs::::*
Bless you Mo - I've also just lost 2 older brothers the same way.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mo, how about putting a thread on here specifically about wanting a home for Daisy as people might not read your posts about other things.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wish I could take Daisy on but with three monsters already it'd be too much ... and I ain't doing a Northernraider! Saying that, he is getting a much bigger MH! :unsure:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
We never met you but still lived along the curled up pages of Bob Monkhouse ageing joke book…… and enjoyed every minute (almost) of your laughs. Thank you (how I wish we could have met you both before resigning your post). Alan and Rosalie Greenwood

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Daisy leaves my home tomorrow.... :crying1:

She is going to a good home...

But being the coward I am.... I am going out and a lovely neighbour is going to see her on her way...

I will miss you terribly Daisy...... But it is for the best....

From a sobbing Old-Mo writing this........... :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980

But being the coward I am.... I am going out and a lovely neighbour is going to see her on her way...

From a sobbing Old-Mo writing this........... :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
Take heart Mo that we make these decisions because we love our four legged friends unconditionally. ❤️

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp

Bless you, you are doing the best you can for her. Thinking of you.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

I am sorry mate:(

You are doing the right thing though - as usual.

Best wishes from me

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Ask if they will send update photos from time to time. When we took on ourvtwo male cats the lady was emigrating, but in tears as she left our house. I know it helped that for a long while we sent photos of the cats on holiday, on Eurotunnel train and relaxed at home. If you ask, they can only say yes or no.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
14 years with an RV
Mo, you and Judy's situations have brought me and Chris to tears:cry:, and now Daisy.

If our love and best wishes could be converted into money, you would probably be the richest couple on earth...

Love ya Mo and Judy xxxx

Craig and Chris

p.s. Get a grip with your grammar man, it's;

'Should have, Could have, Would have' NOT 'should of, could of, would of' :hugs: Now repeat......

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
motorhoming 1979 ---- 2024
Hi Mo , I am so sorry mate:( , to read this
Breaks my heart to think I may eventualy have to do similar .
You are doing the right thing though - as usual.
You know you are putting her first , so please take some comfort from that.
Terry , sending big hugs to you & Judy

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Mo, you and Judy's situations have brought me and Chris to tears:cry:, and now Daisy.

If our love and best wishes could be converted into money, you would probably be the richest couple on earth...

Love ya Mo and Judy xxxx

Craig and Chris

p.s. Get a grip with your grammar man, it's;

'Should have, Could have, Would have' NOT 'should have, could have, would have' :hugs: Now repeat......
I really don’t think Mo is worrying about his Grammer, he is more cut-up about Judy and Daisy.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
A decision based on love and care Mo!

You have my sincere sympathies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun