One of my last postings..... (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Converted van
Like many others I am a relatively new member & haven’t had chance to meet anyone else, especially not you Mo, & judging by the responses to your post, that is my loss. Your post brought a lump to my throat, as did many of the responses. I wish you well with the time you have. I hope you find a good home for the 4 legged family member - that must be a very difficult decision. Treasure the time you have with friends & family……& possibly have a wee snifter every so often. Take care.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Your a brave chap, my respects to you both 🍷

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
We have never meet but you have entertained us over the years with your posts.
Jim has said it all for us and we wish you a peaceful journey.
Tony & Patricia

Smokaijo

LIFE MEMBER
May 15, 2023
Guildford, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 679
Exp
My partner & I are newbies and have a fully adapted motorhome for myself with my electric wheelchair
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

Thank You all for being there for Judy and myself... :hugs::::*
So sorry to hear that honey - it’s an awful thing to happen. Spend the rest of your time with each other & family making as many good memories for the time you have. My heart goes out to you as I’ve just had a friend diagnosed with the same thing 😢

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 16, 2008
littlehampton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1973
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

Thank You all for being there for Judy and myself... :hugs::::*
Sincere wishes to you. There are many of us who are balancing on similar lines. Enjoy you time. Love to you both even though we have never met. Roger.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Sorry to hear your news you were always my favourite. I remember showing your photo in mankini to my hubby to show what fun was all about think I frightened him of rallies. Thinking of you both and Daisy. Xx

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sad to hear the news old-mo. Even when it’s not unexpected the timing is so hard for you and Judy. You have given so much to our community over many years for which I give my thanks. Thinking of you both x

Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
Even as a complete stranger, this is so sad to read.
My respect to you for sharing and facing the inevitability of something that will come to us all in time so candidly.

Apr 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
LWB VW T6.1
So sorry to read your post, you are very brave for sharing.
All our thoughts are with you and yours.
It is so important for all men to take more care of themselves, we try to be so macho.
I have prostate issues, after numerous more invasive biopsies, I have NOT been given a diagnosis either way. My dad had prostate cancer, so I am on the high risk watch list, with regular blood tests.
All men are at some level of risk and it is so important to get checked out, a simple blood test will show if your PSA level is normal or not. And the finger up your backside, is only embarrassing for you, the doctor does it dozens of times a day!

You can start by following this link:

If this helps just one of us it is worthwhile checking.

God bless!

Aug 8, 2019
Newent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since November 2018
So sorry to hear about this Mo, I enjoy your posts. I'll raise a glass to you tonight.🍺

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
No way could I put a like on that Mo. Stay strong - as you know I have been there with 3 months to live but I was one of the lucky ones. Take care and good luck.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
So sorry to hear your news Mo.
Thank you for the fab rallies you have put on. Our first rally with you was gale force winds on the farm site but, we all had fun. Certainly tested our air awning
Best wishes
Graham & Jean & Benji

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back