LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Where do I start !!!!!

Right here goes............ A few weeks ago I had a call from the oncologist...... We are STOPPING your prostate cancer treatment..... I am afraid it has spread to other parts of your body, and there is nothing we can do.... 2 -3 months maybe 4 months if I am lucky..

There is only one person on "Fun" that knew this info, I did not make it public as I had not told Judy and I did not want to set her getting better back....

But I have now told her, because she is coming home this afternoon, and by looking at me she would have known something was wrong... And I was advised by the doctor to tell her so that he can inform Marie Currie to get pallative care up and running..

PS............... It is with broken heart I will try and get Daisy rehomed, there is just no way we can give her the attention and walks she needs, and dog walkers are costing us a fortune... :crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1::crying1:

As the weeks go by I will post less and less...... but will pop in on occasion to make sure you are behaving...

Thank You all for being there for Judy and myself... :hugs::::*

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Sorry to hear that Mo. But chin up and get on with what you have left to do. At least you have some notice to allow you to get stuff sorted.
Treat yourself to a couple of bottles of nice scotch and take a nip now and again.
All the very best Mo and Hugs to Judy.
:sym:

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Thanks for letting us know! Now is the time to look after yourself, Judy & Daisy. We have never met, but I have very much enjoyed your posts over the years. Take all the help that is available to you, & ask on here for help if you think anyone can. Sending a hug!

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
I'm not sure I have ever posted on your threads before, but this time I just want to say that when my time comes, I hope I can face it with the fortitude you are showing.
I also want to thank you ( I think;) ) for all the joke which many a time brightened up my day - it's lovely to be able to groan and laugh at the same time!
Take care old-mo
Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dear Old Mo,

Words cannot express the deep gratitude and admiration we all feel for you. Throughout your long period of poor health , you've shown immense strength, courage, and an unwavering spirit and sense of humour that has touched each and every one of us.

Please know that whether you are posting or not, you are in our thoughts and hearts. Your presence on MHFun has made a lasting impact, and your legacy of positivity, humour and resilience will continue to inspire us.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, for the laughs, the wisdom, and the unwavering support you've given so selflessly. We are all better for having known you, and your spirit will forever be a part of Motorhomefun.

With deepest respect and affection.

Jim, Siân and The Funsters xx

PS: As you move into palliative care, I know those Marie Curie nurses will be made to giggle. But make sure you are in proper PJs for their visits and not your Bikini

mo2.gif

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Great to read your posts over the years. I'd like to say that the jokes have been a highlight but I can't lie. I hope that you keep smiling and you can get some new jokes to entertain those around you. Cheers and I'll raise a glass to you.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
I have not been here long enough to get to know you, but just what you have said above shows what an incredible person you are: your first thoughts on this awful news were to protect your wife, and then to ensure your beloved dog is well looked after. That tells me everything I ever need to know about who you are.

So very sorry to read this, and like all the other Funsters, sending you my very best wishes. 😘

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
all i can say is you know how much you and judy are loved by all who know you both, sending the gentlest of hugs, just wishing i could deliver them in person, i really do..

jim has said everything i wish i could have put in words, biggest love to you both from me..

and hope you've got a few bottles of that lovely special sweet white wine to get you through the next few months, what is it called by the way, need to get some so that i will always remember the happy days in fields in dorset and that awful pink tutu that you wore so well and gave us all a chuckle..

stay strong, luv n'hugs, toni x

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mo, you were the first Funster we met 11 years ago, and we think ourselves so lucky to have kept in touch with you and Judy over the years.

So much love will be coming your way from this wonderful forum, ours along with it.

Thinking of you both and sending gentle hugs. xxx

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Since 2004
Such awful news for you both. Hopefully someone understanding and local can take Daisy so she can still visit you both while getting the exercise and care she needs. If you put details or a picture up on here, there may even be a Funster nearby that would love to take her on. If Nextdoor.co.uk covers your area, it might be a place to make an appeal.

I can only second the sentiments in the post by Jim. It's been a long long time since we met you, and you probably don't remember us, but you have been one of Fun's stalwarts from the beginning. The bravery you have shown as life has thrown one tragedy after another at you and Judy has been incredible.

We of course wish you you all the best on the palliative care journey. Pop in when you can. Love to Judy.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
So sorry to read this, always looked forward to your posts and even had the pleasure to meet you in person when you came to Dumfries.

I hope the time remaining is as comfortable as possible for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back