One more day to go 😁 (7 Viewers)

Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Travelling to Newhaven port tomorrow afternoon to park overnight in readiness for a 7am sailing on Sunday. (First time out of the UK in a motorhome)!

I know that many people have done this route, so my question is this: what establishment do you have your final evening meal from in Newhaven once parked up in the port car park?

Any other tips would be gratefully received as well. (We have a cabin booked on the outward to facilitate peace and quiet 😴 having a shower etc during the journey).

Thanks all 👍

(If any one is heading down the West coast of France then circumnavigating Spain anti clockwise, look out for a slightly confused retired couple in a Swift 964 with a Motorhome Fun Sticker)! 🤔

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Well, I would probably invite myself around to LennyHB’s house, ask if I could park on his drive and sample his cooking. Then, sit down and listen to lots of good advice about touring Europe.
I’m sure he’s very approachable.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
my top tip is not to worry and enjoy.

if it breaks, it can be fixed
if you run out, you can usually re-fill
if you get it wrong, likely chance it will be right next time.

I first drove to St. Tropez in 1986. Tiny Citroen, Early twenties. Never bothered about a thing. No Sat Nav, Other half always had the map upside down. Kids fast asleep in the back.

just take it easy

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sorry can't help with where to eat.
Just want to wish you a good first trip abroad.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Come on down :LOL:

Plenty of room and completely free so far 15 nights in
Just remember fuel in France is dearer than Spain so don’t fill up before you cross the border we have paid €1.32 so far in Spain. France was all about €1.74.
Enjoy your time. Don’t plan. Go with the flow.

IMG_5068.jpeg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Travelling to Newhaven port tomorrow afternoon to park overnight in readiness for a 7am sailing on Sunday. (First time out of the UK in a motorhome)!

I know that many people have done this route, so my question is this: what establishment do you have your final evening meal from in Newhaven once parked up in the port car park?

Any other tips would be gratefully received as well. (We have a cabin booked on the outward to facilitate peace and quiet 😴 having a shower etc during the journey).

Thanks all 👍

(If any one is heading down the West coast of France then circumnavigating Spain anti clockwise, look out for a slightly confused retired couple in a Swift 964 with a Motorhome Fun Sticker)! 🤔
That narrows it down to a few 1000 loads of confused retired on here :rofl:
Some of us just confused :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal

Thanks all 👍

I was interested in this bit. So nowhere decent to eat then? (Apart form the van)

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Or if you like fast food go right out of the terminal to KFC Mc D's but I have heard the hope inn is good and you could park there too.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I was interested in this bit. So nowhere decent to eat then? (Apart form the van)

Not been myself but the Italian Padella D’oro just across the river on Bridge Street has been mentioned as a good option on the forum before.

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
At the port now and literally right in front of the gate (arrived at 5.55pm).

Absolutely great place to eat: Hot Spot Burger and Grill. 3-4 minutes walk away, fantastic burger choices, all home made, chicken strips, halloumi fries, specialty fries and more.
Not much to look at from the outside and on the edge of the industrial area, but we didn’t go there for the scenery!
Google it for the menu, see TripAdvisor for the reviews.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Have a great trip. You will find your own spots soon enough and please post them on here for everyone else. We are travelling now bit I am not much good at posting while i go so I will put them all up in one go when we get back.

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Currently at Camping Lac St Cyr and hardly any one here and literally have one half of the site to ourselves.
Great location, massive pitches and fully serviced for £17 per night. There is no swimming in the lake (even if it was warm enough) due to blue algae that has been present since last year (apparently).

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Today’s stop is Chateau Larcher, less than an hours drive from Lac St Cyr. Only two other motor homes on the aire . Great value at 7e for spacious pitch with ehu.

Next to a sports field with toilets available but a bit grim; three cubicles, one with no toilet in it, the other two tatty and no toilet seats. A single shower in one of the cubicles.
They are okay but we will use our own.

Five minute walk into the centre and had a great 3 course lunch for two with 2 beers and 1 wine for £32 👍

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Today’s stop is Camping les Goelands. Not many people here at all so a great choice of pitches and really quiet and peaceful.
Most of the facilities on site are closed at the moment but close to a couple of villages and of course, the beach and wetlands, so everything we need.

OP
OP
Purrfecttune
Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
Originally booked three nights here but the weather is great (clear blue skies and really warm in the sun) and we love the area so added another day.
Did a 65km round trip on the (electric) bikes today and only needed battery power towards the end as it is so flat and the cycle paths are excellent (more than 300km of them here).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back