Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
images

Remember these? Used to sit ages cutting these up. Can't see my granddaughters bothering!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Thank you. It's not very often I get nice things said about me on here. Most people are broad-minded, and just laugh. :) However, you do seem to have a good understanding of the subject. (y)(y) You must have travelled in a Cortina? :D
I had two at various times but one was an ESTATE with loads of room in the back.

Tootles

Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I had two at various times but one was an ESTATE with loads of room in the back.
AHHH, well, that's the problem solved then!! Mine was a Lotus Cortina, which meant of coarse that it always attracted the faster women. (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Glass spark plug tester brand name was Gunstone colour tune, use to set petrol mixture on old cars, if it showed yellow it was running too rich so adjusted it till it turned blue, Mick still has one, old b***er

So have I? Doesn't everyone? along with the Strobe light "gun" for setting the timing?

Mind. I`ve still got the old man`s Deck Caulking Tools. (he was a shipwright), and an Adze. You have to be careful swinging that, it can take your ankle out.

Pete

Tootles

Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Still got my Gunson, in it's black box, with the HT extension lead as well. (y) AND, a side valve lifting tool!.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Sounds familiar, Dad came home in a Wolsey 6:80, ex police car. Cracking motor.!

Bought one of these to "do up"in my spare time never did finish it :(

Sure I stumbled across a workshop / owners manual a while back.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
1st car bought at Auction(Stapleton road Bristol) old moggy minor 195?convertable £15 fitted with moggy 1000 wings so 4 headlights this was 1965 only me 15yr old got it home to Plymouth :whistle:pre motorway days was fine going forwards but reverse and banging from the rear end spring hangers were shot went for scrap

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bet you a tanner if you started a new thread on valves someone would come up with one!
There are hardly ANY valves that are not available if you look hard enough !
I recently got hold of PCL86 ( audio amp ) and a PL500 ( line output ) bottles for someone resurrecting a 1966 /67 Thorn 2000 series chassis ...

Oh.. Jamboree Bags ( 3d ) and Jubbly's ( 4d I think ?? ) that were available as a drink or frozen :)

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
The cinema on a Saturday afternoon. given 1/6 each that was 9d to get in and 9d to spend. We were rich. :)

Rich indeed Jim, we had a bob to go with, threepence bus fare each way, tanner to get in. We wanted an ice cream one time so spent busfare on that and decided to walk home. (3 of us) got horribly lost went into a police station had a lovely ride home. Then a good belt because "what will the neighbours think you've been up to":Eeek:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Opps double up.

A local one now any plymouth folk remember the midnight walk every good Friday out to the plympton ridgeway bakers for the first and hottest hot cross buns ? People from
All areas walked and gathered just for the hell of it

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years

That is the new one we had a cast alloy one with the motor on top It was a real Hoover, and it had an attchment to blow when you took the bag off the back. Had it for years until it started to leak (electricity that is) so it went out. seems some people collect things like that and use them in period films etc. Downton abbey???

Deleted User
Remember my parents buying a 2 bed bungalow, bathroom, kitchen and large lounge with detached double garage and oil central heating which was being built in High Crompton, Shaw for £2,200. It was in 1958!:laughing:

Got the school bus from Newhey to Chadderton Grammar through Shaw and Royton from 1960 to 1964, we lived at Milnrow at the time. Family then moved to the other side of Rochdale and I had to make my own way on the 24 bus from Rochdale to the top of Burnley Lane on Broadway until I got a motorbike when I was sixteen.Sometimes met mates in the North Star for a beer or two and walked home to Rochdale more than once.......happy days:)

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
I remember the Saturday matinee full of loud and raucous kids, the ice cream usherette came round at the interval. The choc ices and lollies were about 6d. On this Saturday when the ice cream came round it was cornettos and magnum lollies at 2 bob or 2/6d. We kids were devastated, a defining moment when the life of a ten year old was for ever changed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back