LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It’s crap though isn’t it?

Why should people know? I do because I live there, but others just want to visit.

Everyone going towards London these days should open an account with TFL so they are only charged £15 or whatever rather than fined £300.

Khan is a to$$er allegedly.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There is no excuse for ignorance of the law. Nobody will come and knock n your door to tell you the news.
No one is saying ignorance is an excuse but surely it is incumbent on the charging authority to educate and spread the news nationwide?

Otherwise people might think the Mayor of London and TFL are deliberately ripping people off.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not sure what your ‘oh dear’ represents , I feel sorry for him

F8ECC058-A010-45A2-862C-37991E9E981A.png

E10B55A6-C75B-4C5A-A08F-2094EC1A2C20.png

Just had a look at the site details, it is a C&MC site and it can not be reached without paying a charge unless you have a compliant vehicle

The site page mentions the charge but not as obviously as I would like it to, I think I might miss the warning on the site details but don’t know what the actual road signs are like

But you would sacrifice your deposit if you cancelled when you spotted the signs 🤔

It would cost me £200 to get in and back out of the site presuming I spotted the charge or prepaid

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
It’s crap though isn’t it?

Why should people know? I do because I live there, but others just want to visit.

Everyone going towards London these days should open an account with TFL so they are only charged £15 or whatever rather than fined £300.

Another little cash cow he has thought up…..
Extra £8 plus a day apparently it’s will cost commuter’s 🤬🤬
How soon before he can go?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Another little cash cow he has thought up…..
Extra £8 plus a day apparently it’s will cost commuter’s 🤬🤬
How soon before he can go?

He will keep getting voted in because his supporters don’t drive.

I will leave it at that as I might get into trouble.

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
No one is saying ignorance is an excuse but surely it is incumbent on the charging authority to educate and spread the news nationwide?

Otherwise people might think the Mayor of London and TFL are deliberately ripping people off.
I can understand your thinking, but if there is someone in the UK does not know that the is a ULEZ in London I dispair. By no way can a person use the defence they did not know. There are several more in the UK. Spoiler alert. They charge as well.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I can understand your thinking, but if there is someone in the UK does not know that the is a ULEZ in London I dispair. By no way can a person use the defence they did not know. There are several more in the UK. Spoiler alert. They charge as well.
I get that but do they really know the detail and is it incumbent on them to remember the detail as they set off to explore their own country?

I just think it’s wrong.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
The trouble is that visitors do know but do not know exactly where the boundaries are and once pinged by a camera it's too late!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’m sure I remember a funster asking about going there on here a while back…🤷🏼‍♂️ maybe he’s a member…😎

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

Don’t think many charge £100 a day though 🤔😳

I nearly went into the Bradford zone recently, well signed so I swerved it then checked, it’s £50 a day, even if you only use a roundabout to do a u turn, but as has been publicised for the Sheffield zone, once you see the sign coming off the M1 you can’t swerve the charge 🙁🤔

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You are too polite. he needs hanging .The man is utter scum
He will keep getting voted in because his supporters don’t drive.
Yes & he uses membership of Transport for London (TFL) for his referendums & to invent ulez & increase lez because most are pedestrians & cyclists & other scum. Aprt from us foreigners who have to be members as we have to register our vehicles with the ****. So he is stuck with us heaping abuse on him. He along with the other labour piece of filth Livingstone have cost the citizens of london Billions. Both should have there heads on pikestaffs
but if there is someone in the UK does not know that the is a ULEZ in London I dispair.
I guarantee that there amount runs in to millions.
The trouble is that visitors do know but do not know exactly where the boundaries are and once pinged by a camera it's too late!
& foreigners don't know they have to register. UK the only country that uses apnr for its own citizens & expects people without english as a first language to be able to decipher its unintelligible website & fill in forms that on one site motorhomes are not even listed & magically turn up on a page on another site.
then when you do have an account they shut it without telling you & when you tell them to get the****ing thing back up they come up with all sorts of lies saying it has disappeared , lost in a changeover , blue screen of death ,, even when you still have an account number & access & : when you lose the plot & threaten all sorts of disembowelling suddenly the "lost in space account" reappears complete with all its vehicles & info.
Add to that having to supply info to there chosen company for 'management'; a company that uses any sort of methods & states anything to fleece you of a "fine" that they know isn't even legal , use statements & "laws" that do not apertain to the offences thinking they are dealing with a foreigner who would not know they are scamming , fraudulent & attempting to gain a pecuniary advantage . the whole lot is a disgusting assortment of crooks & wasters.

Feb 6, 2019
Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560 1992
Exp
Since 2017
This is the future people!

We have to get cleverer and cleverer to anticpate and detect exactly where a zone begins and where it ends. London is nothing unusual with the charge. I tried to register a car for an exemption to the Barcelona ZBE (low emissions zone). You can get 10, 24-hour annual exemptions if your car is older than 2000 petrol or 2006 diesel - as many MH's are.

I needed it for a run into BCN city to help a friend move later that week, but I had to let them down in the end because the application involved scanning the car's details to have these registered and approval of the ability to be exempted granted. which wasn't going to take the 22 hours registration on the system in advance to come through.

I have posted several times on similar topics. Is there any mileage - pardon the pun - in accumulating these topics and posts in a new thread focussing on restrictions that come from environmental rules?

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
As it says in the article it's £300 not £100, this is because his motorhome is pre Euro 4 if it was Euro 4 it would be £100.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
It’s just a big money making racket, another indicator of rip off Britain!!
U.K. lez zones up to £100 A DAY

France LEZ zones €4 for the lifetime of the windscreen
Germany LEZ zones €5 for the lifetime of the windscreen
Ah, but that’s because Khan is more serious about pollution than the French or Germans… ;)

Roby2008

Free Member
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I knew the guy in the article years ago, no other comment other than I recognised the name ........

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Ah, but that’s because Khan is more serious about pollution than the French or Germans… ;)
🤣🤣🤣🤣

If any of them were that serious about pollution all ICE vehicles would be banned in the LEZ zone full stop!! Easier to extract money behind the smokescreen🙄😁😁

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
If any of them were that serious about pollution all ICE vehicles would be banned in the LEZ zone full stop!!
My thoughts exactly.

What they are effectively saying is we don’t want you killing the population but if you pay us then it’s ok!!

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
🤣🤣🤣🤣

If any of them were that serious about pollution all ICE vehicles would be banned in the LEZ zone full stop!! Easier to extract money behind the smokescreen🙄😁😁

Only a matter of time. The ratchet will be applied, one click, another click ... until ICE vehicles disappear from Greater london.

This is what the future for commercial deliveries will look like (propaganda alert)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Many other cities have banned cars for things like, older than a certain year..or a complete ban on certain days in the week.
Makes it clearer I suppose

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I asked about cars for the disabled going to hospital appointments given my Dad was so poorly. I was told he could cycle. I pointed out he had final stage dementia and was in a wheelchair. No concessions just the usual guff about cutting down on pollution - which I understand but ridiculous to expect a very ill 90 year old man and his carer to negotiate public transport in a strange place.

He would have suffered a total melt down on the tube, crowded buses just as bad and a taxi difficult.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I for one wouldn't know, I have just seen Bradford and Sheffield have them, I hadn't a clue, why would I , I have been to Sheffield once and Bradford never, so if I was setting off now why would I look for something I had never heard of.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back