No fridge, oven or hot water - what's gone wrong? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
All the things you list not working have a seperate source of power so that if you turn the habitation 12 off they will still work. Check near the hab batteries for a seperate fuse on ours there is a 50 amp for the hab and a 10 amp for fridge heater etc.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I'm curious how the solar might be causing the problem?
Not causing a problem, just interfering with a test, as suavecarve says. If the hab battery voltage rises when the engine is running, it shows that the two big fuses, on the starter battery to PDU wire, and the PDU to hab battery wire, are both OK.

But if the solar is charging the hab battery, maybe directly and not through the PDU, then it will make the hab battery voltage rise. So you won't see a rise when the engine starts.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Not causing a problem, just interfering with a test, as suavecarve says. If the hab battery voltage rises when the engine is running, it shows that the two big fuses, on the starter battery to PDU wire, and the PDU to hab battery wire, are both OK.

But if the solar is charging the hab battery, maybe directly and not through the PDU, then it will make the hab battery voltage rise. So you won't see a rise when the engine starts.
Thanks, understood đź‘Ť

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Spanish mouse had a little nibble at the electrics somewhere whilst parked up for the function?
Mike.

Nov 19, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090DF
Exp
Started off with a v. old Hymer in 2008
I had this recently on my Rapido 9090DF. Hob, oven, fridge and heating all stopped working. Turned out that a bread knife in the drawer had shorted across the ignition wires under the hob. Tried all sorts of things to track down the issue including identifying the circuit that controls gas ignition (the common factor) and swapping over a fuse to check this. Nothing seemed to fix it so eventually took it back to Wokingham Motorhomes. First thing Phil said was have you tried replacing the fuse. Told him of course I had, but he tried again and hey presto all sorted. Felt a right muppet but it seems the spare fuse I tried was already blown!

Jun 17, 2021
Beverley, UK
Funster No
MH
Florium magister74ml
Exp
Been caravanner for over thirty years,now going to have motorhome very soon.
Hi All

Hopefully you can help!

We've borrowed a motorhome from a friend for a big trip to France and Spain. We're currently mid-way into the trip but our fridge, freezer, oven and water heater all seem to have lost power and won't turn on. We can live without the water heater and oven but getting the fridge/freezer back up and running while we're away would be really helpful. Especially as we have a 4 year old and 6 year old in tow.

It's a Fiat Ducato base van with a Fleurette Florium Mayflower build on the back.

The fridge/freezer/oven is a Dometic Rmdt 8505. The water heater is a Truma CP plus. It's got a Nordelettronica consumer unit [or whatever you call then in a MH]

I've read lots of threads on here about the fridge/freezer and it could well be a dead control panel but the fact the oven has also stopped working [it won't spark] and then water heater doesn't have a 12v supply [It's giving us the code W255 h] makes me think it might be something else.

I've put new brand new fuses in, I've checked the connections behind the fridge and I've had the control panel off the fridge to check that too. I've taken the cover off the consumer unit and checked all these connections too. All other electrics seem to be working fine.

It was working fine until we plugged into a campsite for the first time of the trip. And then I noticed the fridge was off [I can't even get the control panel to turn on on the fridge].

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there anything I've missed?

Thanks in advance!
How strange our fluerette did exactly the same ,it will reset from the trauma panel,try pressing the button hard,worked for me straight away. Fault code if for heater..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back