Jun

Rally Newark Motorhome Show 2024 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
I'm not too sure on this ..but Adblue and eolys systems are two different engine systems, they do not run together .. it's either - or.

The eolys system has a tank for deisel -fuel additive which is for reducing particles /cleaner burning.

The adblue is a tank for adding into the exhaust sytem to neutralise gas emmissions.
I googled and it seems Fiat changed from eolys to adblue around 2016.

I think if you using an adblue lock cap then removing the fuel cap is not going to confuse the eolys system because you won't have eolys and adblue together.

I'm pretty sure some more Funsters can help us and know the proper info.
My 2020 boxer has both and yes as I said they are 2 separate systems that both help reduce emissions

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Yup I've learnt something, thank you for that.

Geewiz, so you have two seperate systems one adblue and one eolys you squirt into your diesel ..well impressed.

Apologies to all for the previous mis-information

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I’m aware of that fact, but the device locking the ad- blue cap is merely to prevent some ‘Herbert ‘ putting anything in you 19 ltr ad blue tank. Nothing else. Simples 👍
By the sounds of it all these additives are going to cost more than the diesel 😮
It will soon be cheaper to just fly around the world just like the officials who think up this stuff Oh Please!

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
I'm not too sure on this ..but Adblue and eolys systems are two different engine systems, they do not run together .. it's either - or.

The eolys system has a tank for deisel -fuel additive which is for reducing particles /cleaner burning.

The adblue is a tank for adding into the exhaust sytem to neutralise gas emmissions.
I googled and it seems Fiat changed from eolys to adblue around 2016.

I think if you using an adblue lock cap then removing the fuel cap is not going to confuse the eolys system because you won't have eolys and adblue together.

I'm pretty sure some more Funsters can help us and know the proper info.
As far as I am aware, there is no sensor detecting the removal of the fuel cap, so the vehicles ECU is blind to the fact that the cap has been removed. 👍

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back