New MoHo's at the Nec 2024, what are they thinking?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Somebody told us that the Swift stand cost them £1M :unsure: you got to sell a lot of vans to cover that outlay. You know I am with you on the garage and the transvestite bed but very few manufacturers offer this option so consequently you invariably end up with a small lounge or a van longer than you really want, the problem with steps to bed it on the FWD chassis without double floor.
🤣🤣🤣 transvestite bed!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have 3 steps, a large garage, a lounge to seat 6 people and I can sit up in bed above the garage (and I'm quite tall). Our MH is a 7.3m 2011 model, so 3 steps are not a new design :)

View attachment 965794
But do you not have to do the bum shuffle to get out of the bed and access the steps?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I was always under the impression that “ continental designs” had a bigger bedroom and smaller lounge area because the theory was you spent most of the day outside.
For UK because of inclement weather you needed more day time useable space ie bigger lounge.
Might be wrong ( not unusual) just something I had heard.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
But do you not have to do the bum shuffle to get out of the bed and access the steps?
No, the art is to roll onto your side or front and then stick your leg out until it contacts the floor.

I find it is actually considerably easier to get into and out of the motorhome high level bed, than it is to use a conventional bed at home, as you have a choice of floor level to go to, no need for bending and stooping.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I was always under the impression that “ continental designs” had a bigger bedroom and smaller lounge area because the theory was you spent most of the day outside.
For UK because of inclement weather you needed more day time useable space ie bigger lounge.

Our Spanish built MH has 2 x 2 seater bench seats and two swivel front seats. It feels very spacious and was one of the reasons we bought it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
September 2023 :)
Guilty as charged (y) you might have noticed there were a few steps up into the Morelo vans this is because of the deep double floor consequently less steps up to bed as you are starting from a higher point, and yes you can sit up in bed;)

The LOFT is a new design and only came into the country on Saturday I believe, did you go inside? we found it quite plain and sterile so I am interested it what other people think.

They have dropped the HOME model for this year and now start with the LOFT.
No, sadly, we didn't go in as there was a huge queue but had a quick look through the front window. Very nice I thought.
Saw that they had a Mercedes Actros chassis on the larger of their Mohomes and thought it a bit of a beast. Also, something
that size will give you limitations on what sites will accept it!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No, sadly, we didn't go in as there was a huge queue but had a quick look through the front window. Very nice I thought.
Saw that they had a Mercedes Actros chassis on the larger of their Mohomes and thought it a bit of a beast. Also, something
Yes that’s the Empire Liner and a serious bit of kit but too many limitations as you say, the others were Loft, Loft premium and Palace👍 the Palace starts at 8.69 metres and that’s big enough for what we want to do, sometimes too big 😉

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Mrs B, I'm with you luvvy. What the hell is it alll about.
If the 'ol man wants to take all his tools with him out the garage for a holiday, you tell him "NO"!!
The MoHo garage is not for all his crap.........Job done!
Remember.......your MoHo is for your pleasure. Comfort is everything!
Huge garage, limited bed space, and bloody steps...........tell them to bugger off!!
Sorry, had a few Guinnesses whilst writing this..........oh my god!!!!!
Anyone for another guiness? :hi::hi::hi::hi:
Hi.........
" ............................................. are you RATIONING THE Guinness ?....Another small pint please.... "
Tea Bag. :drinks:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
When you get into the 9s and over its difficult in UK but lots of aires and sites take Larger motorhomes on mainland Europe which is where most of the larger ones are.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
After visiting the NEC today with my wife, looked around some of the newbee's that they have on offer, but was very dissapointed with the way they are building
the rear bed area.

Hymer, Elddis, Bailey, Laika, just to name a few.........building "HUGE" garages on their mohomes but why? When you go inside, the bed at the rear now has
THREE steps to climb to go to bed! Nice when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night, as some of us do (maybe too many wines), forget that there
is a long drop to the floor, and "Hey presto", there's the floor! Now you can forget about the toilet all together. "How's your neck, dear?"

WHAT ARE THEIR DESIGNERS THINKING ABOUT ?

Perhaps I could get a job as a designer, it looks like it's not that much rocket science behind it all, and just maybe, megga money!

Your views and funny comments, I know are coming. I just feel it! :ROFLMAO:
We have 2 steps to the bed and a huge garage. Took getting used to I must admit, but no longer a problem, and being able to get into the garage is an advantage I would say.

hja

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
When we changed to our current van having fixed longitudinal single beds and a garage were must haves, after having a coach built with neither. We are 6.4m and have the space we want. We don’t fill all the cupboard space. We have bench seat and swivel seats at the front. Two steps up to bed which are storage spaces, we use for shoes. Don’t have a problem getting in and out of bed several times a night. Like the layout. We are in our 70 s

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
We would go for a better lounge and transverse bed as you still get a decent garage but Morelo don't offer that layout as they say nobody wants it:unsure:
Same for us , few & far between are transverse beds on new vans now , I loved our old (2018) transverse bed gave us more cupboard space at rear & statutory large garage

Edit
I like a double bed , hate singles , so I put a double mattress (transverse ) at the rear , so much wasted space now but I get to cuddle my lovely wife

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Somebody told us that the Swift stand cost them £1M :unsure: you got to sell a lot of vans to cover that outlay. You know I am with you on the garage and the transvestite bed but very few manufacturers offer this option so consequently you invariably end up with a small lounge or a van longer than you really want, the problem with steps to bed it on the FWD chassis without double floor.

Transvestite bed? Obviously I must have a somewhat vanilla MH lifestyle ...

Anything else we should know about? :oops:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

In the UK adverse weather means spending more time in the nearest pub. Woo Hoo!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Same here, it works well for us. It's been a common layout for many years.

People like a big garage - particularly if you are an active motorhomer - bikes, motorbike.
Amongst all the other items I can also put 2 cars in my garage. Why do people call these lockers on motorhomes "garages"

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Amongst all the other items I can also put 2 cars in my garage. Why do people call these lockers on motorhomes "garages"
Why? well some are big enough for a car and some just a motorcycle or even a couple of bicycles but whatever goes in there it seems a good way of differentiating the big space under the bed in comparison to lockers which are usually much smaller, if you said to me "it has a locker under the rear bed" I would immediately think of a low space that certainly wouldn't take a bike like our "garage" does ;)

Reactions: HKF

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back